• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-patch Pets List

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I searched and was unable to find a list or general idea of what pets are considered pre-patch and which ones are really keepers. When I say pre-patch, I mean prior to publish 97.

Bane Dragons - can't get anymore
Dreadmares - can't get anymore
Nightmares - pre-patch are 2 slot
White Wyrms - pre-patch have 700+ strength

What am I missing? Are there any other pets that are desirable for being over cap or lower slots?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know old pre patch mares are max stats mine is from around 2000 2001

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Khyro posted a list somewhere. Theres Bake Kitsune , and a dog and cat.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I searched and was unable to find a list or general idea of what pets are considered pre-patch and which ones are really keepers. When I say pre-patch, I mean prior to publish 97.

Bane Dragons - can't get anymore
Dreadmares - can't get anymore
Nightmares - pre-patch are 2 slot
White Wyrms - pre-patch have 700+ strength

What am I missing? Are there any other pets that are desirable for being over cap or lower slots?
Been working on a page about prepatch pets for our website, it's been sitting there 90% complete.

I do not consider bane dragons or dreadmare ss prepatch, they were just limited spawning creatures. However their intensity does say they should be a higher slot than what they are.

Other prepatch is the bake Kitsune. It now spawns as three slot, prepatch are two.

And dragons, if you managed to train them up to 4 slot before patch 99, if you didn't partially train it before patch 99 than it's only prepatch if you never train it as dragons can no longer be tamed at 3 slots.

Briefly old hellhounds/hellcats where, but they tweaked intensity with patch 98 and now they tame as one slot again.

Also the defining characteristic of the prepatch nightmare is not that it's two slot, it's that it's two slot with 500-525 str.

Similarly, not all 700 plus str white wyrms are prepatch, just the ones who have 724+ strength and that are three slot.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any other pets that are desirable for being over cap or lower slots?
The really old super imps, briefly available with all 60s-80's resists newly tamed, are 2 slots, instead of 3.
Not sure if this applies to all prepatch imps or just the limited edition.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The really old super imps, briefly available with all 60s-80's resists newly tamed, are 2 slots, instead of 3.
Not sure if this applies to all prepatch imps or just the limited edition.
Do you happen to own one of these imps that we could lore and screenshot?

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you happen to own one of these imps that we could lore and screenshot?
Yes. The character it's on is currently with a fully loaded pack and beetle.
I can copy it over to TC1 if you want to see it there.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Screenshots of the lore menus.

Super Imp - Screenshots.jpg

This is just "a imp" renamed.
Because of the damage%, it will only ever do 1pt of hand to hand damage.

Last edited:

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When was it tamed? We actually don't have any info on these guys, when they were available etc.
Best guess at the time period is in 2000 or possibly early 2001.
An update accidentally increased the armor resist on imps for maybe a week or two until a fix was applied.
This one was tamed at the hedge maze, either pre UO:Renaissance, or post UO:R in Felucca.