• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possibly returning to UO

C

Corseth

I left UO about 5 years ago to play other MMOs, and now I find myself craving the roleplay that made me love this game so much in the past.

Being someone who tends to enjoy the darker side of roleplay (undeath for example) where can I find an active roleplay community to become involved with?

This forum seems extremely quiet but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.

Thanks for your time.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It varies. But there are several options available to you.

Europa is by far the most active shard for roleplayers; but generally focuses on what I would describe as a Low Fantasy European Theme. It also has a number of armor and engagement restrictions that you have to follow in order to be accepted within the community.

Atlantic is quite active. Chesapeake is as well; and includes a village inhabited by the worlds outcasts, savages, pirates, and the walking dead known as Kijustsu Anei. Catskills was the shard of choice once upon a time but I've not heard as much activity coming from them save for the United Pirates. I've been told that things are beginning to pick up on Lake Superior.

Baja is my shard of choice. I am the founder and leader of the Baja Roleplayers Alliance. We're a relatively small but active community. We embrace all sorts of characters and themes. We're also quite active in the Community (members of our alliance host the Baja Taming Hour and the Cross Shard Tavern Night). Baja is currently lacking in the (openly) dark and evil roleplayer department but if you want to check things out just let me know.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I also am a Player on Baja. I love role-play. However, that term may have wide, if not several meanings. I do not wish to deviate your Thread but I would enjoy having a discussion about Role-Play generally within UO, and more specifically Role-Play in Felucca versus the other Facets.

I encourage your return, especially for Role-Play, and do hope you will consider Baja as either your primary, or one of several Shards.

Elladan of Baja

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left UO about 5 years ago to play other MMOs, and now I find myself craving the roleplay that made me love this game so much in the past.

Being someone who tends to enjoy the darker side of roleplay (undeath for example) where can I find an active roleplay community to become involved with?

This forum seems extremely quiet but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question.

Thanks for your time.
OOC:
If you are interested in Evil RP, my guild has recently reactivated on Catskills. We have a player-ran town that we're getting ready to launch hopefully end of June called Vamp's Lair --- used to be on Cats before we "went into slumber". We roleplay as vampires with a lingering respect for human life. Based very much on Anne Rice novels, The Vampire Chronicles. Some of us do go rouge (aka red) as well you can take the vamp out of his frenzy, but you can't take the frenzy out of the vamp. They get "judged" and "punished" accordingly.

We try to maintain a civilized accord with the human, elf, and gargoyle inhabitants, lest they not test out patience. Those that do, well... let's just say it gets bloody. ;)

Our website: www.childrenofdarkness.com
My email: [email protected]
My ICQ: 608083009

Be happy to have you, or if not, we wish you luck!