• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powder of Fort on Rooftop artifacts?

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I know this isn't really crafting...but I'm a crafter and trust a crafters advice more.

I attempted to use powder of fortification on my cameo/ hawkwind robe etc. It says "you cannot use this on that item". So does this mean that the only thing you can do is repair the items until it eventually goes poof?

One person told me they self repair themselves....which I don't see the mod on them?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been mentioned before. They should have the "brittle" tag on them to show players you cannot POF them. Same goes for lots of the new artifacts. Very inconsistent.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, for the amount of gold they are going for...….I'm just fine selling them and getting the various other replacements that don't eat away at their value and eventually go poof.

I have not seen many differences in performance and hunting than I did before these items so not much of a trade off.

Thanks all!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't self repair themselves. Right now 1/3 of my roof items needs to be repaired. I recommend using repair deeds instead of just repairing them yourself for a better chance of not losing durability.
Is that really a thing? My 120 crater always loses one durability when repairing. I may have to start making scrolls if this is true.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The chance of losing 1 durability on repair is greater with a repair deed than with a direct repair - and the number gets higher the more it is down. and the chance of durability loss is NEVER zero, even if only 1 point down from max. There's always the chance.

Either way, once an item is about 40 below its max durability (be that max 255 or 55) the loss of durability is about 100%. The 100% number is at about 30 down for using deeds.