• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible bug in the GM paging system

G

There is a page in the UO Japanese knowledge base that was updated yesterday. It confirms there is an issue with the GM paging system. Sometimes you will submit a page but it will never go through. It also includes information on how to work around it, but it is as long as a Five on Friday and translation tools are not able to give a clear message of what they are saying. Perhaps someone else can translate.

Japanese KB on GM paging issues

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is a page in the UO Japanese knowledge base that was updated yesterday. It confirms there is an issue with the GM paging system. Sometimes you will submit a page but it will never go through. It also includes information on how to work around it, but it is as long as a Five on Friday and translation tools are not able to give a clear message of what they are saying. Perhaps someone else can translate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is translated with Google's Language Tools. I copied the text from the original link and pasted it into the translator. The following is the results.

<font color="midnightblue">Warning! Long post!</font>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

UO: Help request sent, but a long wait and not receive an answer!

Question
Help sent to the request, but the long wait is not receive an answer!

Answer
If you feel this way, is abnormal in the first three cases are not considered.

&amp;#9632; Support hours, the time limit in the case of support

SHADO by game master (GM) support time is different. SHADO support each overtime hours and support, support in the time limit for handling requests for help, "UO: GM support hours?" Please.

&amp;#9632; answer is actually being sent, despite not aware of it

First, "UO: Tell message from the GM to see what can be?" Read and answer from GM is already in the message sent to check whether or not please. However, this message is sent to an answer from GM at the time you did not receive offline. The message was sent three days after it is automatically deleted.

Message is not received within the game, the account can request help by registered mail mail address is not received an answer, please check.

Either one of the above, or both if you have arrived at an answer, help your request is received correctly and support staff, have already been answered in response to that end.

&amp;#9632; sent instructions to request help on the way if you have to cancel

Send requests to help after the lower left screen display system to make sure the message please. If the "Help menu CLOSED." If it is shown, the request to send help you in the middle of a procedure to cancel the procedure done. Send before being cancelled because of the help request is submitted yet. Cancellation actually wanted, rather than pressing the button accidentally cancelled out if the button again with the help please send a request to help.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Any of the above apply, the following cases are considered.

&amp;#9632; request is not received help, and if problems

Now, in certain circumstances, be sent to help GEMUSAPOTOSUTAFFU request is not received it is not able to Electronic Arts Inc. in the United States and have been reported in the survey is being conducted.

This problem is filling out the contents of the call depends on the string believed to have occurred, and the account can request help Character abnormalities occurred in what is not. Accordingly, in this situation even if you have seen or modified by GM does not resolve. If this situation occurs when a request for help once they cancel the call to send another representation to you again, you can avoid a problem.

§ encounter this problem and how to verify whether

Help us to send you a request in with the request to send help immediately after the lower left screen display system messages to be sure that you, we received a request to help the above problem is to check out whether .

"Input is accepted by until, please stay tuned. There (omitted) please." Long after the message, the following message appears to be whether or wait five minutes please. No quiet conversation around to go to the window to open it Journal message to&amp;#38450;&amp;#12370;&amp;#12414;&amp;#12377;overlooked it.

"I have received your feedback." If you see the message

This message is usually sent to request help from 1-2 minutes to appear. The message is that if you have been, you send a help request is successfully accepted, the above problems are not to encounter.

Other situations call or affected, support or limit overtime hours support, and if you are right we can not answer that. The answer is actually received it, despite GM's answer to the button to display cases may be overlooked. While you are offline, or if you receive an answer in the game, but the account was registered mail address will be sent by email answers.

I think answers are not received, the support of the SHADO within hours whether the message button showing whether or registered mail address to receive a confirmation email, please try.

Wait 5 minutes, "You have received your feedback." Message if

In this case, the contents of the message you sent this problem when he meets the conditions could be bad. Help once a request to cancel the different expressions please send your request to help again. At the same time, the following "&amp;#9632; call on you to fill out the Notes" Notes introduce you to please fill in the text.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

&amp;#9632; call on filling out the contents of Notes

This issue is also present condition of research, including in particular, at this time you can be sure Conditions Information is not a request for help when filling out the following things to remember that you probably avoidance is possible.

Please do not use alphanumeric characters. Japanese help you fill out to request it in the meantime, alphanumeric characters (A, B, C, 1, 2, etc.)&amp;#21547;&amp;#12417;&amp;#12378;, double-byte characters (A, B, C, 1, 2, etc.) only please specify.
Maximum length is 200 characters. Calling the contents of more than 200 characters fill the screen display area because it is a screen full of filling out the 200-character limit. Do not exceed 200 characters so please specify.

Q: "You have received your feedback." Is not displayed, instead of "mail in question features" to send here?

Japan supported the establishment SHADO will help GM in the game communicating with the outside. In the game to solve problems and the need to resolve it in the mail and you had difficulty or often impossible to send e-mail feature ITADAKIMASHI question, the response is not spectacularly.

Will you have to change the representation, a request for help in re-send your "You have received your feedback." Messages to be sure that the answers to please wait.

With this information in your questions and solve problems?
&amp;#9678;: resolved.
&amp;#9675;: reference.
&amp;#9651;: information and different purposes.
×: resolve.

Relevant Frequently Asked Questions
• UO: GM support hours?
• UO: GM message from How to Tell You can see it?
• UO: Help request to cancel What do I do?
• UO: questions about the game or if you want to check the specifications How can I do?
• UO: PEPADORU Help button can also help menu does not appear!

Here refer to the Frequently Asked Questions
• UO: Nature's Fury is used, nearly doubling the mana consumption may be!
• UO: NPC items sold, but did not receive that money. Why?

I

imported_athos_uo

At first, I think the GM paging system in Japan is entirely different from that in USA/Europe/Oceania/Taiwan/Korea/. GM pageng in USA shards will go to GMs of America team but GM call in Japan will reach Japanese team.

At second, even if you call GMs on Japanese shards, the issue described on that page will not affect you. Because this problem are caused from Japanese letters. This article points out, that if you use english alphabet and Japanese kana letters in GM paging at the same time, it might not get to GMs in Japan. So if you page GMs only in English letters, it would have no problem ( GMs in Japan might not be able to read English, but it is another thing).

G

Well what it describes is exactly what happened me several weeks ago. I would page but it would never enter the system and I never got any email as you do now.

G

Thanks Athos!

If I understand you correctly, the non-receipt fault probably lies in the using both Japanese and English characters when paging GMs in Japan only.

I appreciate your swift explanation as well as your reassurances.

~Nico~

I

imported_athos_uo

<blockquote><hr>

If I understand you correctly, the non-receipt fault probably lies in the using both Japanese and English characters when paging GMs in Japan only.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, exactly.

L

Lord_Asterix

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So I have to brush up on my Japanese and transfer to an Asian shard to get good customer support?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well what it describes is exactly what happened me several weeks ago. I would page but it would never enter the system and I never got any email as you do now.

[/ QUOTE ]So quit peppering your GM Help/Page text with all that kanji, hiragana and/or katakana, and it seems you'll likely be quite safe from this particular bug, JC.