• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Portal area - let me see yours!

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

I am redecorating my castle a little, and trying to make a nice functional area with Runebooks and the different portals (Corrupted, crystal, etc. etc.)
The issue is arranging them nice and still having them work. It doesnt really seem like you can raise the portals and keep them working - making it really hard to have a nice look (Can't even be on a table or a display case?!).

Anybody got some nice solutions for this, please post it here thanks :)

Barbossa

Visitor
Hiya,

This is the portal area of The Treehouse on Chesapeake. The portals will work just fine when placed on the pedestals as shown. We welcome you to come and visit The Treehouse in person, as it is currently decorated for Halloween! We are located at the Trinsic Bridge, which is just South of the West (main) entrance of Trinsic.

I hope this helps you :)

The Treehouse Portal Layout.jpg

Last edited:

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks alot for these pictures and info! looks amazing both of them. And so great to hear that pedestals can be used and they still work! :D

Although right now, I can't get my crystal portal to work no matter where I place it, I believe it is broken somehow - may have to call a GM to fix that

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just an update on my portal issues:

Paged a GM as I couldnt get my portals to work on the ground floor of my castle (Center room of classic castle, so no pavers). I was told that there was something disturbing it from working, but no answer on what it could be.
I can now get them to work on the 1st floor in the center, on the ground floor right at the entrance, and ground floor way in the back.

Has anyone experienced something like this before? And may know what could cause these issues? I feel like I have tried to move most of the stuff that is there, so I really dont know what could cause these issues. And I really dont want to run upstairs everytime I have to use the portals....

The GM also said that they shouldnt be placed too close (At least 10 tiles apart.....) but I see that all the pictures in this thread is portal right next to each other, so that doesnt seem like a normal issue....

Are they really this buggy??

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
two orbs stacked on the jawbone, ankh on top of the moonstone.

Everything works as is, but if I raise the corrupted crystal up just one more it will not.

portalroom.png

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also had trouble with the corrupted crystal in my keep. Didn't work when on a small table. Found a place on the floor where it works.
Read somewhere something about a bug with the z-axis

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have heard several people talking about the z-axis bug. But is working/not-working on the same x-azis in different locations in the house.

If anyone is on Europa and willing to help me with a little tester, might be worth trying to place another crystal portal and see if they work, and try mine in another house as well. (preferably a castle, as it is the center area of this that it doesnt work in.)

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In our tower we have a teleportation room, but most of the teleporters are hidden under mushrooms. There are two crystal portals, a serpents jawbone, and the Moonstone crystal in the room. The fairy dust is a teleporter to another part of the house.
Teleport Room.png

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In our tower we have a teleportation room, but most of the teleporters are hidden under mushrooms. There are two crystal portals, a serpents jawbone, and the Moonstone crystal in the room. The fairy dust is a teleporter to another part of the house.
View attachment 137853
Looks really nice! Great idea with covering up the portals to fit the theme of the room.
Unfortunately doesnt help me with my issue of portals not working where I would like them placed. May need to invest in an additional teleporter set, so I can quickly get to an area in the house where the portals do work.

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks really nice! Great idea with covering up the portals to fit the theme of the room.
Unfortunately doesnt help me with my issue of portals not working where I would like them placed. May need to invest in an additional teleporter set, so I can quickly get to an area in the house where the portals do work.
I'm not sure what the level issue might be. Our corrupted portal is elevated and seems to work okay.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are asking for trouble, keeping so many portals close together. The interdimensional fabric will fray and then one day, all of a sudden, you will find yourself standing lost and three-dimensional in Miami.
Better stay away from mine then.

1671059232771.png