• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Possible bonding bug?

G

Have two guild mates who are both elder tamers that stabled there pets over a week ago and they have yet to bond is there some kind of new bonding bug out there? They fed the animals before stabling them and waited a week took them out and fed them again but the animals wont bond..for one person its actually been two weeks.. neither there Cu or Rune Beetle will bond.

I

imported_Fiskr

I've had pets bond in 4 days, others in nearly two weeks. The "one week" bonding thing is an average. My greater draggie took 9 days, and yes, it is very frustrating.

G

The "one week bonding" is not an average your pets should bond at 7 days plus 2-2.5 hours (hours are server down times) from the first feeding if you did everything correctly. I do not doubt some peeps have had issues with pets bonding but the system is designed on hard numbers there is no random effects in built into the code for this. I personally have never seen any deviation from the way the system has been designed.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
exactly the only bonding issue i see is when people forget there jewels and say its not working right or they forget to feed there are no issues that i have been able to create i purposely went out this last week and bonded pets to make sure there are no problems except operator error

G

I think there is a small window and not a hard 7 days. Ive tamed, gated to stable, fed pet and stabled it and have it take up to 10 days to bond. No jewelry swapping, no forgetting to feed, etc. I think there is a little wiggle room in that 7 day number

I

imported_Fiskr

<blockquote><hr>

I think there is a small window and not a hard 7 days. Ive tamed, gated to stable, fed pet and stabled it and have it take up to 10 days to bond. No jewelry swapping, no forgetting to feed, etc. I think there is a little wiggle room in that 7 day number

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly right. Jewels don't enter into it for me, 120 vet lore and tame. And I feed every day hoping it's an early bonder, as some are. If It's always exactly seven days for you, then that's how your dice roll. It isn't that way for everyone.