• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your favorite Thunter Template...

Chaim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just recently came back to all these map changes and thought I would try a hoard map last night. A few details...gargoyle, doing the myst/RC thing, luck suit around 2500 with crap for the rest of the stats. This worked fine before on everything but frost dragons. Last night I cleared the spawn no problem, then got stomped after using remove trap by the guardian and whatever that aoe is. I got one shotted each time. Finally gave up on it. I think I need a little more understanding of a few things.

Does gm remove trap totally prevent the guardian/aoe thing?

Will full resists make the aoe survivable? Wondering if it's resistible at all.

How much does luck really factor in? A previous post suggests not much.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...to what level map are automatons feasible?
Good for stash/supply/cache maps. If it can defeat things like ancient wyrms, yamandons and renegade changelings, maybe hoard/trove. Viability really depends on how quickly it can be healed.
Does gm remove trap totally prevent the guardian/aoe thing? Will full resists make the aoe survivable? Wondering if it's resistible at all.
Maxing out resists is a must. High RT reduces the number of "ticks" where guardians appear and area damage is applied. Low level maps can reduce to zero.
How much does luck really factor in? A previous post suggests not much.
In my experience luck affects gear intensity, and cartography and group size affect special items. Not sure its really like that, but it's what I've observed.