• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post-Migration Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
As noted in the original post, this was a huge upgrade from XenForo 1.1.3 to XenForo 1.3. This means all former plugins had to be replaced with updated versions or new plugins altogether. Some functionalities have not yet been updated, but will be developed when XenForo 1.3 is released from beta.

Please use this thread to report bugs or missing features. Administrators will keep the list updated by editing this first post. We'll get everything added back over time. Thanks for your cooperation!

Reported Issues
  • Small "cog" link in Quark/Antiquark links to stratics.com instead of forums (reported to designer)
  • Message box on Android is small
  • Can we mark single node read?
Resolved Issues
  • Separate sticky and normal threads
  • Strikethrough missing from editor
  • Font color of new thread button in UO Classic
  • Font color of Facebook "recommendation" links in Antiquark
  • UO Classic not responsive for mobile browsing
  • Avatars not animated unless clicked on (reported to designer)
  • Dev Tracker not currently feeding messages to UO Dev Tracker forum
Not a Bug
  • Avatar dividing postbit and message: by design. The UO Classic theme has traditional avatar positioning.
  • Logging into Stratics.com does not log users into Stratics Forums. These software are not connected. Because post commenting is disabled on Stratics network sites, there's currently no reason to log in anywhere except Stratics Forums.

Last edited:

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if issue or part of the Quark theme but Avatars are placed over the border between poster info and the post text. It seems like a new line is missing from the style after name and before avatar.
Example:

I poked a lot of the other buttons and things seem to be working as anticipated!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
UO Classic shows in the classic theme, but the avatars divide the postbit and message by design in Quark and Antiquark (both fluid and fixed versions).

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Avatar now display this way as intended. :) The UO Classic theme hosts avatars under forum names. I'm not sure it's my favorite either but I do like the real estate now for more info and updates like awards and banners, ect.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was afraid of that. Thank you for clarifying. You are welcome to delete this message and my previous one if you want to keep the thread tidied up!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was afraid of that. Thank you for clarifying. You are welcome to delete this message and my previous one if you want to keep the thread tidied up!
Gosh, no worries at all. This is what we need and why this thread is provided. We love to provide these forums, but it's for the community and we want to make it the best possible.
I hope to give a twitch tour later today of some of the features like the Steam connection at the top and the ability to host multiple twitch streams of different games via the Streams tab.
It's all forward thinking but we want to maintain the classic feel too and not lose sight of why we're here. Please keep feedback coming. :)

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any chance you guys can make it so the locked and stickied threads are separated from the ongoing threads.

my eyes find it hard to scan the page when they are all together.

the old forum use to have a space between them which was nice so at a glance you knew what was the stickies and what as the new threads.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also, the 'post new thread' button when your in the classic theme is almost the same color as the button its on.
you should make it a different colored text.
either the same red as the rest or an eye grabbing color, like a royal blue or something.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im using Quark as they are the only ones with a dark background. The text is just a bit hard to read. i think in the old "black background" theme (dunno what it was called) the text was a shade or two lighter.

Looks great! a fine makeover for stratics! More black background themes please :)

P.S. it would also be nice to have an option for all thread titles to be the same color.
p.p.s. the uo classic theme, with a dark background, with easy to read text would be perfect! (for me anyway, also not a fan of the small avatar in the middle thing in quarks)

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
also, the 'post new thread' button when your in the classic theme is almost the same color as the button its on.
you should make it a different colored text.
either the same red as the rest or an eye grabbing color, like a royal blue or something.
Ohhh, you are right! Took me a few to find the post new thread button with the classic style.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im using Quark as they are the only ones with a dark background. The text is just a bit hard to read. i think in the old "black background" theme (dunno what it was called) the text was a shade or two lighter.

Looks great! a fine makeover for stratics! More black background themes please :)

P.S. it would also be nice to have an option for all thread titles to be the same color.
p.p.s. the uo classic theme, with a dark background, with easy to read text would be perfect! (for me anyway, also not a fan of the small avatar in the middle thing in quarks)
This is the feedback we need as we move forward, thank you!

The Ad Styler is a nice option but I keep the Stratics Quark with [Fluid] that allows for the larger forums and 2 columns, then hit color options and chose Wrath (purple) to mimic the other blackend/purple forums I used to use. We can customize more than before outside of the avatar placement, which has been the biggest complaint. The options are at the bottom right hand corner of the forums, above the "About Us." Thanks, Smoot!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'd agree about the background needing to be a bit darker; the grey on dark grey is hard on the eyes.

Also, strikethrough is missing from the editor... please bring it back! :)

Oh, and the "AD Styler" up top... tried clicking everywhere, nothing happens. (Chrome + Linux)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
any chance you guys can make it so the locked and stickied threads are separated from the ongoing threads.

my eyes find it hard to scan the page when they are all together.

the old forum use to have a space between them which was nice so at a glance you knew what was the stickies and what as the new threads.
Added to the list in this thread, along with the button text color in UO Classic. Thanks!

