• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-plans for LS Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all!

It's been a few years since we've had a full on festival and we're hoping it's something everyone would still enjoy. If anyone would like to help out or donate nets and/or green thorns for the events please email me at [email protected]. We have prizes lined up already so no need to worry about that end. Feel free to ask questions here too if you like!

August 20th or 27th Luna Summer Festival (whichever date works best)

10am welcome announcement
(with special thanks to key people)

10:15

Craft Expo

BBQ Pit - ongoing
need a few players to monitor the food

Random: Let's Make a Deal Tent

10:30

Taming Expo
Peacemakers and Tamers join forces to bring in tamed creatures of all varieties for the public

Pirate Hunt
Gate to waiting boat at Emporium. Guided tour towards east of Jhelom for pirate hunting. Everyone gets bag of 10 grapeshot kits. To the winners belong the spoils with some added drops from hosts.

Naked Dungeon Run
Starting at the beginning of Tokuno Mines, the first person to make it to the end of mines is declared the winner

11:00

Best Flower Presentation
Would like to find a house plot designed for this. Every contestant friended and given a 4x4 area to decorate with flowers and other decorative items. If I cannot find a house to host this event we'll go with a standard bag deco rules. All items would be returned in either case.

BagBall 10k Tournament
Two teams evenly divided (as possible and can tag team between plays). Bag Ball Rules for this event:
Five rounds (+ or -) to create your winnings for your team.
Each team to make a goal gets 10k and doubles with each goal.
Example: 10k first goal, another goal = 20k, another goal = 40k ect. Everyone wins something provided both teams make a goal.

(Was going to call this one BagBall Gamble and considered a version of this where opposing team could set you back to 10k if they take a goal but would require a lot for a ref to keep score. Am open to suggestions on it.)

Last Man Standing
Necromancer Arena (?)
4 chairs set in middle of arena with a table. Mager/Archer round and a Warrior round. Players are allowed to take anything they want with any skill but cannot hide or cast invisibility or will be disqualified. Considering using the new stone shoes to keep players from moving but players cannot auto defend.
5 different heats of monsters to be announced at the event :)

11:30

Bunny Hop
Ongoing thorn drop in either Moonglow or Britain fields. Gates available since Luna doesn't have a field to use. Goal is to have 1k thorns to drop consistently and let players bob away.

12:00

Level 7 Thunts (6) roll lotto for 2 looters each round
Two players selected to loot each time and partied with thunter. They can loot as fast or slow as they want, all spoils go to them while the rest hunt down the monsters and loot their corpses. Up to 6 rounds allow for up to 12 players to loot.

Capture the Flag Fel Event
Event details are in the works to be announced later *evil grin*

12:30

Announce Flower Contest Winners
Main podium with gate for all to tour entries if they like

Cow Tipping

Archery Contest
GM archery round first
Best of 3 rounds
pre GM archery round so anyone can plink at it
Best of 5

Fishing Contest (all on one boat deep sea fishing)
20 (-30?) minutes to fish up your biggest catch

1:00

Ferret/Squirrel/Chicken Races Stealthers Event
Hide n run with one of the above pets following you. If you come out of stealth you have to take 3 steps back and stealth again.

Horse Race
Any player can line up and go for the gold. Kentucky Derby Style, short run = lots of cash. 1M purse to the winner.

1000 Net Toss
Hosted off docks of Bucs Den like festivals of old. Expect White Nets towards the end and cross fingers this time for no Scalis, hehe.

1:30 Closing Ceremonies
Fireworks

F

Fraggles

Do you have a mailbox somewhere that i can drop some nets/thorns in? im not on much these days so hard to meet up with you but if you have a mailbox i can drop them in it

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We definitely do not need thorns now. Got a 1k contribution today.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow you guys are amazing, thank you!

Fraggles, I'll set the mailbox at the community house in Skara Brae behind the community center to accept them. Easy to find, thank you again :)

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you want white nets? or just the green ones? Also, what other kind of help would you like? thanks for organizing this, sounds fun.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for replying Pink :)

In years past, many guilds or individuals stepped up and took on one of the events to host. We supply the event prizes but keep in mind the festival is more for fun than gold. If all someone wants to do is help plant thorns for the bunny hop, every little bit helps.

For instance Dream Catcher approached me in game with an event idea to add to the itinerary while others might be skilled in taming and would volunteer their time to tame or bring some beetles for the fairground stables.

Ahead of time we could use Festival Runebooks made once each event location is decided. We will also need enough books of the Festival Program copied and sealed for everyone attending. A table set up with packies and a welcome committee is needed at the South Gate to provide gates and information just as you would at a State Fair.

I'll upload some pictures tonight of some past events to give an idea since it's been awhile.

I plan to be at the community meet up this monday August 1st at 7:30cst. I'm sure Sabina will give me a few minutes to go over event ideas.

Please feel free to email me if you would like to be added as an event host.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quick update too:

The date for the festival will be Saturday, August 27th to give enough organizational time.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had a nice preliminary meeting tonight for festival plans! Thank you Sabina for giving us extra time at the community meet up for this :)

Our needs ahead of the festival:

red leaves to seal festival books
green gargoyle style books from Scribe (100-200)
nets are being donated daily, up to around 200 already!
we have 1k thorns now thanks to Tia!

Attachments

F

Fraggles

I put the thorns and nets in Tia's mailbox of her luna house :O

D

DreamCatcher of LS

Alas, I will not be attending due to unforseen circumstances.

I am being kidnapped, thrown in a aluminum tube, thrown a paddle and lifejacket and dumped in a nearby creek to fend for myself.

With no flushing toilets. Fail....

Status
Not open for further replies.