• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre Patch question

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I came back in 09 got ride of alot of the pets becasue they where not wroth keeping back then. Just kept my 2 mares and my WW and black horse

kn999

Visitor
When I came back in 09 got ride of alot of the pets becasue they where not wroth keeping back then. Just kept my 2 mares and my WW and black horse
Oh that sucks because they are apparently worth a ton now. From what someone has been saying there are only 6 pre patch WW's on Atlantic I guess. Well 7 now

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh that sucks because they are apparently worth a ton now. From what someone has been saying there are only 6 pre patch WW's on Atlantic I guess. Well 7 now
Depends on the pet. Most "Pre-Patch" terms apply to before Pub 97 (Pet Revamp). Not to mention, some pets have several generations of pre-patches.
WWs have 4 generations. 3 of them are pre-patch (Pre-Pub 97).
Nightmares have 3 generations, however only two of them are easily identifiable.
Bake Kitsunes have 2 generations.
Imps have 2 generations.
Cu Sidhes have 2 (the most recent is more powerful).
Other pet species have "Pre-Patch" variations as well.

There are only 6 confirmed Gen 1 WWs in existence in UO atm. Still have to meet with you to see if yours is a Gen 1, and confirm it if so. Me or Khaelor can confirm if it's a Gen 1 and add it to the "Confirmed" list, since both me and him own a Gen 1, so we know exactly what we're looking for. Prior to me and Khaelor talking about them, most people didn't even know Gen 1s existed.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far, the confirmed Gen 1 "Ancient" WWs still in existence are...

1. My "Hades", on Napa Valley.
2. Khaelor's "Ralph", on Chesapeake.
3. Eggy's "Luna", on Oceania.
4. ShinyTrinket's "CSky", on Atlantic (originally from Pacific).
5. ShinyTrinket's "SilverSky", on Atlantic (originally from Pacific).
6. ShinyTrinket's "GreySky", on Atlantic (originally from Pacific). This one is truly exceptional, with 807 STR (overcap even for a WW).
Yes, one person owns three of them, half of the confirmed ones in existence so far, lol.

I'm aware of 2 other possible Gen 1s, not yet confirmed though. Azrael claims to have one, as does kn999.

kn999

Visitor
Depends on the pet. Most "Pre-Patch" terms apply to before Pub 97 (Pet Revamp). Not to mention, some pets have several generations of pre-patches.
WWs have 4 generations. 3 of them are pre-patch (Pre-Pub 97).
Nightmares have 3 generations, however only two of them are easily identifiable.
Bake Kitsunes have 2 generations.
Imps have 2 generations.
Cu Sidhes have 2 (the most recent is more powerful).
Other pet species have "Pre-Patch" variations as well.

There are only 6 confirmed Gen 1 WWs in existence in UO atm. Still have to meet with you to see if yours is a Gen 1, and confirm it if so. Me or Khaelor can confirm if it's a Gen 1 and add it to the "Confirmed" list, since both me and him own a Gen 1, so we know exactly what we're looking for. Prior to me and Khaelor talking about them, most people didn't even know Gen 1s existed.
I can meet you anytime it's not like it would take long and I'm disabled now which is why I'm back but prices are nuts now and I have to sell something. I managed to place a marble 2 story the day I started. I have some rares like fel moonstone and a full set of coal armor. Oh and these are pre 16 I think.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can meet you anytime it's not like it would take long and I'm disabled now which is why I'm back but prices are nuts now and I have to sell something. I managed to place a marble 2 story the day I started. I have some rares like fel moonstone and a full set of coal armor. Oh and these are pre 16 I think.
I suggest posting what you have before selling. Many things will likely be worth more as cleanup points (trash) than selling them. But you don't want to lowball yourself by assuming something is worth less than it really is. If it were me, I'd get a list together and ask for a price check in the trade forum.

kn999

Visitor
I suggest posting what you have before selling. Many things will likely be worth more as cleanup points (trash) than selling them. But you don't want to lowball yourself by assuming something is worth less than it really is. If it were me, I'd get a list together and ask for a price check in the trade forum.
I already have some of it posted but honestly I think my stuff is older then most people who's playing the game. I haven't found anyone that knows what coal armor is so I won't be selling it. I can't find another fel moonstone anywhere either.

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They where unless then. No pet training and everyone was useing Cu's and Greater dragons. I kept two pp mares and one ppww Gen 2. Yes there are more but its nice one.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I already have some of it posted but honestly I think my stuff is older then most people who's playing the game. I haven't found anyone that knows what coal armor is so I won't be selling it. I can't find another fel moonstone anywhere either.
I haven't been playing since day one, but I do know where Coal Armor came from....when negative Karma players got Coal as a Christmas gift they were able to smelt it and make coal ingots. Coal Armor is VERY rare so hold on to that until you find a reputable person to sell it to, or keep it.

Fel Moonstones are not common, but are not rare either. I have one of each.

1609296585225.png

Just taking up space lol, not quite sure how to display them!

My pets, while not from before 2000, a few are still original from when I tamed them back in 2006 when I first started playing. I don't know if they are worth anything, but I tend to look at my pets as.....well..pets lol and don't really care about stats and stuff.

My Mare and my WW are both from 2006 but even if they were worth something I wouldn't sell them.

kn999

Visitor
I haven't been playing since day one, but I do know where Coal Armor came from....when negative Karma players got Coal as a Christmas gift they were able to smelt it and make coal ingots. Coal Armor is VERY rare so hold on to that until you find a reputable person to sell it to, or keep it.

Fel Moonstones are not common, but are not rare either. I have one of each.

View attachment 114971

Just taking up space lol, not quite sure how to display them!

My pets, while not from before 2000, a few are still original from when I tamed them back in 2006 when I first started playing. I don't know if they are worth anything, but I tend to look at my pets as.....well..pets lol and don't really care about stats and stuff.

My Mare and my WW are both from 2006 but even if they were worth something I wouldn't sell them.
I only been back in the game for 4 days with 50k which sure isn't much anymore. I guess I got lucky to place a house the first day. The last time I played the house decorating tool just came out. So I have to sell something. I did a search and no moonstones came up at all so I figure they can't be too common. I couldnt even find the in a web search. The things they call rare now I laugh at when I still have stuff before Tram was even here and when it came out we called trammies chickens. I was a red and a murder at the time when swords and lumber jack gave a big bonus.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With some items, you'll have better luck posting in the rare's forum. Coal armor would be one of those.