• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post Holly Sellbot Bldg Posse

F

Flippers

Hello!

As with last year, I hope to coordinate clean up in TTC of level 4 and 5 Sellbot buildings. It was a huge success and everybody got just about what they needed from it.

The Hollywoods left huge Lullaby Lane type buildings in the beginner's area, and we'd be doing Toontown a great service cleaning them up. Likewise the neighboring streets of Alto, Elm, and Barnacle.

I hope to get people together starting tonight at 8pm EDT (that's 5pm PDT) at the TTC Gazebo. Closer to the meeting time I'll post today's district to start, as well as ongoing posts should groups change districts (some have one or two buildings, some about six).

I hope you'll take time off from your HQ pursuits etc for this cause. The new toons need our help. This will be set up nightly until most of quiet Toontown districts are clear of these things.

Thanks!

F

Flippers

Meet me in a minute in TTC Gazebo in Crazy Grove which has big buildings in all three streets.

Once clear, we will go to Crazy Hills today

F

Flippers

No one from stratics seems to have shown.

A toon helped me (with a random new toon yet) do a 4 lvl on Punchline, but had to go. Loopy Lane is now clear, and I cannot do the 5 lvls alone so am leaving the Silly Street one where it is and moving on to Crazy Hills.

F

Flippers

Now in one in Boingy Summit on Punchline Place. TTC is busy here and random small toons have jumped in with me. I might have to forego tooning them or we will all die. nm the Mingler took care of two of them and the third is just working its doodle. That should be the equivalent of a solo run LOL.

Silly Street and Loopy Lane have bldgs here as well.

Update: Remaining bldg on Silly Street just closed - dont know if it's big toons. Moved on to Boingy Bay, which also had bldgs in every street.

A

andy1796

Can I help??? I'm good ol' dinky i'll say quit horsing around to whoever your toon is!

F

Flippers

Tonight was CFO marathon night.
Once a year for three days mr Hollywood inundates the streets with large bldgs, preventing toons from visiting shopkeepers.

New players dont know about changing districts, and this puts them on the spot. Today when tasking I saw a dog helplessly standing in front of wetsuit dry cleaners on Barnacle. It was a 5 lvl bldg but that poor player was at an impasse.

I think one week a year it wouldnt be below anyone to set aside personal goals and help out. It hasnt hurt me any for sure.

Fortunately some listings I made yesterday seem to be taken back, which is great. But many are not, and then there are the adjacent streets like the one I was on today with the helpless dog (outside TTC they dont enter the bldgs they just leave them there).

Anyway I missed lure too many times in a 4 lvl bldg and went sad and lost my lvl 7s. Kind of humiliating considering I took back a 5 lvl a half hour earlier. I did almost 2 hrs worth and I think that's it for this evening. I'll post for Wed tomorrow about 7:50pm EDT. Dont know who I'll bring then, but I'll mention it in the post.

If you have a passion for this game and believe in helping other toons and not just doing this for the numbers, you'll find this a very satisfying pursuit.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not here for the random little guy, I'm sorry. I'm here to help our group events, and that's what I did. And I don't appreciate being called selfish for doing so.

S

SuperMac

Your first post about this gave me the impression that you would be letting us know which district to start, but I checked back at 6:45 central time and my post was the last one on here, so I assumed something had come up for you. I didn't check back after that. My opinion about it is that if TT admin doesn't want all these level 5 bldgs left sitting in TTC, they shouldn't put them there. I have been wiped out twice trying to help little toons rescue those level 5's that started with lvl 10 cogs, and like you mentioned, ended up trying to keep them alive AND clear the cogs, only to try to finish it up by myself because one or two hits from 3-4 cogs wipes them out. TT should either stop putting those level 4-5 bldgs there where there are mostly little toons, or at as soon as the invasion is over change them to a bunch of lvl 1-3 cogs!! Or they could give out toon tasks that reward for clearing out those bldgs. We certainly aren't obligated to waste time AND gags! I'd still be more than willing to help clear them up. Let me know when, and we can try again.

G

Granjell

I, too, logged on to find out what disstrict, but found no post, and I realized that I was not friends with your toon, Flippers, and so would not be able to find you. I decided to CFO with the group instead. Sorry. I will look for your post tonight.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I probably won't be able to make your evening runs, I'm in the midst of a 14k Note run, but:

I did a building in Boingy Bay, Maple Street. Best of luck in your quest!

S

susan4633

sorry flippers about not joining in your organized runs. i have however killed at LEAST 20-25 5 story sells in dd, dg, and mm over past few days.

F

Flippers

I have been bedridden for most of Monday and Tuesday, and I got up last minute and quickly posted. Went back to bed shortly after calling it quits at about 10ish. I haven't even been able to run Flappy with his new HW50 suit. I know that not all those here are maxed in HQs and able to do marathon runs, and I'm sorry I missed yous.

:thumbup1: Awesome Susan :) That they get done is what's important. It doesn't have to be with me. I'm not doing this for any glory. It's all about the toons ;)

LOL Elga I love it :) but... arent you maxed in Law?

I'll be posting by 745edt tonight the districts and which toon or toons I am likely to run. If my friend Abby comes I might bring the smelly monkey on the LOM20 or a certain Oldman in need of a set of keys and better gags. Both have lots of friend room. I'm doing these as long as there are big bldgs in small toon places, and those evenings anyone who can help out are appreciated.

L

Little Sadie

I'll try to get there tonight. I can bring my cat as she always needs gag work! I did 6 5 stories today but that was in DL so they don't count.

