• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your favorite Archery Templates here

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This covers all archery templates including specific ones like ABC Archer. If it falls into a specific category please label it as such. Please use this example as a template.

Template Name (If it is specific like ABC Archer)
Archery - 120 (100 + Hunter Headdress)
Tactics - 120 (105 + ring)
Bushido - 120
Anatomy - 100
Chivalry - 85
Healing - 80

Please feel free to explain your choices, bows/arties/suit that you would wear with it.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Bard Archer
Archery - 120 (110 + Mark of Travesty)
Tactics - 120 (110 + Mark of Travesty)
Anatomy - 100 (105 +15 Ring)
Music - 120
Peace - 120 (105 +15 Bracelet)
Disco - 120 (105 +15 Ring)
Chiv - 85

I have 105 prov on a stone and swap it out with peace. I have an identical bracelet as the one for peace for when I stone peace and bring out prov. This is a fun template, old but still works. I use it for goofing around or going with a group.

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nox/Disarm/Moving Shot Archer
120 Archery (95+20 from Hunter's Headdress and +5 from Despicable Quiver)
120 Swordsmanship
120 Magic Resist
100 Anatomy
100 Healing (85 + 15 from ring)
100 Poisoning
100 Tactics

150 Str/150 HP (after pots)
150 Dex/181 Stam (after pots)
89 Mana (should be closer to 100 but I've yet to maximize the suite further

I run a crossbow for mortals, a composite for AI and moving shot and a 20 splintering butcher knife for disarm and poison. I don't use a heavy crossbow for dismount, I use bolas.

Suit has 100 DI, 12 MR, 45 HCI, greater than 45 DCI (I think its in the 60's I didn't look), the dex/mana/stam and HPI to meet the above stats, 5 SSI on the suit, rest on the weapon, 50 EP. For resists, suit is curse corpse skin proof. My goal for SSI and Stam was to get 1.5 out of my composite. 1.5 moving shots are nice. If you have lots and lots of money you can rock 55 SSI and 210 stam for 1.25 AIs. I am not remaking a suite until after Pub 81 so I am sticking with what you see here.

Weaknesses: A few competent mages who have dismounted you will be a challenge though dexxers are generally not an issue. No room for ninjitsu here so you deal with what you deal with. Your choice to drop nox and pick up ninjitsu.

I could have gone 90 healing and reached GM with just enhanced bandages, so that is an option and then dump the extra points into tactics.

100 Poisoning is so I have a chance to lethal poison.

I don't think there is much else to explain. My archery weapons are: Balance/SSI/Velocity/Hit Spell. I usually have a HLD weapon too but if Pub81 goes through similar to the way it is I'll always have HLD.

120 Archery + 120 Swords + 100 Poisoning = 340. (300 minimum) to reach the second level of weapons special mana reduction.

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spellweaving Archer

120 Archery (115+5 from Despicable Quiver)
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
120 Magic Resist
100 Healing
80 Ninjitsu
65 Spellweaving

Everything else is the same as my above post. 65 Spellweaving is for attunement, renewal and pixies. Ninjitsu is if you are dismounted. This is a max damage archery template. Chasing down with 4 angry pixies and max damage moving shots can produce positive results. There are lots of ways to deal with pixies though so they will not be as affective against competent pvpers but can still make the difference in a fight.

120 Archery + 80 Ninjitsu = 200 pts to put you at the first weapons special mana cost reduction level.

A few tweaks here if skill points are desired elsewhere. Use a Hunter's Headdress and free up +20 points. Healing can be dropped to 90 for another +10. Turquoise rings fit one skill at +15 nicely though on this build I went with extra stats.

Last edited:

Corvyn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is Archery even still viable against all those mages? I read so many conflicting posts on other forums. Archery is too slow for mages etc... What are your experiences?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a good mage will always trump an archer

a disarm archer has a fighting chance vs. a mage with a mage weapon

But a good solid mage is really only best negated by another good solid mage. Throwers right now are slaughtering everything, but is on the nerf block for the next publish. A good dexer, particularly a dp dexer, can also take down a good mage if he knows what he is doing.

The new pub nerfing throwing and boosting archery to be around throwing levels should close that gap a bit though. People will probably cry because they aren't used to having to work against an archer. i know right now my scribe mages pretty much shrug off any dexer. and my thrower is hilarious to play. I'm looking forward to that coming down and archery getting a little boost though.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is Archery even still viable against all those mages? I read so many conflicting posts on other forums. Archery is too slow for mages etc... What are your experiences?
Thats where it comes into play, you miss a couple times and a mage gets big spells off. against a scribe mage, those big spells are a TON of damage.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1 to what Cetric says. Look at it like this, there is a percentage of missed shots from the Archer. The mage will never miss and if you don't keep your swing speed up to interrupt him and he gets a big spell or two off like Cetric said...its guaranteed damage against you.

I think those of us who love archery are interested to see what these changes bring. To mages benefit disarm is going to work a little differently now too.

Corvyn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
a good mage will always trump an archer

a disarm archer has a fighting chance vs. a mage with a mage weapon

But a good solid mage is really only best negated by another good solid mage. Throwers right now are slaughtering everything, but is on the nerf block for the next publish. A good dexer, particularly a dp dexer, can also take down a good mage if he knows what he is doing.

The new pub nerfing throwing and boosting archery to be around throwing levels should close that gap a bit though. People will probably cry because they aren't used to having to work against an archer. i know right now my scribe mages pretty much shrug off any dexer. and my thrower is hilarious to play. I'm looking forward to that coming down and archery getting a little boost though.
Ok thanks guys. Kinda depressing. Lets hope for the new publish then. I realize it doesn't fit in here perfectly, but Cetric, could you post your scribe template please?

Last edited: