• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Potions to Weigh two stones?

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heard rumor that in upcoming changes, bottled potions will now weigh two stones instead of the current 1 stone. I heard it is only on test center right now.
Is this true?

I think there is a post on it in UHall but I would rather discuss it with alchemists from the alchemists' points of view. Not that I don't mind getting into it here and there on UHall, but too many points of view and arguments from different mindsets usually end up in unintelligible arguments.

If it is true...
How will this effect those that vendor their alchemy wares?
How will this effect making potions?
How will this effect those alchemists who are more the "mad bomber" fighting template?

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brief and to the point, thanks Chester.
I tend to lean with you on most of the points.

Vendoring - I will have to adjust how I sell my wares, right now I sell in packs of 100 bottles and commodity deeds of 500 bottles. Probably switch to packs of 50 bottles. Or perhaps 20 packs for ease of restocking. Or perhaps I should go back to making my potions in kegs.

Potion Making - ahh this could be a pain, but I guess only a minor annoyance that I can adjust to. I usually empty my pack except for a couple mortars and then put in 2100 ginseng and 300 bottles and use the make max option as I do other stuff in game like organize my loot chest, put up things on vendors, empty my roses of trinsic and reagent kitties and such. Guess I will have to play with this now and find the sweet spot.

Mad Bomber - another minor annoyance, I hate having to recall and restock. But I guess this is what I will have to do. I don't mind adjusting but the annoyance factor went up a bit here.

Any insight as to what this change is supposed to accomplish?
Is it to be logical? I suppose empty bottles should weigh less than full bottles, but there was always the argument that it is weightless magic liquid in those bottles, lol.
Is it some type of balancing for PvP or PvM? I think with those publish notes that is the focus but not sure how it will play out. Didn't think people relied that heavily on potions and it just means more restocks.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found that my potion sales have lessened because of this change.
Greater Heals and Greater Cures and Total Refreshments have remained steady but the other potions have dropped off significantly.
Has anyone else found this to be true as well?