• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Poseidon's Treasures (misspelled Chest)

Princess Zora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi all :)
Most of you know that i bought the Poseidon's Treasures Set at an Auction on Stratics.
After checking my Items i noticed that the Chest have a Typo and i have some Questions about it.
The Chest`s original Name is Poseidon`s Treasures but my Chest Say`s Posedion`s Treasures.
My Questions are:
Are all Chests misspelled or is it only my?
Is the Value about the misspelling lowered?
If it is only my Chest should i ask Mesanna to fix it or is it better to have a Special one?

Thx alot
Zora

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hey Friend :)

I am not sure about the Poseidon item. But I do know that many items have been misspelled in the past. It doesn't happen often, but it isn't extremely rare either. Usually when one is misspelled then all of them that drop from that event are misspelled.

As for the value...some people shy away from misspelled items and some people think its funny and don't mind them. I would say it probably doesn't change the value very much in the end. If the item is a really neat item that is going to be worth a lot then it probably isn't going to mess with the value very much...on the other hand If it is a lower end(less cool) item then it could drop the value by a little as less people be interested in owning it.

I would imagine that if Mesanna hasn't fixed it by now then she will not be fixing it. But...you can always ask. All she can do is say no :)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just checked mine and two others and they also say "Posedion's" so maybe the correct spelling is the rarer one lol

Princess Zora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thx Jason
I think i let the misspelled Name on the Chest because Mesanna has enough to do with UO *g*

Thx Deaol
i wasn´t sure because i checked all Posts about the Poseidon Items and couldn´t find anything about the misspelling.
Thx for compare with your Chests :)

Princess Zora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think the most didnt noticed the misspelling.
This could be the reason that no one post anything or the People dont care about it ^^
It was a coincidence that i checked the Chest today and noticed the misspelling.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I just checked my item indexes, and all of them I've seen have the same misspelling, "Posedion's Treasures". Though, all of the items in that series have the same misspelling. The name of the ship was the "HMS Poseidon"; it could be argued that the name is correctly spelled, or at least, consistently misspelled. :p

Princess Zora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thx Brian
I only noticed that the Chests are misspelled.
The other Items Inside have the correct Names (except the Wand without the Poseidon in their Name).
A Replica Of The Poseidon's Fury Artifact
Tapestry Of The Poseidon's Fury Saga
The Saga Of The Poseidon's Fury
A Replica Of The Magician's Wand
Looks like a fast finger Typo at renaming the Chests and copy paste this over and over *g*

Thx Panoramix
I´m sure now that all Boxes have the misspelled Posedion`s Name.
Good to know because there was no info about it anywhere ^^