• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potential Problem with Talisman Random Generator

G

Hi there:

I've done many thousands of fletching quests. I've also rummaged through thousands of bags from the carpenter's quest. I've got a couple of gm carps, but I've never actually done the quest. I just have trouble leaving bags with 100s of items in them without looking at them.

Anyway, I've only found 69 different names of creatures (monsters and animals) total in all those many thousands of attempts. The only elementals I've found are snow and ice. The only demon is the ice fiend. Meraktus the named Minotaur drops, but I haven't seen another named monster. I am confident there are more than 69, but I really don't believe all the monsters and animals have talismans that drop at this time.

I'd think I just have had poor luck, but this isn't just my bags it's thousands of other peoples bags too. I think there is an excellent chance the random number generator is having a problem.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, and what about the results of "A Frightened Orc"? That's an event creature from years ago, with no natural spawn. Hell, I got a Frightened Orc Killer 100% the other day...

F

Fayled Dhreams

I am confident there are more than 69 ...

Why?

Tis the Evil Lord RNG ... (I have mentioned that I hate him ...)
Subtle and devious in his ways and intentions ...

Basara .... ya lucky debil

You may be the ONLY one prepared IF he ever returns ...
'Twill fall to thee, to save thy shard ...
IF thoust but remember ...