• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Post-Pub 69 chance to dig up blackrock

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed in the notes for Pub 69 that devs tweaked the chance of digging up a small piece of blackrock while mining.

Not sure if I hit a freak RNG run or what, but last night I mined for about 15 minutes and got SIX pieces of blackrock. In all my previous mining runs at this same location pre-Pub 69, I had never received a single piece of blackrock.

Anyone else notice this since the publish? I'll have to try it a few times this weekend to see if more blackrock is consistently returned since the patch. If so, that's good news for folks doing the Ophidian blackrock stew quest and ultimately for bane dragon owners, too.

D

Dingas

Ya I was mining for Saltpeter and in my searches I got quite a few pieces too. More pieces of small blackrock than all other gems.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does no one else think it's far too much? I have tons of the stuff sitting around taking up space. I guess it's time to make a cook.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get a lot of the small pieces which I have no use for other than in a backpack against Dark Wisps. Wouldn't be such a nuisance if they stacked, though; unlike some items where I can see why they wouldn't be stackable, I don't see any logical reason why the small pieces shouldn't be unless they all have different underlying properties I'm not aware of.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still getting way more small pieces of blackrock now that we're on publish 69. Since they don't stack, as Ziggy pointed out, I don't think I'm going to keep any more. I suppose I should set up a vendor to sell it to folks who need it but don't mine. Guess I'll have to learn how to do that!

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now have one piece of small blackrock and one crystalline blackrock from the past 2 mining outings and ecru citrine and a dark saphire

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get so many blackrocks and I can not find them in my bag. i can see them on the insurance menu though.

I find it easier to just kill myself to get rid of them.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 80 small blackrock pieces from yesterdays mining session (9 shovels used, each with 500-800 uses). Pitty they do not stack. Atleast UOA tells me how many of each kind i have (different kinds of blackrock). They are damn hard to see in my backpack.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They dont decay, so the best way to store them is have a locked room in your house and just dump them on the floor that way they dont take up lockdowns but you get to keep them.

I think i remember from a while back that this megencia rebuilding event is going to require them thats why they have upped the spawn rate.

Thunderz

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 80 small blackrock pieces from yesterdays mining session (9 shovels used, each with 500-800 uses). Pitty they do not stack. Atleast UOA tells me how many of each kind i have (different kinds of blackrock). They are damn hard to see in my backpack.
How do you get 500 to 800 use shovels?