• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potion of glorious fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,
The label of this item says it gives 50% bonus points of treasures of.... rewards. Considering you get 1 point per turnin, does it mean this items does nothing?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's an item that lets players make the decision on what they value more -- their time or their money.

Some people only have an hour to play a day, and they don't mind spending $2 on the potion to get a better yield for their time spent.
Some people have many hours to play and don't want to spend $2 on a potion.
Some people have many hours to play and want to be efficient as possible that whole time, and will still buy potions.

Many games include time saving cash shop items. Mythic tokens are a perfect example. You pay a price to save many hours of your time leveling a character. WoW has this same feature, and I'm sure other games do too. Companies realize some people value their time more than money.

If you couldn't get drops at all without using a potion, that would be predatory and unfair.
If you only did half damage without the potion, that would be predatory and unfair.

Giving you an increase for your time spent at the cost of a few bucks, that you are not being forced or required to spend in any way, is not predatory.

This is all my opinion anyways, and as the saying goes, everyone has opinions and...

Erskin

Visitor
I was under the impression that there was a hidden counter of "points" behind the scenes. As this point score increases, so do your chances of receiving a drop from the death of the next mob you tagged. Once you get a drop this point score resets.

I believe the potion affects the rate at which you gain these hidden points.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello all,
The label of this item says it gives 50% bonus points of treasures of.... rewards. Considering you get 1 point per turnin, does it mean this items does nothing?
Gives you 50% more DROPS, is what I believe it means.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's right, you get .5 more drops. You can't hoard a bunch of drops, drink the potion, and do the turn in. That was my plan when I read the description.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was under the impression that there was a hidden counter of "points" behind the scenes. As this point score increases, so do your chances of receiving a drop from the death of the next mob you tagged. Once you get a drop this point score resets.

I believe the potion affects the rate at which you gain these hidden points.
That's what I thought as well

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the potion is making your toon have higher luck. When I did the dungeons in the past I would get more drops when having 1200 luck from my statue.

But they are point based so you eventually get a drop, even if RNG hates you.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It increases the drops by far too much once you've used once you can never go back without feeling like you're get screwed in a veiled attempt to force pay to win

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1652210793353.png

Yes the description is odd..

Reward points; just like Doom points...accumulate as you kill things, this boosts the points earned per kill by 50%

I never use them but I have heard they work really well.

Thankfully they put in another way to get rewards because I have not stepped foot in Destard since day 3 and have almost 500 points.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just see it as: take the amount of drops you get in an hour in the Treasures of events and add 50% more to that.

So let’s say you got 10 drops an hour, you’d get around 15, give or take

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They've created a problem and they are selling the fix.

They are the conman that goes and pops your tires and then show up to give you the tow.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They've created a problem and they are selling the fix.

They are the conman that goes and pops your tires and then show up to give you the tow.
???
They set a drop rate for these events. They added a potion to increase drop rate for an hour. I don’t see how they created a problem here and sold a solution. They created an item to give people a little bump in drops.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
???
They set a drop rate for these events. They added a potion to increase drop rate for an hour. I don’t see how they created a problem here and sold a solution. They created an item to give people a little bump in drops.
Are you serious?

They set the drop rate.
And then they sell you a potion to get a better drop rate.

And you don't see the conflict there?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
???
It's not a little bump it's a ridiculously huge improvement that makes not using it feel useless once you've tried it...

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So if they set a higher drop rate and still had the potion for sale, would the drop rate be considered a problem still ?

At what point is it not a problem?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So if they set a higher drop rate and still had the potion for sale, would the drop rate be considered a problem still ?

It's the differential for me for a game mesanne swears is not pay to win ever a 20/1 improvement is too much

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

The potion will always be a problem.

They create the drop rate. They shouldn't SELL something to make the drop rate better. It's not fun gameplay. It's predatory. You already pay the same rate as newer MMOs to play this game. Now you're expected to pay more so you can not be in Destard as long? And that's if you even get drops during the RNG window of 1 whole hour.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You missed the times they did not have it in the store when a dungeon was active and we had to plead to get it in the store. This time they put it in the store at the beginning. But, posters complain about that....

