• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre 97 cu's Dont start that training if yours is 4/5

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Greetings, a few weeks back some players posted that on test the slot jumping fix also kepted pre pub 97 cu's from jumping to 3 slot... It was not fixed before it went live.. anyone that comes back to the game please don't start the new taming system on these Cu's just hold on to them... as once you start it ,its like the banes that started it pre pub 98 and might be locked as 4 slot ... . Im sure when they make a fix for this in the future it will target those without the bar... I could be wrong on this matter. but math wise.. your odds of it being fixed are far better if you don't enter it into the new taming system until this is corrected...I don't know if this would work with one with a bar... but we released one that had not started the new system.. and retamed it.. and it dropped to 3 slot... if anyone has one that has a bar and Is still 4 slot.. could ya try this and see if it lowers it.. and let us know.. ty.. =^-^=( Just a fast recap.. if you are a returning player with a pre pub 97 cu.. don't hit the lore taming button to start the system.. either hold on to it.. or release and retam it to lower it to 3 slot and rebond it..)

Last edited:

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have 2 pre 97 cu sidhe. Both are showing 4/5 on the lore and 4 followers. I have NOT started the training. I was going to try the release and retame thing but was talked out doing that by some friends. I can wait for a more real fix. And if one never shows, well they'll just stay in the stable, which was what I was going to do with my 2 follower mares (read 2/5, pre pub 97 mares), but now, if I wanted to, I could work those up now. So I'll wait with my 2 4 slot cu sidhe.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 2 pre 97 cu sidhe. Both are showing 4/5 on the lore and 4 followers. I have NOT started the training. I was going to try the release and retame thing but was talked out doing that by some friends. I can wait for a more real fix. And if one never shows, well they'll just stay in the stable, which was what I was going to do with my 2 follower mares (read 2/5, pre pub 97 mares), but now, if I wanted to, I could work those up now. So I'll wait with my 2 4 slot cu sidhe.
I can confirm. Retame works

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am reluctant to re-tame because mine are already skill-trained, and that slashes skills in half. It would be nice if there was an actual fix. :-/

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am reluctant to re-tame because mine are already skill-trained, and that slashes skills in half. It would be nice if there was an actual fix. :-/
Are you sure that still applies? It might have been removed as part of the exploit fix.

Devilfish

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Returning player of Napa. My prepatched Cu is all GMed. Last night I started the training and was at 47%, and my buddy mentions about the 4th slot jump bug. Looked down at my character and sadly mine jumped to 4th slot too without completing my first set on training. At this point the Cu is considered useless too me, so I took a chance and released and tamed it again. It did drop back down to 3 slot, and this morning I continued with the training to 94% (taking a chance - not bonded) and still maintained 3 slot. Drawback is from 100% skill, it dropped to 69.9 across the board. I will keep you guys informed in anything changes. BTW, I also trained my Dreadhorse through the first wave, but do not see a jump bug on that.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That's great to hear.. and fear not all this is in no way an exploit.. all it does it when you release it.. and retam it.. it basicly forces it to proc the current set standard for that pet... and the current set slot for the cu's is 3.. seems as long as you have not invested points and have started the new system and retam it might slap it back to its forced starting slot for pub 98.. if anyone has any banes/dreads that started the system pre 98 and have not invested any points into it.. I would like to meet you on test and see if we can force this to happen in them.. as it would mean new hope for dreads and banes that started the system.. just bare in mind if you try this on a bane make sure you have beat its HP down to 8% before you release and retam as it will not let your retam it unless its HP is about 8-12% ( and don't do it in a guard zone..WHACK).. so becareful.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Devilfish

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Alright...another bump in the road. So I completed the first training on my Cu. Gave it more Hp, Dex, MR, HPR, Armor Ignore, etc, etc....
Now it is 5/5, instead of 4/5!
I am going to try to release and retame it again at a later time in TC.
It's going to be load of fun, thanks to the armor ignore.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the heads up mate.. So far we have tested one that was released and retamed that didn't have the bar( It went back to 3 so we trained it).. it and went to 3 to 4 ..then 4 to 5... but I don't have one with a bar that drop to 3 to test.. so if anyone does.. let me know and we will meet on test and see if those jump to 5 from 3 even after retam and first round of training.. Just message me if you have one.. .. So we have confirmed the released retam works on those with no bar.... we just need abit more trail and error to get some stable math on the ones with a bar.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What is that bar you mention often Donovan? Might be a silly question, but we can't picture anything with that?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think they are talking about the training progress bar. The one that when it reaches 100% lets you add mods to your pet.

I went ahead I did the release retame thing on 2 of mine and it does reset the cu to 3 slots. I'm waiting for bonding now. I want them to bond before I do anything more. I do want to rebuild the skills a bit before I start the training.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Can some1 tell the devs that we cannot copy to TC1 again? Tried last days and could not copy. Thanks..

Devilfish

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ok, just went to TC1 and release/tame my cu again.
Everything went fine, the 5th slot drop back down to 4th, and the Begin training button appeared again.
So it should be fine. Going to try it on the live server.