• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre patch WWs - worth paying up for one?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
can someone explain/confirm why pp we are so good? It’s the next item on my wish list and I might use it for roof.

I understand that the STR being over 700 with 3 slots is awesome Makes them very high intensity and hit harder overall because of higher base damage.

they don’t have wasted abilities once you over write Magery with chiv

I’ve read that the PP WW use abilities better too.(more aggressively). As in they spam AI. Is this true of all pp ww or just super rare old/ancient ones?

Are they generally the highest dps pet when built with chiv/AI?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My guess is that it depends on what you want to fight with it, and it does 50/50 cold damage. Usually a CHIV/AI spec, non-rideable. Price is usually 80-150 M depending of stats / overcap STR / intensity overall.
There may be other choices, like Triton with Overcaps including Wres over 115-120-129, that includes healing, and speced to just about any spec if done correctly, for much lower price, also non-rideable.
Then with a PP pet like this, you will probably want to scroll so there goes another 100-200 M easy. So overall not too sure about price/performance ratio, esp if you are not too rich in UO. If you got 50 Plats then its a different story, whats the big deal about blowing 250M just for kicks..Mine sits in the stable, and I think Str is 740-750. Dont have too many scrolls to blow away at it, so it is in hibernation for now. :cool:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you do buy a prepatch white wyrm please don’t fall for the “it’s a gold eater, so it’s even more rare” stuff. The current spawning white wyrms eat gold too. The rare ones are the prepatch ones that don’t eat gold. I have 4 prepatch white wyrms and 2 eat gold and 2 don’t. My Luna white, current spawning one, eats gold. That is how I know.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I switched magic from magery to chivalry and only added armor ignore. Only trained one. That does appear to use armor ignore a lot

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Do any of them seem to be more aggressive and efficient with armor ignore. ?
I've heard that some of the more ancient ones are very aggressive with their AI. But very few of those exist so I have no direct experience with those. However, I will say that mine does spam AI a lot. More so than my other Chiv/AI pets. However I have never done extensive testing on this, it's just what it looks like to me. But beyond the over capped STR, the cold damage is the next best attribute. Most monsters do not have high cold damage resistance. As a result the non AI hits will hit harder as well resulting in a lot more damage/sec on most monsters. If your a mage tamer and you bless your pets on top of the already over capped STR I usually get mine in the mid 800's for STR while blessed, as long as I remember to keep it up, this will do some serious damage.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Does everyone put 120 scrolls on their PP wryms?

the 100mill for the pet is ok, but I don’t want to drop another 500m to fully 120 scroll it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only scrolls i'd really consider "mandatory" for most pets, is a 120 Wrest and 120 Chiv PS. Most other PS (asides from 120 Disco/120 Healing) only have a very minor benefit for their exorbitant cost.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will only put 120s on any pre-patch or high end pets. Right now to me; this is white wyrms, bane dragons, and any pet that's 95%+ on the calculator that I would use often. I haven't trained any of my nightmares, so I didn't list them.

A chiv/AI white wyrm is going to be the best single target damage dealer you will likely ever have as a pet. I think it's worth going all out and scrolling it up for maximum potential. If you don't have a 120 now, you can always just save the points until you do.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will only put 120s on any pre-patch or high end pets. Right now to me; this is white wyrms, bane dragons, and any pet that's 95%+ on the calculator that I would use often. I haven't trained any of my nightmares, so I didn't list them.

A chiv/AI white wyrm is going to be the best single target damage dealer you will likely ever have as a pet. I think it's worth going all out and scrolling it up for maximum potential. If you don't have a 120 now, you can always just save the points until you do.
Pretty much. For me, the only pets i'd really consider FULLY 120 PSing is my high end Chiv+AI Triton (129.4 Wrest/189.7 Resist) and Chiv+AI PP WW. All my other pets settle for a 120 Wrest+120 Magical (120 Chiv/120 Disco/120 Bush/120 Ninjitsu) and 120 Healing (if they have Healing skill). All of my pets have enough TP left to fully 120 though, just in case i end up getting a horde of 120 PS.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
When looking at buying one, is it more important to find over cap STR vs overall intensity?

ive seen one with 754 Str at 81% intensity for 290mill

but also saw a 760 str; 62% intensity one sell for 320mill

In this case, does the bit of extra STR make that much of a difference ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When looking at buying one, is it more important to find over cap STR vs overall intensity?

ive seen one with 754 Str at 81% intensity for 290mill

but also saw a 760 str; 62% intensity one sell for 320mill

In this case, does the bit of extra STR make that much of a difference ?
Intensity does not tell you what pet is best when the pet can have over capped resists. I would not prefer 90 cold resist.
Also, I would rather find a bane with the lowest HP possible with high str.

Intensity value works for most pets but you need to understand how it is calculated and what the weights are.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Good point on overcap resist. I like 80 cold so I’ll use that value as a cut off. I use the UO-can calculator a lot, so putting a threshold on resist makes sense.

Does the 10-15 str difference between 745-760 make much of a difference in the end ?

I don’t have anything to try to test with on TC

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are going to buy one, buy the 760. They all have enough points for building.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Do they ever go above 760 really??? i heard sometimes they can be overcapped, but perhaps those are super rare

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I went out to get a current one with plans to train it cheap and test it side by side with a PP WW

This makes me both sad and happy. Wish current ones didn't turn out so weak compared to PPs. This is as good as a test as i'll get:

1604456176065.png

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I finished training my new PP WW to 120 chiv and he is rather nice. Armor ignores go up to 260-280. Ive seen him do over 330 with empower.

A really nice side effect of using a WW for belfry is that they get pushed off the ledge less often. I noticed that my cold drakes would walk toward the dragon and fight getting pushed off until they finally do dragon breath. That animation makes them stop walking and the belfry dragon pushing it off the ledge. WWs dont have dragon breath and can go a much longer while before getting push off the ledge.

They are top notch for belfry. One 100% cold platinum drake and one PP WW finishes belfry in under 4 minutes.