• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potion Of Glorious Fortune?

Wilma

Adventurer
It appears that the potion of glorious fortune has been removed from the uo store? I can't find it anywhere.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the info I been meaning to do a transfer anyway so just bought them on the shard with it and will bring what I have back to ATL

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why would they remove it before the dungeon event is over? Sigh…..

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I currently see them available in the store on Atl.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Talking with guild mates it feels like normal drop rates are slower than past events almost encouraging us to buy potions..

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
200 tokens left . Do I get the potion or the farm tools. :rolleyes:
I reckon I'll get me them wall hanging shovels and hos

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Talking with guild mates it feels like normal drop rates are slower than past events almost encouraging us to buy potions..
I think it's about where it has been for past events but when you don't have a champ spawn or a potion to use (but you have used them before) it makes it seem like forever between drops; especially if your in-game luck is low. If I'm not using a luck statue or potion I can get around 12-15 depending on the spawn/other ppl killing/rng which is roughly 1 drop per 5min... which is an eternity of killing spawn. That said, I think it's actually a little better than fire (without using the champ spawns) because fire was much more spread out compared to the tight hallways of Hythloth.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My drop rate can change drastically. Depends on how many people in dungeon, how are they playing, how good are their skills. If I got in the room full of mobs I must likely will get a drop. If room was cleared right in front of me - I kill nothing, get no drop too.
I definitely getting more drops then last event (except spawn in Fel).
When mobs are packed in one room with 2-3 para balrons, there are only few spawned on level. Drop rate is low cuz you kill less mobs. .

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree. Hythloth is not slow. I easily completed my "need" goal in the first week. 3 balron armor, 3 daemon talismans, and 1 shoulder (without any potions). And no I am not a sampire. I am about to pass my total drop record from Deceit this weekend. Also, the devs turned up the spawn rate about two weeks ago even in some of the off hours. They also made balrons spawn all over where they were not spawning before. During peak hours, there is so much spawn on 3rd floor multiple players cannot handle it. Paragon balrons spawing every 3rd balron we kill. This will go on for 3hrs or more until players start to leave and the spawn eventually slows down.

The problem you may be facing is that if you keep stuffing paragon balrons into a room, it kills the regular spawn rate. The more paragon balrons you stuff in a room the more regular spawn seems to spawn around them. Those sneaky devs. When our spawn starts slowing down, we have to clear the paragon balrons (and the spawn around them) and the spawn ramps back up all over the floor. The problem with the 3rd floor is the basement. That single room near the stairs to the 4th floor that can only be accessed by the 1 tile teleport. That room is a death trap. The spawn often gets so thick and so many paragons spawn that it takes 4 or more people and a few tamers to clear it. That room often kills the spawn rate because it gets so filled up and there is not enough people to clear it. But this goes for all floors. You have to keep clearing everything to keep the spawn going on each floor.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Agree, @Val-Tur
My opinion is they just made mobs to respawn in random location at the moment it was killed. Sometimes next to you. But because of randomness usually somewhere else. This is pretty good to prevent people sit in one room and AFK kill 2 spawning fire elementals. Like it was in Wildfire.
This makes spawn looks heavy but pushes us to move all over the floor.
After one para balron spawns in death trap room not many people can go inside and choose to kill other stuff. Slowly it fills with other mobs.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is an easy fix for that; just honor yourself and go clear the spawn making sure you are not using an area effect weapon.

I'd agree though that my "need" for stuff was filled quicker than I initially thought. I was thinking I'd need at least 2 months but I really got what I needed within the month. I only played like an hour or 2 a day but I've used maybe 6 luck potions so the trade off on time for me was well worth it. Honestly, I know there will be a lot of people throwing shade on this, I think the Devs did a good job on this event as the spawn rate / dungeon selection / reward prices were all pretty well done.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the Devs did a good job on this event as the spawn rate / dungeon selection / reward prices were all pretty well done.
My only problem with it was I think all shards should have got Fel
But other than that its been good :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My only problem with it was I think all shards should have got Fel
But other than that its been good :)
I disagree about Fel. I'm still waiting to hear a reason why a handful of people say all shard should of had Fel other than something to do with "being fair". I get it for some shards that might be semi busy... but all shards? Why? I've had the chance to shard hop now and try to get a few items on other shards I play and so far (I'm on my third secondary shard) when I've played I see MAYBE 2 other people in the entire Tram dungeon.

That being the case, why should those shards that barely have anyone in Tram side have Fel activated? Let's keep in mind that for this event there is no Fel side champ spawn and Kyronix has said that the Fel side innate luck bonus doesn't increase drops in Fel compared to Tram (I've also tested this and it seems to be the case in my testing).

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree about Fel. I'm still waiting to hear a reason why a handful of people say all shard should of had Fel other than something to do with "being fair". I get it for some shards that might be semi busy... but all shards? Why? I've had the chance to shard hop now and try to get a few items on other shards I play and so far (I'm on my third secondary shard) when I've played I see MAYBE 2 other people in the entire Tram dungeon.

That being the case, why should those shards that barely have anyone in Tram side have Fel activated? Let's keep in mind that for this event there is no Fel side champ spawn and Kyronix has said that the Fel side innate luck bonus doesn't increase drops in Fel compared to Tram (I've also tested this and it seems to be the case in my testing).
My reasons would be because not everyone can shard hop for free (I only play 1 shard) Which i would not call dead but there's not enough action in Fel for sure
During the last event when tram was busy people did go to fel and even though I am not a pvper (maybe in the future) fun was had :sword: as it wasn't over populated it wasn't a gank fest

As for the fel luck bonus I really don't care as like you i have had enough drops for all I want
Oh and being Fair seems a good enough reason anyway to me as I pay for it