F

Flippers

*** WED NIGHT ***

I will begin with dumb dog (sorry he has no friends space)

The districts will be as follows in this order. Naturally S means Silly Street, L means Loopy Lane, and P means Punchline Place:

Crazyham L P
Giggly Hills S L
Gigglyfield S

Meet me at 8edt pm sharp at the gazebo in TTC Crazyham :)

I may switch to Kertruffle afterwards. I have room for toons on her:

TT 2yk vza
TT rae 8wn
TT pks y6e
TT 9kn bj8

The smelly monkey might not run tonight - depends. :)

Hope to see you there :)

F

Flippers

Wow the Crazyham was taken back in the 20 min since I checked LOL

A nice pig and dumb dog are in Giggly Hills

We are on one in Silly. There are two still on Loopy :)

--
One was left on Loopy for us and Gigglyfield was taken back.

There's a score to settle in Kookytown on Barnacle Blvd ;)

G

Granjell

Thanks for describing me as a nice pig! It was awesome doing four buildings in an hour with dumb dog. Those 10 ice cream cones were done, and Missus Hoggat can move on with her life!!

F

Flippers

Well she was a nice pig ;P I calls em as I sees em.

When there are big cogs, I tend to sound them off so we can use smaller gags on them on the lower levels. It lets us save anything bigger to throw on the top floor. As long as there's not enough for them to make anyone sad, we can work tu and whatever.

You got some nice TU pts too! Those are stubborn to cultivate, which was why I encouraged you even if I had only a few down.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It looks as though all the big bldgs in TTC have been cleared up to the green/red districts. We can safely assume that the Nutties are clear. However I think we take for granted that with the activity in the "lower bands" there are clear streets. I'll check this evening in case and post whether there's something or it's clear for anyone who wants to continue.

btw yesterday evening while checking the districts, two of them had Robber Baron invasions. However none of those TTC streets had big cash bldgs.

S

Steveo

I did not have much time to do as many as I wanted but Steveo done 4 five story cog buidling in TTC and 2 In DD. It was very fun and fortunately I did not go sad, thanks to unites and a few restock cards.

F

Flippers

There are some districts with big bldgs on Barnacle etc.

Would anyone be interested tomorrow in taking whatever's left back?

A

andy1796

Beat A Building Earlier...

5 Story Sellbot In Donald's Dreamland

See Ya!

S

Stubby

Yes, I would love to help. What level toons do you want? I have stubby at 107 and needs to work on lure, and my dog Fancy Fumblemuffin,56 laff, who needs to work on throw and squirt. She only has seltzer and fruit pie, so maybe not good for this, let me know.

I can pretty much help anytime. I will send you some codes or tell me where to meet and which toon should be used. Either is ok!!

F

Flippers

Yes, I would love to help. What level toons do you want? I have stubby at 107 and needs to work on lure, and my dog Fancy Fumblemuffin,56 laff, who needs to work on throw and squirt. She only has seltzer and fruit pie, so maybe not good for this, let me know.

I can pretty much help anytime. I will send you some codes or tell me where to meet and which toon should be used. Either is ok!!
hmmm - it depends on who comes along. On Wednesday night my 43 laffer LOM went with my big toon friend in a couple and got the Mingler keys.

What are you up to in Lure? And what other gags do you carry on Fancy Fumblemuffin and their level? Either is probably enough for Kertruffle or dumb dog to take through. Dumb dog has maxed trap which can help your lure.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Update: It seems a couple of yous need keys from The Minglers. Well these buildings are chock full o The Minglers. Methinks you should bring them tonight. Bring your best throws and squirts. TU and sound if you got em.

Request no working small lures for this evening. The cogs are lvl 8 and up (often 9s and 10s; the boss is always lvl 11), and the stinky lures will average down the big lure's potency by too much. Mingler 10s can take 21 off you, and 3 of them can... well, you know.

G

Granjell

Since Pinky's not maxing tonite, maybe Missus Hoggat can tag along again. I'll look for the post at 1945 edt, sir!

F

Flippers

dumb dog will meet prospective toons at 8pm edt usa sharp in the Barnacle Blvd HQ. That's not far at all from the beginning of the street. We'll start in Boingy Harbor and work our way through the list. :)

Missus Hoggat and me are doing bldgs on Barnacle.

We moved on to Crazy Grove and once done with that will go the following route:

Bouncytown dd
Crazy Grove
Funnyfield (4lvl)
Giggly Hills
Gigglyfield (4lvl)

** Update ***

Dumb dog will wait from 9-9:05pm EDT in the Silly Rapids Barnacle Blvd HQ for remaining bldgs on the list.

*** Update ***

Lots of high buildings on Barnacle were taken back over the past day, which was great.

Here is a shot from the last building on my list in Zippetyham. Susan and her new duckie on the LOM20. A nice random Blue Dog at 25 laff hopped on. He grasped the situation after the first turn and let us lure first from then on ;) . Doggy got some good gag points out of it too!

S

Stubby

I am really sorry I missed you guys last night. My back is still sore and still hurts to sit up for too long. ANyhow these are the stats on my toons

Little Stubbytwiddletoes, 107 laff
maxed: TU, Sound, Throw, Squirt, Level 5 Lure, Level 6 drop, trapless

Fancy Fumblemuffin, 56 Laff
Level 4 Throw and Squirt, Level 2 TU and Lure

So, if you go at another time, I would like to go. Just let me know when and where. It looks like I should bring Stubby, though. THanks!!