• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price changes?

• Thread starter afreespirit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

afreespirit

I just logged on to collect some smithing and tailoring BODs and got quite a shock. The prices on the NPC vendors were outrageous. 153 gp for a buckler? 180 for a bronze shield? Skullcaps for 21gp?

This was in Britain fel on Catskills. And it was all the NPC weaponsmiths and armorers and tailors. I went over to Vesper and found the prices there were in the normal range.

Any other shards having this issue?

A

afreespirit

<blockquote><hr>

Could it just be high faction taxes there?

[/ QUOTE ]
I did not know that could happen.

G

Sounds like a high priced faction town. Sometimes they're cheaper than the base price, others they're way higher heh. If you want to be sure, a quick check is to recall to the town's bank and check the price of commodity deeds or vendor contracts there. That'll save you walking to the shops to find them too expensive

Wenchy

E

eolsunder1

Yep basically some towns can have prices changed by the factions who control the towns.

A faction town in Fel lets the faction leaders change the prices. High prices lets the faction leaders place faction npcs, the higher the prices, the more silver they have to place guards/npcs.

If the prices are low, they have less silver to place, but they have low prices on faction vendors so you can buy ore/wood, etc at good prices.

Simply put, if the prices are high, shop in another city.