• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powder of Fortifying - Why not abolish?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
POFs are growing in cost due to the nature of the beast Imbuing/Enhancing eats them up. I just see the BOD BOTs dusted off and the prices brought down is all.

There just needs to be a give and take that would balance the POFs removal or modification. Add new Mod that could be one the 5 on an item that allows an items Durability to be raised by 10 no matter what the items origin. This ten pump would be through some insane resourses used. This ten pump could be refreshed over time giving balance becuase that item would have one less mod for durability.

As a crafter the ideal of POF removal is appealing. One problem is my crafters depend on my hunters to gather what they need. So don't remove the POFs. Instead make it 50% chance any POF earned is a CPOF. The CPOF does the same as a POF but curses the item. A system like this is what can take the item dependancy from the game without getting rid of insurance. A slow weening proccess from the need of the latest greatest cookie cutter gimp suit. I would like to see the cursed item factor more in the game.

The introdution of the cursed artifacts was great ideal. Problem is the abundance of the non cursed ones out there. Most the cursed arty got burned at spring clean up. Even though, there are still cursed arty popping up on vendors and selling. Those who choose to use cursed items play smarter and take the Candy Land out of UO.

Speaking as an old gamer from the days of dice and not pixels. Nothing sucks the life out of a world if players are all running around as deity heros. Less godlike heros runnign around would make even the ancient wyrm the monster it was again, a threat. PreAoS took ages of play before even solo fighting a simple demon had some confort level.

UO sadly is like sex. No matter how good you get at solo PLAYING, bad PLAY with someone else seems better. UO has the ability to be greater then it ever was. We all pay to PLAY and would like to see some imagination and thought behind every dollar spent. Besides getting rid of those with the Strap-On scripts to make up for their lacking on how to PLAY.