• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre patch pets

kn999

Visitor
Okay I was wondering what pre patched animals are selling for. I have a pre patched WW, Mare, jet black mare, and a dragon. Im not sure about the fire steed.

Here are some screenshots of the WW and the hue is 0 2020-12-29 (26).png

Attachments

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The more pricey ones are WW, mare and jet black mare, may sell for upwards of 50-200M depending on pet and stats. Regular dragons not so much at all. Before you sell any of them check on Stratics "Traders Hall", and find a thread with "Pet for Sale" click on that and will pull all threads with all pets sold and hopefully some prices. Worst thing you can do with these is sell them without knowing present day pricing, or even worse : Train them without any experience on training and what training does. Then their value is zeroed out pretty fast.
Also make sure the "pure black mare" is not a Dread War Horse renamed mare. Say the word "trick" when you are close to it, and if it has an explosion of smoke visual it is a Dread, worth close to 1 Billion uo gold = 1 Plat or so. Dreads have damage profile that is also different from regular mares. You can see stats of all these pets at uo-cah.com, lots of useful info on the game there too.
If you are really interested in selling you will need to use the cutting tool, and lore each one, and post ALL their lore pictues on the Traders Hall, and there ask for prices that could be offered i.e. PC = Price Check. You may also find byers there. Don't get ripped off, it is relatively easy to get ripped in game, esp. by folks pretending to be your friend.
Good luck and welcome on board.

kn999

Visitor
The more pricey ones are WW, mare and jet black mare, may sell for upwards of 50-200M depending on pet and stats. Regular dragons not so much at all. Before you sell any of them check on Stratics "Traders Hall", and find a thread with "Pet for Sale" click on that and will pull all threads with all pets sold and hopefully some prices. Worst thing you can do with these is sell them without knowing present day pricing, or even worse : Train them without any experience on training and what training does. Then their value is zeroed out pretty fast.
Also make sure the "pure black mare" is not a Dread War Horse renamed mare. Say the word "trick" when you are close to it, and if it has an explosion of smoke visual it is a Dread, worth close to 1 Billion uo gold = 1 Plat or so. Dreads have damage profile that is also different from regular mares. You can see stats of all these pets at uo-cah.com, lots of useful info on the game there too.
If you are really interested in selling you will need to use the cutting tool, and lore each one, and post ALL their lore pictues on the Traders Hall, and there ask for prices that could be offered i.e. PC = Price Check. You may also find byers there. Don't get ripped off, it is relatively easy to get ripped in game, esp. by folks pretending to be your friend.
Good luck and welcome on board.
The only thing I found out so far is it eats ribs and roars when told to attack. The person that menitioned that says there are only 2 left on the shard and this one would make the 3rd

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont think there is a big price difference in the gens. 1st gen diffent sound and AI is diffent. 2nd generation won't eat gold and diffent sound. 3rd eats gold and sound is same as 2nd gen. In the eyes of someone who will train there all the same. Maybe the 1st gen will get more gold from a collector but can't say myself

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The only thing I found out so far is it eats ribs and roars when told to attack. The person that menitioned that says there are only 2 left on the shard and this one would make the 3rd
I suspect he meant that there are only 2 left IN THE GAME i.e. in all shards. That makes them utterly rare. Also likely extremely highly prized for collectors that have lots of plats=billions to spend for such things..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I suspect he meant that there are only 2 left IN THE GAME i.e. in all shards. That makes them utterly rare. Also likely extremely highly prized for collectors that have lots of plats=billions to spend for such things..
Nah, PlayerSkillFTW has been saying there are 6 confirmed in game across all shards currently. I doubt that number will stay that low for a long time though, especially with all the older vets returning lately (for some reason). Gotta remember for a long time there the WW/Mare combo was the must have deal. That said I would not expect it to raise to the number of the Blaze Cus out there.

kn999

Visitor
Okay I was wondering what pre patched animals are selling for. I have a pre patched WW, Mare, jet black mare, and a dragon. Im not sure about the fire steed.
This is what I believe is a jet black mare but im not sure because 1 is darker then the other. I can't see good enough to see but I think 1 is the long mane. Hue is 0

Attachments

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's very difficult (if not impossible) to tell the hue of some pets in EC. CC you can always tell the hue by looking at it.

