• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powerscrolls

H

Hariss

I am guessing that there is a good benefit to raising music and peace from, say, 100 to 120. Does this just allow you to peace harder monsters?

Was the purpose of powerscrolls just to add more powerful monsters and add new variation to the game? It kind of reminds me of the guy who says his guitar amp is more powerful because it goes up to 11.

I am just trying to plan how to develop my bard.

P.S. I saw a bard calculator. Is there a Stratics page that details the math for music and peace and peacemakeing monsters?

Thanks

N

Nenime

Whether or not you need the skills above GM depends on how you want to play the game. Emphasizing that UO is a roleplaying game, Grandmaster level is surely sufficient. If needed, you can boost the success chances by using an exeptional or slayer instrument.

But some players are keen on what is generally called "high level content" which means basically "high risk vs. great rewards". For this, monsters with 160 Barding Difficulty were created to give a related content for 120 barding skills - but even then you have enough failures to deal with.

UO Playguide said:
Skill Bonuses: For every point above 100 that a Bard attains in their Musicianship skill, they will be granted a success bonus of 1% per point to Discordance, Targeted Peacemaking, and Provocation attempts.

For example: If you have a Musicianship skill of 110, your chance to provoke, discord, or peacemake a target will be increased by 10%.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I personally hate any kind of failures. So all of my barding skills will be 120 when finished.