• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible Glitch With Event Dungeons

Wharton

Adventurer
Hey,
I think it may be a glitch. Only during the events, in the dungeons, other players and their pets are able to attack me. I'm in tram and NOT in a guild or party. The "in the heat of battle" symbol comes up and sometimes it lets me attack back, and sometimes it doesn't. It is totally random. Has anyone else had this happen?
Thanks

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey,
I think it may be a glitch. Only during the events, in the dungeons, other players and their pets are able to attack me. I'm in tram and NOT in a guild or party. The "in the heat of battle" symbol comes up and sometimes it lets me attack back, and sometimes it doesn't. It is totally random. Has anyone else had this happen?
Thanks
I'm willing to pet a pet with aoe is involved here..

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know that my reapers attack my friends even though we are in different guilds. Also their reapers attack me, even if I just heal my friend. So it may be reapers as well. (This is not in destard but while doing tmaps.)

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
Even though "block war on friendly" is checked, I tried to paladin-heal a guildy tamer -outside- Destard, then noticed he was grey after that, and before I could disarm myself, an arrow from by bow fired itself and killed him fully equipped, one shot. Embarased. I have no explanation other than maybe his pet had AoE that hit me while in, then this may have happened. Also I would expect that his Cu would attack me if that was the case, but it did not. Something is messed up with friendly fire in these events?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
there seems to be some kind of bug with aoe pets putting people in heat of battle. we have seen this quite a few times, at least the last 6 months, it's not just this event.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had it happen in destard, my pet with no AOE abilities was attacking someone's Chiv AI white wyrm, it wasn't dealing or receiving any damage though. It's hard to reproduce. Not really an issue worth reporting.

Wharton

Adventurer
I had it happen in destard, my pet with no AOE abilities was attacking someone's Chiv AI white wyrm, it wasn't dealing or receiving any damage though. It's hard to reproduce. Not really an issue worth reporting.
It definately caused damage in my case. I almost killed someone's cu in the previous event and in this event, I was killed.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He means it doesn't affect pvp so i don't care

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
It definately caused damage in my case. I almost killed someone's cu in the previous event and in this event, I was killed.
Did it give you an option to give a murder count to the owner of the pet that killed you?

may I ask what your template is?
Do you enter any forms such as wraith form/stone form?
do you ever cast any kind of followers including mirror image?

Miretar

Journeyman
It is likely an AOE. We finally figured out the our RCs were attacking a guild mate because of their AOE.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has this been posted on the official forum not that the MIA team would care but still
Yes, it has been a known about for at least 3 years(khaldun cadelite event), and has been brought up several times. They either choose to ignore it, or cant re create it.

Wharton

Adventurer
Did it give you an option to give a murder count to the owner of the pet that killed you?

may I ask what your template is?
Do you enter any forms such as wraith form/stone form?
do you ever cast any kind of followers including mirror image?
No option was given to give a murder count.
Templates I used: Archer/healer, mage, and tamer/mage.
No forms were used.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heck, even my own RC has flagged on me agter a chain lightning didn't suit it's mood! AoE is really messed up.. and summons and pet reactions are also screwed up.. and them being hit is as absurd as it comes!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was at scalis last night and my frost might was fighting a cu...in tram no guild/alliance etc but the developers seem to have left town i wonder if even the mods have contact with them

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was at scalis last night and my frost might was fighting a cu...in tram no guild/alliance etc but the developers seem to have left town i wonder if even the mods have contact with them
It's so bad it's hillarious!