• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible bug?

G

I just got a yew runic and decided to go to test to check a few things before using it on my main shard. I decided to make a few rangers shortbows out of Ash to see what came up, I thought the properties might not stack but got someting even odder.

Regular wood rangers SB=5 ssi
Ash rangers SB=6 ssi

so the wood only gives 1/10th its bonus if used on a rangers?

This pretty much adds the rangers shortbow to the never use bow recipe pile (along with virtually every other "special" recipe including the arties)

Rey~

G

That is very odd. Just hopped on test to see it for myself and it does only give 1% SSI to the rangers shortbow.

I'd suggest filing a bug report on this as it clearly should, even if the properties don't stack, give 10% SSI.

Now aren't you glad you tested it first!! hehe

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ranger shortbow along with all the other ml non arti bows have fixed crappy stats. Wood type does nothing when making.

G

Then how'd I get 6 SSI?, the rangers gives 5 SSI when made with normal wood, no way the yew runic only added 1 SSI.

Rey~

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its been this way ever since ML was released and I reported it in ML beta.

See my post on this forum regarding all the ML bugs like this I submitted to Leurocian today. Almost every new bow added in ML is messed up to some extent. This stuff was barely tested at all it seems.

After 2 years - I finally got someone to listen. Cross your fingers for some action.

G

Until they fix em, and give us at least a chance to make em exceptional no one is going to make the "special" bows. Even the arty bows aren't that great, the 3 elven bows are all slugs, and for 4 points of damage over a magical shortbow which seems like is 3x faster, pretty much everyone is gonna pick the shortbow.

Rey~