• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Portable Ballot Boxes

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last update to the list of illegal items was in 2002. Portable ballot boxes reside on said list along side items that have become legal or have completely disappeared from UO altogether.

Are these items legal now? Illegal still? Has there been a single mention of them since 2002 by the EA staff?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're legal, and they're a hard sell (from my experience). Can't move them for 1m on Baja.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tomas seems to think otherwise as to their legality. is there any where it is listed that these are legal?

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive asked a gm a few days ago as i found one in luna on the inn area and he deleted it immediatly

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also know of a case where it was deleted by a GM couple of months ago.

No idea why Sarsmi thinks they are legal, but they are not as far as I know.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be interesting if we had an official statement. Purple items were legal more than a year before someone posted a huge lie with doctored screenshots in uhall of a convo with a GM that the head gm commented. It was only after all that, that we got an official statement on sigil items.

It's awful that this is how EA operates on this stuff.

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be interesting if we had an official statement. Purple items were legal more than a year before someone posted a huge lie with doctored screenshots in uhall of a convo with a GM that the head gm commented. It was only after all that, that we got an official statement on sigil items.

It's awful that this is how EA operates on this stuff.
Give me a break, wasnt these 'made' my exploits?
If so, they should all be deleted, no doubt.

To Blame EA, while taking shortcuts for money, is just silly.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually the entire exploit consisted of releasing the item and picking it up. At the time many folks did not consider or know that this would be an exploit and long ago they sold commonly as a semi rare for 10k

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
currently I see 5 movable ballot boxes for sale in luna on atl alone. they sit on different vendors and vary in prices. 4mill seems to be about the average.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also know of a case where it was deleted by a GM couple of months ago.

No idea why Sarsmi thinks they are legal, but they are not as far as I know.
Probably because I have read from many many sources that they will not get deleted now.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=44963&highlight=portable
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=54180&highlight=portable
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=132781&highlight=portable

GMs dont care about portable ballot boxes.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well then I am selling portable ballot boxes on legends. I have two.

ICQ 248964600