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You missed the times they did not have it in the store when a dungeon was active and we had to plead to get it in the store. This time they put it in the store at the beginning. But, posters complain about that....
Uh. I never complained the first time and yes, I'm complaining the second time. Why would you even ask them to put it in the store? Why not ask them to fix the drop rate? It's not my fault you asked them for something dumb.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So the potion is the problem not the drop rate? This isn’t really making sense.

The “problem” appears to be that you just want more drops. I’d like more drops too, but I don’t see the rate as a problem. It’s the same as it was the previous events.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes the drop rate is the same as it was on day one...the difference is less mobs and no *piles*

Most have to actually work to get drops...like it should be, and not stand AFK scripting all day....unless you're on ATL....which seems to still have more mobs, higher population so that makes sense but still allows afk game play.

So the potion is as effective now as it was on day one...drop rate has not changed.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This isn't a proven fact but my thought on the potion is that it adds 50% "damage points" to your pool of points that gets you a drop (and resets). So if the guaranteed drop cap is 1000 damage points (I know this is very low but using for example only) and you do 100 damage to a monster without the potion; the potion would bump that "pool of points" from that single hit to 150 thus putting you closer to that drop cap of a guarantee drop.

I don't think it actually adds "hidden" luck because while I do think luck helps with drops I don't know why it wouldn't just temporarily show in your luck total in your stats bar.

Also, jury is still out on this but if luck were that much of a game changer then a 25 year vet wearing a max luck suit hunting in Fel should receive more drops than someone with zero luck hunting in Tram. I tested this during other events with my sampire and wearing a luck suit (total luck was 1200 to make the suit usable) and hitting a statue (1200 luck) while hunting in Fel (1000 luck) only netted me a handful more drops than playing in Tram with no luck suit/statue. On average I'd say maybe 5-7 more hour. So I do think luck helps but I don't think it's a game changer. If the lucky potion did actually give luck points, based on my testing, it would need to be like 20k luck to give such a significant bump in drops in that hour.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So the potion is the problem not the drop rate? This isn’t really making sense.

The “problem” appears to be that you just want more drops. I’d like more drops too, but I don’t see the rate as a problem. It’s the same as it was the previous events.
No, you're being purposefully ignorant and arguing in bad faith. If you truly don't understand at this point, I really don't feel the need to further explain it to you. You won't get it enough to make a difference anyways.

I'll give you a candy every time you do X.
I'll make doing X too time consuming to do so I don't have to give out candy.
I'll then sell you something that makes X more tolerable so I make more money than the cost of giving out candy.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wear at least 1000 luck when you go down , it helps tons .... Yes luck statue is part of my 1000 luck
Yea, that could be the solution for me, but I don't have even a decent luck suit like that. I can get up to 500 though. That's as far as I tested and I didn't notice a good difference.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No, you're being purposefully ignorant and arguing in bad faith. If you truly don't understand at this point, I really don't feel the need to further explain it to you. You won't get it enough to make a difference anyways.

I'll give you a candy every time you do X.
I'll make doing X too time consuming to do so I don't have to give out candy.
I'll then sell you something that makes X more tolerable so I make more money than the cost of giving out candy.
Perfect analogy

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yea, that could be the solution for me, but I don't have even a decent luck suit like that. I can get up to 500 though. That's as far as I tested and I didn't notice a good difference.
Still have to move around alot and hit things. I used to try to be nice and kill monsters to the end, until I noticed I wasn't getting the same help back. So now I whack everything in sight once and move on haha

When my luck hour runs out , I've usually had enough of the dungeon for the rest of the evening..

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It's an item that lets players make the decision on what they value more -- their time or their money.

Some people only have an hour to play a day, and they don't mind spending $2 on the potion to get a better yield for their time spent.
Some people have many hours to play and want to be efficient as possible that whole time, and will still buy potions.

Many games include time saving cash shop items. Mythic tokens are a perfect example. You pay a price to save many hours of your time leveling a character. WoW has this same feature, and I'm sure other games do too. Companies realize some people value their time more than money.

