• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Preferred Pet for Poisoning?

Khayman

Visitor
Professional
I want to experiment with a pet that can poison and not sure what would be a stronger pet to add this to. What additional skills would I want to add to help it?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If ya want to try a poison based pet.. Try this build I think you will enjoy it.. Get a nice Trition.. GIve it the posion skill, which will unlock all poison related moves.. Go into area damage and teach it poison breath.. ( you can use Venom bite in its place if ya like but it can't use the max lvl of poison) Then work its skill to 80-GM, Next give it armor ignore for a strong single target burst move... Now that the poison skill has been worked to Gm or near, Give it Chiv.. Now it will have passive poison skill that will remain capped due to poison breath/ V bite going off but the massive explosive burst of a AI chiv pet on a increase swing speed pet.. Hope ya like this build Idea it can work on many other pets, but I find it truly sings on slugs... If ya have anymore question feel free to post or message me. =^-^=

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to experiment with a pet that can poison and not sure what would be a stronger pet to add this to. What additional skills would I want to add to help it?
Give rune beetle a go without spellcasting getting in the way by adding Magery Mastery, then overwriting it with poisoning.
Can also try with dread spider.
For a gargoyle tamer, a good Najasaurus solves most problems. Several ways to build this depending on what you're wanting to hunt.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a FWW+PB Najasaurus for AoE damage, and he frequently Lethal Poisons stuff with his bite or Poison Breath. Before the Najasaurus, i trained up a Dread Spider with Necromage+Poison Breath for AoE. So long as you train the Poisoning skill to GM on it before swapping to Necromage, it's Poison Strike spell actually gains a chance to apply Deadly Poison as well. The Necromage Dread Spider will cast Corpse Skin on it's opponent to increase it's damage output.

Khayman

Visitor
Professional
Give rune beetle a go without spellcasting getting in the way by adding Magery Mastery, then overwriting it with poisoning.
I am not sure what you mean. I am fairly new to pet training. So train magery mastery and then train poisoning or it comes with magery mastery so train poisoning instead?

i trained up a Dread Spider with Necromage+Poison Breath for AoE. So long as you train the Poisoning skill to GM on it before swapping to Necromage, it's Poison Strike spell actually gains a chance to apply Deadly Poison as well. The Necromage Dread Spider will cast Corpse Skin on it's opponent to increase it's damage output.
I have never used a dread spider or necromage so this sounds kind of fun tbh.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Rune beetles start with magery and poison, so mage mastery is 1 pnt, then poison is 1.

Rune beetles are the only ones that can use discord, and they already have RC, they are best used to debuff. Naja or triton woukd be best.

That said, poison isnt that great as an attack for PVM, the damage can be neglible.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rune beetles start with magery and poison, so mage mastery is 1 pnt, then poison is 1.

Rune beetles are the only ones that can use discord, and they already have RC, they are best used to debuff. Naja or triton woukd be best.

That said, poison isnt that great as an attack for PVM, the damage can be neglible.
Pets can not have 2 magics. If you add magery mastery the poison would go away and Vice versa.

Best to leave it as is and it keeps magery and poison.

Same with a skree that has Magery and Mystic.

Would be nice if they did not have bleed so you could add AI/Chiv.

Last edited:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My response was to khayman

Pets can not have 2 magics. If you add magery mastery the poison would go away and Vice versa.
Which is what nerus suggested. I did provide my $0.02 for use tho.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Best to leave it as is and it keeps magery and poison.

Same with a skree that has Magery and Mystic.

Would be nice if they did not have bleed so you could add AI/Chiv.
It stops gaining not vanish

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It stops gaining not vanish
If you choose poison the magery does nothing. Goes away is another way to say that.

Look at the Lore screen that shows the active abilities. Magery will not be there. So it vanishes if you want to call it that.

It can be turned to magery mastery if you put a point in again.

But you can not make that pet have magery and poison again at the same time.

I don't understand the benefit of a rune beetle that would just have poison and bleed. It's not going to do much damage.

Rune beetles have no room for specials like AI. Or we would attempt to build them AI/Chiv.

I doubt that I made a guide for Rune Beetles. Without a special, they are crap IMO.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like Don said. Experiment with a Triton on Test Center. You can get poison options and have a special like AI.

Can also add your poison ability then put Chivalry on it. Many poison abilities do not rely on the poison skill once they are chosen.