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your still taking tweaks.....

the "create new thread" text on the button in the classic is still white and hard to see.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
if your still taking tweaks.....

the "create new thread" text on the button in the classic is still white and hard to see.
Aye, already on the list. Tyvm. :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
  • Thanks.. That's a strange place to put it, under insert, but at least it's there. :)
I'm using my android and chrome at the moment. I'm noticing another issue, in that the editor space displays at the correct width, but text is entered in only an 8 character wide column.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for helping us find these issues, guys. We've been excited to upgrade but with some trepidation as always since change is difficult. With this upgrade, we've already noticed a difference in load times with fewer add-ons necessary to accomplish unique tasks.

Outside of regular posts and threads in each category, there are also new tabs at the top that will help Stratics move forward with the times and communities. You can track Steam, Blog, and we will be adding to the Streams tab in a variety of ways. When Stratics hosts live interviews, or staff members stream different games they enjoy, you will be able to view them directly from our forums, even in multi-view. Ultima Online has 16 different shards that host regular player and EM ran events. Imagine viewing them all live streamed to add to the fun.

I hope as everyone browses the new forums more, we can add to the list of tweaks and improvements and find the balance once again. :)

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wanted to pop in and say thank you for attacking those 2 items on the classic uo style.
makes my day soooooooooooooo much easier with those 2 things changed.

its actually kinda refreshing having something to do with UO actually listen and change a problem within a day......
(and the zingers keep rolling!)

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And don't forget to go Pro...if you want to help these folks at Stratics keep smiling! -)

TQQdles™

Muffin-Siege

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Looking Good!!
Many thanks for all yr hard work.
Question - How do I mark as single Forum as read?
Probably me just not seeing it, I've found 'Mark Forums Read' at the top but not an option to mark just a single Forum.

Thanks

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Looking Good!!
Many thanks for all yr hard work.
Question - How do I mark as single Forum as read?
Probably me just not seeing it, I've found 'Mark Forums Read' at the top but not an option to mark just a single Forum.

Thanks
There's not an option right now, but I'll add to the list and look into it.

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Muffin-Siege

You can Watch a Forum and select to see New Messages.

Images showing the feature...

Hope this is what you are looking for?

TQQdles™

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think he was hoping to mark every post in a particular forum as "read."

Along the lines of what you mentioned, I'll also mention that you can customize which forums show up in your "New Posts" query. See:

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I choose to watch a forum and alert me when new messages are present, it is the same as if I marked all the threads/messages in that forum as Read. I'll get an alert when new messages appear in my watched forum(s).

Is that what you are looking for Muffin, to know/see when new messages/threads are posted?

TQQdles™

Muffin-Siege

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi Noldor,

I'm happy visiting the Watched Forum page to see what new posts have arrived.

But I have no way of knowing (without visiting the forum itself) if the unread posts shown are new since I last visited or ones I skipped over on my last visit because the subject did'nt interest me.

Being able to mark all the posts as read in the forum I am currently reading would solve this problem.
Thanks

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, in this hour session on Strstics, I have had to log in a dozen times. Seems that when I switch pages I have to re-log in on each different page. I had to log in again when I came here, driving me mad I tell ya....MAD!!!!! Not that I wasn't mad before I got here, muhahah.

Mac

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lack of tables
purpose ?
[td on [/td]

Aka: Lack of tables on purpose?

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got another issue for all ya'all...

1) I am logged in on the Forums.
2) Follow a link to the Stratics front page or directly click on the Stratics symbol (or the home symbol) in the upper left corner.
3) I then have to relog into Stratics.

The Issue: The forum software should pass info to the Stratics front page program that I am already logged in and keep me logged in.

By the way, this is a common issue with other forums that I visit/post and is not tied only to the forum software nor version. But other forums seem to be able to fix the issue.

TQQdles™

P.S. One forum site I visit would routinely link me to someone's profile, not my own, when I clicked the link to update my profile information/image/discussions! -)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
@Noldor That's because Stratics.com uses WordPress and Stratics Forums uses XenForo. The two software are not bridged currently. That's a holy grail for me--I offered a developer $8k to build it--but it remains a technical impossibility for a variety of reasons.

Now that all commenting is disabled on WordPress, there's really no reason to log into Stratics.com unless you are a staff writer. We'll probably remove the login link from that menu.

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading up on the XenForo and Wordpress bridges out there. Seem that someone releases one for $$$ and it only works for a very narrow set of options/rules...and ignores the rest of the XenForo suite...<sigh>. In My Humble Opinion, I see only opportunists for a quick $$.

TQQdles™

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
@Noldor Have some exciting news. Yesterday, I installed a bridge on another Valour Corp property.

WordPress: http://theshapersguild.com
XenForo: http://theshapersguild.com/community

If you create an account on XenForo, then visit WordPress, a WordPress account is automatically created for you. You can comment on WordPress and it appears in XenForo; you can comment in XenForo and it appears in WordPress.

After a bit more testing, hoping to roll it out at the end of the month. Stay tuned. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.