• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Pre-AOS Gear

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I need some help determining the value (or lack thereof) of some of my pre-AOS items. I just logged on today to my old shards and found that I have a few pieces.

1) Double Exceptional Weapons
--E.g., A Katana of Exceptional Quality, Exceptional

2) Double Exceptional Clothing
--E.g., A Cap of Exceptional Quality, Exceptional

3) Double Exceptional Armor
--E.g., Exceptional Spined Leather Tunic, Crafted By Mortimiss, Exceptional

4) Double Exceptional Footware
--E.g., Exceptional Barbed Sandals, Crafted By Lady Love, Exceptional

5) Ranger Armor
--E.g., Studded Sleeves, Ranger Armor

6) Magic Charged Items
--E.g., Gnarled Staff w/ 86 ID charges
--E.g., Chain Coif w/ 17 protection charges

I'm not much of a collector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need some help determining the value (or lack thereof) of some of my pre-AOS items. I just logged on today to my old shards and found that I have a few pieces.

1) Double Exceptional Weapons
--E.g., A Katana of Exceptional Quality, Exceptional

2) Double Exceptional Clothing
--E.g., A Cap of Exceptional Quality, Exceptional

3) Double Exceptional Armor
--E.g., Exceptional Spined Leather Tunic, Crafted By Mortimiss, Exceptional

4) Double Exceptional Footware
--E.g., Exceptional Barbed Sandals, Crafted By Lady Love, Exceptional

5) Ranger Armor
--E.g., Studded Sleeves, Ranger Armor

6) Magic Charged Items
--E.g., Gnarled Staff w/ 86 ID charges
--E.g., Chain Coif w/ 17 protection charges

I'm not much of a collector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#1 and #2 are probably worth 100k to 200k each.

#3 and #4 might be worth 10k or so to the right buyer, perhaps more, but there's really a lot of that "double exceptional" leather armor ("Exceptional whatever"), compared to the much less common "A whatever of Exceptional Quality".

#5, Ranger Armor, is still pretty cheap, maybe 75k to 100k for a whole set, although I haven't paid much attention to its prices for a while.

#6 might be worth 5k or 10k each, EXCEPT for Invisibility stuff, which I think often is priced by the charge now, but I don't know for how much. Protection charges might be desirable too, but again, I'm not sure.

I hope someone can confirm or correct these estimates, but maybe this will give you a general idea.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks very much for your expertise. I'm lost when it comes to stuff like this. o_O

N

Nikodemus

I have some similar items that i would like to get a price check on
Don t think i need to make another thread for these so i hijack your thread If u dont mind .

1 A heather shield of exeptional quality
Exeptional
A hatchet same as the shield (same as his so 100-200k then ?)

2 Bones (Container)

3 Executioners axe (red Blade)

4 A tattered adeptly drawn T map
Ilshenar (is this item even legit?)

5 Mug of ale (green)

6 a bottle of 9th Anni wine

7 a bottle of wine (it s purple or blue might be sigil dyed but looks a bit dark)

8 a mask of orcish kin

Thx u for letting me borrow your thread

B

Brucie Kibbutz

Don t think i need to make another thread for these so i hijack your thread If u dont mind .

Exeptional

2 Bones (Container)

5 Mug of ale (green)

7 a bottle of wine (it s purple or blue might be sigil dyed but looks a bit dark)

8 a mask of orcish kin

Mask of orcish skin still attainable, the ilshenar maps are cool, I haven't seen one in such a long time, I would be curious on the value as well.

When Ilshenar came out, if you found a treasure map there it was marked as being in Ilshenar (not Trammel or Felucca), so they made them that whatever facet you were on, it would decode to that facet, then they stopped spawning them as well and just made them all Trammel maps. It's legit, and I would suspect rather rare, as I said, I personally haven't seen one in quite a while and even though they were once very common, I don't think many people kept them or didn't decode them.

Bone contains are also possibly still attainable? Someone tossed 5 on the ground the other day in Luna bank, if they aren't spawning, they aren't worth much.

The mug still isn't much...50k? Someone again, tossed a bunch of those the other day. The wine, depends, post a picture of it. There's a pink wine which is very common then there is a very nice purple shade of wine which I believe is rather rare and is a very old holiday reward (like 2nd year)

N

Nikodemus

Thx u for answer
What u say about the ilish map sounds right i found that map on my old acc that i canceled in 00 or 01 and i did hunt ogre lords in mislas if i remeber right

About the bone container again This one only say bones i know u can get those unknown bard skeleton etc from antlions
What puzzles me even more is that i think i took this container from that same 00-01 acc and at that time there was no antlions
But then again u are probably correct and i might have picked it up at some other "Free play" or somthing

About that wine bottle it just says "a bottle of wine" and it is dark purple i try to get a pic up if u think it is nessecery

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Exeptional

2 Bones (Container)

5 Mug of ale (green)

8 a mask of orcish kin

Hi, here are my thoughts:

#1: Yes, I'd still say 100k to 200k each.

#2: Pretty common still--maybe about 20k?

#3: Was about 100k a couple years ago, but I think the Tokuno dyes can produce that same color or something close now, so I don't know if that has changed the value.

#4: Very cool! I think Brucie Kibbutz is right about the origin, but I DON'T think they were very common because they didn't spawn very long. Probably worth 3 to 5 million. Very collectible, and kind of hard to find one for sale now, even on the Rares forum.

#5: From an old St. Patrick's Day spawning event, and I think they are still worth about 200k.

#6: Probably worth 50k to 100k. I saw one yesterday on a vendor for 90k.

#7: Sounds like an old Valentine's Day champagne--OH!
No, it's wine, you say? I think its old mis-colored wine from Atlantic(?) if it really is WINE and is more like blue than purple. I have one sitting in my house on Great Lakes (see my signature picture) in a tub on my balcony, if you want to compare. It was selling for 2 million a couple years ago, but I don't know how the price may have changed since then.

#8: I don't know much about these, so I'll defer to Brucie on this one.

N

Nikodemus

I did went by your house today lovly place u got and a wery nice collection
Yes my wine bottle is identical with yours so guess it has the same origin then
I did some testing to see if one can produce a bottle like this i only had these new dyes to try with but those did not work
also if my memory do not fade me u could not dye evryday things with slime dye and tokono dyes
so thats good

Another thing i so stole your idea with those bone containers (putting them availible for all and make them look like player corpse)
A pitty i could not engrave them i would have wanted my enemys ded on my lawn this halloween

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did went by your house today lovly place u got and a wery nice collection
Yes my wine bottle is identical with yours so guess it has the same origin then
I did some testing to see if one can produce a bottle like this i only had these new dyes to try with but those did not work
also if my memory do not fade me u could not dye evryday things with slime dye and tokono dyes
so thats good

Another thing i so stole your idea with those bone containers (putting them availible for all and make them look like player corpse)
A pitty i could not engrave them i would have wanted my enemys ded on my lawn this halloween
Thanks for the compliments! :) I like your idea about having fake corpses of your enemies to decorate your lawn for Halloween! :D