• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre patched Animals?

Gunsmoke

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just coming back from a long break and alot has changed!!

ive been noticing alot of ppl selling Pre patched animals, now what does that mean and how can you find out if one has a prepatched animal?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nightmares: these will be 2 slots and strength over 400

Dragons and WWs: These will be 3 slots with 400+ strength.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Bane Dragons are very highly sought also, and they are all old PP..just to add one more.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive been noticing alot of ppl selling Pre patched animals, now what does that mean and how can you find out if one has a prepatched animal?
Prepatch animals were spawned before patch 97. Patch 97 changed how these creatures spawned due to the way intensity is calculated.

Please note these are all untrained stats.

To be a legacy/pre-patch nightmare it has all of the following:
  • two control slots
  • 296-315 hit points, the hit points will vary depending on the period of which it was tamed.
  • 496-525 hit points, the str will vary depending on the period of which it was tamed.

To be a legacy/pre-patch white wyrm it has all of the following:
  • three control slots
  • 721-760 Strength

To be a legacy/pre-patch dragon it is:
  • three control slots (all new dragons spawn at 4 control slots) (hit points range from 478-495)

To be a legacy/pre-patch bake kitsune (the forgotten prepatch pet) it is:
  • 2 control slots (all new bake are 3 control slot)

Dreadmares and Bane Dragons could be considered pre-patch because their control slots would be different if they spawned again, but since Broadsword has no plans of ever having them spawn again they are just no longer spawning rare pets.

Please note: There are unsavory people on Atlantic trying to take advantage of people's lack of knowledge selling fully trained exploited pets as pre-patch. These are being corrected and will be ruined once the correction takes place. If a trained "prepatch" has over 900 hit points, or has 30 stam regen, or just what looks like it could be too good to be true, it probably is exploited. If anyone would like myself to check out a trained prepatch, can just send a pm and i can tell you if it's legit.

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prepatch animals were spawned before patch 97. Patch 97 changed how these creatures spawned due to the way intensity is calculated.

Please note these are all untrained stats.

To be a legacy/pre-patch nightmare it has all of the following:
  • two control slots
  • 296-315 hit points, the hit points will vary depending on the period of which it was tamed.
  • 496-525 hit points, the str will vary depending on the period of which it was tamed.

To be a legacy/pre-patch white wyrm it has all of the following:
  • three control slots
  • 721-760 Strength

To be a legacy/pre-patch dragon it is:
  • three control slots (all new dragons spawn at 4 control slots) (hit points range from 478-495)

To be a legacy/pre-patch bake kitsune (the forgotten prepatch pet) it is:
  • 2 control slots (all new bake are 3 control slot)

Dreadmares and Bane Dragons could be considered pre-patch because their control slots would be different if they spawned again, but since Broadsword has no plans of ever having them spawn again they are just no longer spawning rare pets.

Please note: There are unsavory people on Atlantic trying to take advantage of people's lack of knowledge selling fully trained exploited pets as pre-patch. These are being corrected and will be ruined once the correction takes place. If a trained "prepatch" has over 900 hit points, or has 30 stam regen, or just what looks like it could be too good to be true, it probably is exploited. If anyone would like myself to check out a trained prepatch, can just send a pm and i can tell you if it's legit.
Very nice write up

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
THERE MANY EXPLOITED PETS THAT THEY BROUGHT DOWN TO 2 SLOT. DEVS SAY THEY WILL FIX. you are taking chance if u buy them

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THERE MANY EXPLOITED PETS THAT THEY BROUGHT DOWN TO 2 SLOT. DEVS SAY THEY WILL FIX. you are taking chance if u buy them
Anyone who has seen pets for the last year can tell which is which. GO TO THE TAMING FORUM IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
that hits sooooooooooo close to home its not even funny.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I play on multi shards but even today i saw a greater dragon, 1800 hit points, and 9 x 120 scrolls. Kinda sucks that they havent swung the nerf bat on these pets. Do I hate tamers? no I've been a tamer since i began playing the game in Aug of 1997. using an exploit is still an cheat. Sad that when things like this are reported in game, you never get a GM response and nothing is done. This is how the game runs nowdays though. even saw a 8 man macro run team at a EM event. all the toons were named the same but 1 letter, EM knew it and did nothing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I play on multi shards but even today i saw a greater dragon, 1800 hit points, and 9 x 120 scrolls. Kinda sucks that they havent swung the nerf bat on these pets. Do I hate tamers? no I've been a tamer since i began playing the game in Aug of 1997. using an exploit is still an cheat. Sad that when things like this are reported in game, you never get a GM response and nothing is done. This is how the game runs nowdays though. even saw a 8 man macro run team at a EM event. all the toons were named the same but 1 letter, EM knew it and did nothing.
picture or it didn't happen.