• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powerscrolls - Not getting any 120s!

V

von Beck

I just reactivated my UO account a month or so ago after a 6 year break. Guess what, I want lots of powerscrolls to get my characters up to speed again!

But out of the last three (3) spawns I've done I got 18 scrolls (via Justice) and only three were 115's and none were 120's. Is this normal or is it just bad luck?

Thanks!

PS: Wish I'd been around before they buffed the champions, then I might have had a better chance to get the scrolls I need.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you just have to do more than three spawns. I know my guild did like 12 spawns in a row with no 20s. But then all of a sudden we started getting them and they were good ones.

Just gotta keep it up.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Was at a spawn with my thief not long back and popped the protectors pack after coon fell...guy had 3 120's in there and a couple 110's so they are obviously still spawning.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://guide.uo.com/skill_1002.html

Scroll type chance:
80% chance to get a 110 scroll
15% chance to get a 115 scroll
5% chance to get a 120 scroll

Odds of getting 0 120s out of 18 scrolls: 39.7%
conclusion: unfortunate, but not unusual
This is out of date, chance to get a 120 is higher now. They changed it a couple years ago. It is like 20% or something. The exact statistics are in a Five on Friday somewhere.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is out of date, chance to get a 120 is higher now. They changed it a couple years ago. It is like 20% or something. The exact statistics are in a Five on Friday somewhere.

Im not saying your def wrong here, but i suspect your misinformed. Ive been doing around 5 or 6 spawns a week for around 2 years now and ive only ever had 3 120's. Yes i mostly do rats, but 1 in 4 is a dragon. I never spawn with over 5 people and often only have myself attacking the champ with help from the others just healing my pet. It cant possibly be as high as 20%. Id say its even lower then 5%.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im not saying your def wrong here, but i suspect your misinformed. Ive been doing around 5 or 6 spawns a week for around 2 years now and ive only ever had 3 120's. Yes i mostly do rats, but 1 in 4 is a dragon. I never spawn with over 5 people and often only have myself attacking the champ with help from the others just healing my pet. It cant possibly be as high as 20%. Id say its even lower then 5%.
No 20% seems about right. 10 spawns today 6 120s... I have noticed certain people get less 120s when protecting than others. I have no idea if there character is bugged or whats happening. Maybe try another protector character.

M

Mechanic

Maybe the change was coming out in a publish that got pushed back and subsequently got lost.

S

Sir Stain

You are back from not playing for six years. Are you going to be disappointed?

A

Arch Magus

It would seem the more spawn you clear before dropping the boss, the more 120's you get....

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drop rate has definitely been bumped up, but there are "dry streaks" as well where nothing but 110's drop. Then you might hit a hot streak and get 3-4 in one drop. And as always, you rely on the RNG ...