There are 4 styles of pre-patch Nightmares.
1. Non-Pure Short Mane (Mohawk) Mares.
2. Non-Pure Long Mane Mares.
3. Pure Short Mane (Mohawk) Mares.
4. Pure Long Mane Mares. These look identical to Dread Warhorses in appearance. Once upon a time, when Pure Mares stopped spawning for several years, these were worth several mill, back when a Mill was a lot. I still have one of these original Pure Long Manes that spawned in Terathan Keep pre-Tram.

With the Pet Revamp of Pub 97, they introduced a few more Nightmare hues (most notable the "Void" mare color), but they're not as powerful as the pre-patches.

kn999

Visitor
It's very difficult (if not impossible) to tell the hue of some pets in EC. CC you can always tell the hue by looking at it.

4. Pure Long Mane Mares. These look identical to Dread Warhorses in appearance. Once upon a time, when Pure Mares stopped spawning for several years, these were worth several mill, back when a Mill was a lot. I still have one of these original Pure Long Manes that spawned in Terathan Keep pre-Tram.

With the Pet Revamp of Pub 97, they introduced a few more Nightmare hues (most notable the "Void" mare color), but they're not as powerful as the pre-patches.
It sounds like you been on here almost as long as I have unless you played the beta also. Honestly I was just needing someone to try and see which mares they are because I have cateracs now that I'm 50 and they all just look black. I know the WW is an untrained pre patch that eats ribs and roars because I never played with all the training **** they have now. The mares and dragon are the same age as the WW but I really have no clue about the fire steed or even where I tamed it at. I do know other then looking cool they suck. From what I can see I have a pre patch long mane nightmare but the other one has a little grey. You wouldn't happen to remember the red Bruce Lee and the boob brothers? 2020-12-29 (26).png

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It sounds like you been on here almost as long as I have unless you played the beta also. Honestly I was just needing someone to try and see which mares they are because I have cateracs now that I'm 50 and they all just look black. I know the WW is an untrained pre patch that eats ribs and roars because I never played with all the training **** they have now. The mares and dragon are the same age as the WW but I really have no clue about the fire steed or even where I tamed it at. I do know other then looking cool they suck. From what I can see I have a pre patch long mane nightmare but the other one has a little grey. You wouldn't happen to remember the red Bruce Lee and the boob brothers? View attachment 114964
Yeah, i played during Beta. After Beta, i played on Napa Valley for over a decade and a half. Been playing on Atlantic for about 6 years now.
The reds i remember from back in the day, were Oscar the Grouch, Rob the Ninja, Morpheus, Ronald McDonald, Lestat, Sicarius, Scotia, and a few others.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Actually you are incorrect on a couple of points.

Color Charts: Nightmares | uo-cah.com

That link lists all the nightmares available so you can see the difference.

The original nightmares used the 4 different horse spites with a hue 1109 overlay on them.

horses.PNG

During a patch they created a sprite model for each of the nightmares instead of applying the hue overlay. Nightmares prior to that patch are doublehued in enhanced client, having a hue (1109) applied to the nightmare model. They are extremely rare, I've personally seen less than 20 of them (and 7 of those are mine from back in the day)

Also you are able to pull model id's in the enhanced client, though I believe it requires a script command. We have it in our EC client mods.

"Pure Nightmares" (the long mane dark) and Dread Warhorses while identical in the spite model (bay horse model) are different hues in both cc and enhanced clients.

kn999

Visitor
That is way above my rank but wish I could get a chart like that on mine. But scripting is far out of my league Because I learned computers on Pentium processors and dial up but I do think these are the rare ones your talking about nut I just can't see the manes