• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Portrait/Painting Question

L

Lunaticus

Yes, I know these guys are virtually worthless, but can anyone clarify the order of rarity between the Portrait/Painting recovered from a shipwreck (all in yellow) vs. the same only with the "recovered from a shipwreck" in white? Also, is there anyway to get these guys without the shipwreck stuff? Have there always been portraits and paintings or were they once combined into just one (i.e. portrait OR painting)?

G

To the best of my knowledge, the 'all in yellow' should be the older pre-patch and carry a larger price tag. I've seen the largest painting of such selling from 50-150k, while the smaller pre-patch topping out at 75k. I'm inclined to believe that collectors of such items (myself included) will happily pay much more for other items that have the 'all in yellow' label associated with them...i.e. the globe, pillows, and clock. At least I certainly would pay upwards of half a mil for a globe and/or clock if it's on GL.

As for the second part of your question, there were indeed paintings/portraits that had no label other than "Portrait" and/or "Painting." While I haven't the foggiest where these came from, they seem to be valued in the 15-25mil area. It actually is from this, that the "Lady in Red" is to be the True rare painting, and NOT any other shipwreck recovered painting depicting such.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit me up ingame and I will show you the little gem of the lady in red that i picked off vendor for 10k

It has the portrait tag

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hit me up ingame and I will show you the little gem of the lady in red that i picked off vendor for 10k

It has the portrait tag

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok not quite the deal you got, but I picked one up for 250k

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> if we're talking about the ones that don't highlight anything at all and you have to click them to get them to say 'portrait', then I got you both beat.... I found mine

on a sadder note, in KR they don't do that...... mine turned into 'portrait recovered from a shipwreck'...... logged in and out for ten minutes making sure I was looking at the right one
(and yes, it takes me that long to be convinced of a thing sometimes) </font>

G

woof woof woof
okies im playing too.....found mine dumped at haven bank....
i win

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Can someone please post a pic of this protrait. Wondering if I have one or not.

Thanks,