• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Prepatch pets with no phys resist?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why do some of my old pets have no physical resist?

Is there a way to make it appear?

0ph.png

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Those resists are most likely taken from a very old Nightmare. My assumption is that there was a considerable bug with Nightmares at the introduction of the five different resist & damage types which had to be newly generated for all pre AoS pets.

Usual range for Nightmares nowadays is 55-65/30-40/30-40/30-40/20-30. Probably the values got shifted by one number at the generation of the five different resists and resulted in a range of 0-0/55-65/30-40/30-40/30-40 with the last value (20-30) truncated. Yours would perfectly fit into that theory.

These are the values of my very old Nightmare which I have since 1999:

PreAoSNightmare.png

Branden

Journeyman
What would the price be for one of these mares? Are either of you interested in selling? I think they are cool

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those resists are most likely taken from a very old Nightmare. My assumption is that there was a considerable bug with Nightmares at the introduction of the five different resist & damage types which had to be newly generated for all pre AoS pets.
You are correct; they were from a PP mare.

But I have an old PP white wyrm that also is missing his phys resist:

ppw.png

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are correct; they were from a PP mare.

But I have an old PP white wyrm that also is missing his phys resist:

View attachment 137314
Interesting that the WW resist is 65 fire and only 21 cold lol.

Is there any perk to having these pets? I think I have a mare and dragon (maybe WW) floating around somewhere.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting that the WW resist is 65 fire and only 21 cold lol.

Is there any perk to having these pets? I think I have a mare and dragon (maybe WW) floating around somewhere.
Their rarity is about the only thing I can think of. I do find it hilarious that a WW has untrained/bugged 65% Fire Resist, and I'm curious to see if you can actually train their physical resist. I would assume yes, but I'm also curious how high it can go.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not all pre-patch pets have bugged Resists like this. For example, i have a Gen 1 "Ancient" WW (Hades) that was tamed in the first few days of T2A back in 1998, and it doesn't have bugged resists. I also have a Gen 1 Pure, Long Mane Nightmare (Apollo) that was tamed in Terathan Keep back in 1998, and his resists aren't bugged.
The bugged resists seemed to hit pets that were on inactive accounts when AoS launched.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone paged a GM to possibly fix the resists (without resetting the stats)?

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
After char copy is back up at last, I played around with my bugged mare on Test Center:

PreAoSNightmareTraining.png

Is there a way to make it appear?
Apparently no, unfortunately there is nothing hidden to appear - it really has 0 physical resists (which was also noticeable while training... :wall:)
It will cost the full property weight (80 x 3 = 240) to give this mare 80 physical resist.

If you start training would it change ?
nope, no change.

Not all pre-patch pets have bugged Resists like this. ... The bugged resists seemed to hit pets that were on inactive accounts when AoS launched.
Which also seems to be correct with my few remaining pre AoS pets: this bugged mare was on a friend's inactive account at the time of the AoS launch - good assumption.

I know it probably doesn't apply to this case. I have been able to make all my new trained pets resist disappear like that by holding mouse over it and scrolling down with the mouse roller. Got freaked out when a good tame with good resist lost one of them like that with just the lines showing in it's spot. Managed to figure all I had to do was scroll it back up and there it was. Never tried training it like that. Also I play on classic client with no add-ons it may be different on other clients.