• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible New Pets with SA

lankdogg03

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just like to see what some of yall think the new pets maybe or just what yall hope we might get

N

Nenime

Well, I'm already happy to have a dog (Cu Sidhe) but maybe it's time now for all the kitty fans out there. So some sort of lion or tiger would be cool - ridable of course. Like Revenant Lions, only bigger and twice as strong as Greater Dragons so that people at UHall have something to rant about :D.

S

Sarphus

Dire Bear (Pack instinct bear)

Greater White Wyrm (5 slot white wyrm... careful attention to balance)
Some kind of tameable like a fire beetle, but used for imbuing
Pegasus (flying mount that grants access to garg areas)
Lions
Manticores

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd settle for anything as long as it's not a "must be gargoyle only to tame or own" type deal. I think gargoyles are cool and all, but I'd rather not gargy up a tamer ;)

As to pets, I think old Cathat deserves a memorial, so I'd suggest a tigery big cat which could ideally be rideable but only a 1 slot pet. Then it could be the head of my cat pack and I don't think I'd bother with "normal" pets after that :D

Otherwise, make normal horses spawn in more colours - like black and white but different looking from mares and unicorns etc. The bay colour you used to get when you saw a kirin in old 2D would be good too, as 2 of my RL GGs are almost that colour lol.

I'd like to see old pets looking good too, the reptalon needs love badly. Cu sidhe are less ugly in KR but still ugly. I think they need to look more wolfy.

Just no uber duper super powerful pets and I'll be happy. I don't mind if they're on a par with more reasonable pets, but the last thing we need is something stronger than a cu or greater dragon. Let's just go for cool. I vote for plain old dragon but in shadow colour.

Wenchy

A

Abies Aduro

i think this would be cool for the gargoyle mount
its called gorgonopsid an ancient predator that evolved just before the dinosaurs became the dominant species

Attachments

C

Caelas

I'm not a tamer, but I gotta agree with this one...no dinos in UO please. Had enough of dinos in WoW...especially that huge one that can kill you on a couple of hits...

A

Abies Aduro

first of all it isnt a dinosaur and even if it was who cares
second im not sayin u have to leave it the way it is and things can be added and subtracted from it
also there creatures in the game that r similiar to dinosaurs that tamers seem to love ex.dragons

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first of all it isnt a dinosaur and even if it was who cares
second im not sayin u have to leave it the way it is and things can be added and subtracted from it
also there creatures in the game that r similiar to dinosaurs that tamers seem to love ex.dragons
First it is a dinosaur. Second a dragon is not a dinosaur. Dinosaur were actually real life extinct animals and we didn't have any dragons back then. Atleast no dragon bones have been discovered. Dragons are a make believe monsters created for D&D.

A

Amgedpha

*remembers Igor and mini mammoth debates*

I concur with those for feline creatures. We got a tough dog in Mondain's Legacy, so it'll be nice to have a cat for cat-lovers.

Now what else would I want?

It'll be unlikely, considering where the legend came from, but I think it'll be cool to have the fenghuang, AKA the Chinese phoenix. If I remember correctly, it's the counterpart of the Chinese dragon. Of course, that hardly matches with the theme of Stygian Abyss.

Anyway, I looked up the gorgonopsid. Apparently it's a reptile-mammal creature. I guess it's sort of the species that transitions between reptiles to mammals, the creature that help give rise to the mammals. I haven't actually found a source that considered it a dinosaur.

A

Abies Aduro

exactly the gorgonopsid in not a dinosaur it is a transition species whose relatives gave rise to mammals
if u were to look up a family history dinosaurs fall under a group called the archosaurs which

contains dinosaurs, birds, and crocidillians while gorgonopsid and its relatives would be on a

branch that is more closely related to mammals than reptiles

also zippytwitch ur argument makes no sense because i didnt say dragons were dinosaurs, not all dinosaurs are extinct because some species evolved into birds and dragons werent created for d&d dragons have been cited in works of literature for thousands of years

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gargoyles don't need a mount, they can't ride, they fly instead. Or so the information I read said.

S

Sarphus

You know... it would be pretty cool if there was an african themed expansion. SA is probably the wrong expasion for this, but I would love to see elephants, giraffe, leopards, lions, rhinos, hippos, cape buffalo and crocodiles to name a few.

U

uoBuoY

How about a Golden Retriever...
Golden because it can't be damaged (and can't inflict damage)
and
Retriever because you could click on any obect anywhere on the screen and the pup would retriive it.

K

kilo729

First it is a dinosaur. Second a dragon is not a dinosaur. Dinosaur were actually real life extinct animals and we didn't have any dragons back then. Atleast no dragon bones have been discovered. Dragons are a make believe monsters created for D&D.
I registered again to tell you that you are dead wrong. Dragon's where NOT created for D&D. D&D did NOT invent DRAGONS. I facepalmed so hard when I read this it left a mark.