• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Portable Ballot Box

D

DJ_Old_Hip

A portable Ballot Box is up for sale at the Auction on Sudnay 9/2/2007. Min. bid is 35 Million. Be one of the only people on ANY SHARD to own this true rare of rares.
This is not deeded where you hack the crate and get the deed. but a true portable ballot box. Look at pictures

Any questions contact me at my ICQ number.
Happy Bidding.

G

You didnt list a shard....and I buy them frequently for 500k-1m....

D

DJ_Old_Hip

I'm glad you have gotten such a great deal! But this is the real deal, and I have been around long enough to know a true rare when I see it. it will not re deed if smashed. Not a dupe, but the real mccoy

K

Kurgan

I thougth these were still illegal.. According to uo.com..

Illegal Items

Unacceptable Bug- or Exploit-created Items May 3 2002 5:09PM
In the long history of Ultima Online, there have been certain items that have entered the game due to bugs or exploits. We have been hesitant to post a list of such items, for some unscrupulous players might see such a list and attempt to recreate such illegal items. However, to help players discern the differences between these illegal exploit/bug items and legal rare items, we now feel that there are certain exploit-based items that can be listed publicly.

The illegal items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. Players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.

These listed items continue to exist in the world even though they are not re-creatable, but please do not consider them the only items that are unacceptable within UO. Just because an item may not be on this list does not necessarily mean it is legal. We reserve the right to change & update this list at any time.
Portable ballot boxes
Portable forges
Belt pouches
Metal ranger armor (ranger armor should be leather-based, not metal)
Faction-purple non-dyeable items (please note that some items in the game, such as cloaks or fancy shirts, may legitimately be dyed a color similar to the faction-purple color. This listing specifically refers to those items that should never be purple, such as spellbooks, armor, weapons, etc.)
Water tiles
Silver steeds (except for Siege Perilous, Mugen, and Baekdu)
Tame ancient wyrms
It is critical for all players to understand the following information about this list of exploit-created items:

There may be exploit-created items within the world that are not on this list-but just because items are not on this list, does not necessarily mean they are legal.
We reserve the right to change this list at any time.
This list will only note items that were created with bugs or exploit that can no longer be created.

G

Yes, all of mine are the same, they do not redeed, and when you double click them you get a ballot voting option. Theyre not a server birth but a glitch from sometime in the past. They were illegal to own for awhile, but that is no longer the case. Someone posted several weeks past that on their shard they were valued around 5-10m if i remember correctly. But, they can be found on Atl, and LS, as well as a few other shards for 500k-1m as I said already. I have around a dozen or so in my possession, and a good friend found another one last week for 600k.

Oh, and you still haven't told anyone where your auction is taking place, or directions to get there.

Edit - Well, its possible they still are illegal, when I purchased my first one I inquired about it and was told it was legal, but, that could be a fallacy. I've had them displayed in multiple houses on different shards several of which had a significant amount of travel and there were never any repercussions.

R

Rowan Elizabeth

Yes, I have one also. Had it for about 6 or 7 years now. I have been told on several occasions that they are no longer illegal. If anyone is interested in 1 please see my thread on selling my rares.

G

that thing from uo.com is over 2 years old (surprise surprise).

While some of the items are still highly ilegal ballot boxes and sigil dyed stuff are fair game.

G

Over the last 2 years I have had maybe 35 of these through idocs, and thats when I have left some there because I have had too many.

I believe you have been misinformed of its rarity, as there is ALOT of them around.