• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Prep work for the Fire Temple Ruins

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm going through all my reading and digesting what I will be going against in the Fire Temple Ruins mini Champ Spawn.

I'm posting here as a sanity check of what I think I am seeing

upload_2018-5-8_7-4-17.png

Everything is pretty straight forward to me except for Level 3 ... where I will be facing Fire Demons and Lava Elementals ...

One is weak to the Abyss Super Slayer ... the other to the Elemental Super Slayer

Which if I am reading the chart correctly are "OPPOSED" Super Slayers

It also goes on to say that if you use an Opposed Super Slayer you should be taking more damage from the Opposed Opponent.

So I head over to the Stratics PVM Damage Calculator and plug in numbers and play around with different Super Slayers.

I'm not seeing the Damage that I will take changing at all .... so the question is ....

Does anyone have the REAL low down on the effect of Super Slayers against an Opposed Group Super Slayer? Will I take more damage and how much?

Once I know that, I can calculate how much damage I could take and determine how I will compensate for it .... if at all ....

Thanks .... GR

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Side thought .... from looking at the damage that a Fire Demon or Lava Elemental would do to my character even if I were to double the damage that they do due to an opposing Super Slayer, it's really nothing to even consider. We're talking about less than 10 Damage per hit.

But I really would like to hear from anyone that knows how it works ... I'm sure there are other instances where it will be closer and knowing would be helpful.

So I think for Level 3 I will use a weapon with one slayer and the Cameo with the other .... that will give me some gains on each.

GT

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, they are opposite slayers and no, you don't want to have elemental slayer on you there.
Fire daemons have 60 dmg fire breath. Those are also augmented by the opposite slayer damage. I will leave the conclusion to you.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Bealank ...

I was just digging a little deeper and came back to see your post

Here's the stats on the two from Level 3

Fire Demon
upload_2018-5-8_8-26-50.png

Lava Elemental
upload_2018-5-8_8-27-21.png

Add to that the 60 Damage Fire Breath and it looks like I should focus on taking out the Fire Demons ASAP and the Lava Elementals shouldn't pose much of a threat ... and they will go allot quicker

Thanks ... GR

Last edited:

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can find yourself a ghost if you aren't careful on lvl3 of that spawn. I think focusing on taking out the Fire Demons is a good plan, but thinking the Lava Elementals aren't much of a threat might not be a good plan. Just like everywhere else, if you aren't a little careful you will find yourself overwhelmed in no time flat. Work the perimeter, maybe going in without Slayers to mitigate opposite damage would work ...maybe 100% cold weapon.