Prepare for Battle!! The search for Lt Commander Foxx is on...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Lord Drakelord

Sorry but who is Drake Foxx?

Sorry I have to ask as I have not seen any role play of the EMs alts except for a chance meeting of three in New Haven one day, [A very long time ago] other then Casa speach, little has been seen of them except maybe the events at the fair grounds in Malas, a place I rarely travel to since most folks there are only seeking a prize in game there.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 13, 2008
He is the Lt Commander of the Royal Guard ....

[News] EM Bio: Drake Foxx

hope that helps ya catch up on some of the news ...

*sorry to hear you are choosing not to attend the many types of events they are doing with their different alts and since folks are being recognized in other ways at the Player Reward Hall we really haven't seen to many of the 'prize seekers' refered to...

Also, I hope you have seen what was presented Friday, May 1st, during the monthly EM Meet & Greet (go visit the Skara Brae Center) as you were hoping for its return ... and yep we all ate CAKE!! :)

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 13, 2008
Insurance ... check
Bandaids .. check
Regs ... check
Spellbook ... check
Weapon ... check
Armour ... check
BOS ... check
Summon Ball ... check
Pass the word ... check
Invite Friends ... check
COOKIES ... check
Bump this promo post ... check

Hope to see ya there in about an hour (5pm PT - 7pm CT - 8pm ET)

:)

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Lot of low to medium level monsters killed.

A Dark father type was the boss, went down like a sack of poo, covered by greater dragons. I used a total of 5 bandies through the entire thing and was on top of the "action". We did notice the members of a certain guild running away from orcs, that brought quite a few chuckles from the gathered crowd. Not saying who...just a "certain" guild. ;)

It ended highly disjointed, due to the login server issue at that time I am sure. I place no blame on the EM. Given the issue, I doubt anyone would.

Hope the next one has some actual oomph to it. I have never paid much attention to these things since we lost the initial Dev team (anyone remember the space ship attack on Brit Bank? What a flipping hoot that was). I hope this is not a common example.

Given that the armor and weapon quality of both Trammies and Fels is so high..the monster mobs need to be much higher level to present an actual challenge of some sort. Lich Lords and rotting corpses are just too low.

Try shadow and ancient wyrms / with a few Rikkis thrown in next time. 50 of them vs a couple hundred of the things we got will greatly reduce the lag while upping the challenge rate to something that everyone can enjoy. if the folks are not dying in significant numbers, it is not hard enough. Risk vs reward.

I don't think I saw more than maybe 10 total deaths last night, definitely not high enough to make you feel something was actually accomplished.

Just the thoughts of a humble mass murderer, of course.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Oklahoma (yes it is a state)
I think the EM's have to do a balancing act as to how easy or tough the event will be so that everyone can participate. Not everyone has the "I can solo the DF, all peerless, and champ spawn boss" templates. I'm sure the EM could have had 50 paragon ancient wyrms spawn along with a couple Rikktors for good measure, but after a couple events the majority of players would be so feed-up with dying that they simply give up on coming to the events. Remember this is suppose to be a fun event for everyone, maybe last an hour, and everyone leaves feeling good and can't wait for the next event.

L

Lord Drakelord

I spent more time searching for clues, such as the two books in the 2nd guard tower, [they gone now, would be nice if they were on display at the Reward Hall] then fighting the monsters that did spawn. Manage to get off a EV during the DF battle and had my Dread horse on it while keeping it healed he helped to kill the DF. Overall I had a blast, it reminded me of the battles we had with the OLD EM's and Seers before.

My only concerns were those folks asking for rewards or gifts from the story teller, that get my goat every time I see someone asking for an item in game. The EM was right to point that they had a reward/gift, the loot from the kills around them.

I happen to like that Reward Hall, placing items there is a great way for the shard history to be maintain, Maybe player's books that were made telling the battles during the events would also be good there.

T

ThraximusZog

I will sit this one out sadly, but feel free to invite me when the EM's put on the "Dress up and tea party" contest.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Oklahoma (yes it is a state)
I will sit this one out sadly, but feel free to invite me when the EM's put on the "Dress up and tea party" contest.
I might actually go to that one just to see if Queen Mum shows up in a pink dress, red hair, floppy hat, big sunglass, and wearing a Ank pendant and twirls around like her little avator.