If you couldn't get drops at all without using a potion, that would be predatory and unfair.
If you only did half damage without the potion, that would be predatory and unfair.

Giving you an increase for your time spent at the cost of a few bucks, that you are not being forced or required to spend in any way, is not predatory.

This is all my opinion anyways, and as the saying goes, everyone has opinions and...
Probably have to buy them on the many servers for event players , since they made everything shard bound. You'd kill yourself trying to get drops to buy all this stuff if you play more then one server ...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

So pay to win is okay? Because I agree and would rather spend 10 bucks on a quiver and go about my day

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

This is such a toxic mentality. I value my time AND money. And no other successful SUBSCRIPTION MMO includes these cash shop items like this.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Show me please.

Lord Brackus

Visitor

Show me please.
I mean, there is Character Boost

Pay money to save your time.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's such a lame equivalent. That's closer to the mythic token than the potion. But if that's your argument fine. I'll let others decide. I personally think that's a poor argument and equivalency. The boost is just to get players into recent content more than saving time. You even get one free with expansions most of the time.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Then do it. Ask Keith where the best prices are. You do not have to buy the potion you get drops without it.

This potion started as a gift in Khaldun.
View attachment 130220

One per account with our name on it. They were so popular that they put them in the store later.

Just as with shard bound, it helps to give an educated opinion when you know the history of the item or change.

As Khyro said, you can get drops without it. I got 12 drops in an hour last night with my 1200 luck from the statue. (only my miner has a luck suit.) I get around 6 to 8 without luck.
Destard on LS was pretty dead. I just played by the ramp on the first floor. Nothing was spawning that I could not solo.

12 drops is what I average with my melee toon in all the events. I prefer to run around the dungeon, but stuff kept spawning right there.
I fought more mobs/time than in any other dungeon event except Kotl, Khaldun and Sorcerers.

With more players doing the events now, I have a feeling we have out grown Kotl. I think it would suck with all the new players we have now.
12 drops in an hour is how many hours for a SPELLBOOK IN A VIDEO GAME?! And that's just one of two.

Also none of your history matters to the fact that they have a low drop rate they have control over, they have a cost that they have control over, and they are selling a potion to alleviate that problem between the two.

And I don't know many people getting 12 drops an hour. You're likely dropping your paragons on tamers and running off.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
12 drops in an hour is how many hours for a SPELLBOOK IN A VIDEO GAME?! And that's just one of two.
You prove why we need the potion. I have only used 4 of them tho. 2 while the pile was working.
Other 2 at some other dungeon.

I have enough fun in the dungeon events usually. I have 4 melee toons to run with an hour luck so I get the items I want and armor collections.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As this is in the Q&A section and we've now got our answer, I think we can close this one up as it is beginning to turn toxic. Please create a new thread if you want to discuss the potions further.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So pay to win is okay? Because I agree and would rather spend 10 bucks on a quiver and go about my day
Then do it. Ask Keith where the best prices are. You do not have to buy the potion you get drops without it.

That's such a lame equivalent. That's closer to the mythic token than the potion. But if that's your argument fine. I'll let others decide. I personally think that's a poor argument and equivalency. The boost is just to get players into recent content more than saving time. You even get one free with expansions most of the time.
This potion started as a gift in Khaldun.
1652300014781.png

One per account with our name on it. They were so popular that they put them in the store later.

Just as with shard bound, it helps to give an educated opinion when you know the history of the item or change.

As Khyro said, you can get drops without it. I got 12 drops in an hour last night with my 1200 luck from the statue. (only my miner has a luck suit.) I get around 6 to 8 without luck.
Destard on LS was pretty dead. I just played by the ramp on the first floor. Nothing was spawning that I could not solo.

12 drops is what I average with my melee toon in all the events. I prefer to run around the dungeon, but stuff kept spawning right there.
I fought more mobs/time than in any other dungeon event except Kotl, Khaldun and Sorcerers.

With more players doing the events now, I have a feeling we have out grown Kotl. I think it would suck with all the new players we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.