• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Populus Census (ppl playing still?)

Paranoia2mb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya ladies and gents.

I haven't played UO for such a long time, but i've kept my account active for a couple of years. Like 4/5+.

Anyways, maybe it's the times i'm on (late night/super early morning), but Tram Brit Bank used to be full and live with people. Everything just seems soo empty. Is this MMO complety dead yet or is it still kicking? How much do you think or has the population dropped over the past couple of years? Easy to get lonely in this game hahaha.

What is there to do now a days? I know every MMO gets repetive. UO champ spawns, WoW instances and blah blah for a simple example. I was always a PvPer though.
Kinda sucked when the new lands came out and nothing was Fel ruleset. I know there is Siege, but I already have a char on there and I don't remember anything about raising skills besides 8x8 and Siege acts differently. Uo Assist and Razor ftw?

Used to tote around with TaR way back when and it was a great time. I think the only reason I've kept my account active is because of my house haha. Not like the payments are killing me or anything.

G

Everyone sits at Luna bank now and most people PvP (stealth archer ganks & house hiding) at the Yew Moongate or the champ spawns. It's pretty dead though, to say the least...

I just reactivated 2 accounts after a 4-5 year layoff and am already considering going on hiatus again =(

I

imported_frawsty

The main bank is in Luna and 99% of the vendors are at the Luna mall which can be searched online via finduo.com or searchuo.com (the latter pretty much sucks now and doesn't update consistently so I recommend finduo.com)

They have added a few quests for runics and bags of goodies and a Heritage quest so you can switch between human/elf or elf/human. The champs on Pacific are pretty much owned by FL. They zerg anyone that attempts a champ, steal it then sell back the powerscrolls to their victims in Luna and in turn sell gold online for real USD.

Right now their is a weird event going on in Moonglow/Tram which has taken most of the pvp'rs but normally most pvp is at Yew/Felucca gate and some in the champs for the first couple minutes of the FL zerg.

Their are also mini bosses called Peerless bosses that can be fun but require keys to access and the uber loot is few and far between (most folks do Peerless to get a Crimson Cincture apron)

I'm surprised at so many people are still playing though. WoW has pretty much sucked up all the MMO players out there. I've found that most UO players are old schoolers and lots have crappy PCs so they don't really have the option for the 3d heavy graphic MMOs like EQ/WoW.

Gold and items are cheap as hell now because of so much farming and the FL griefing. You can now buy 1mil for $2 at most broker sites. I wouldn't recommend buying items though, they are way over priced.

Paranoia2mb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of a shame that I left when I did.

Actually had FL being beat down, but they'll never admit it lol.

I just don't think people play much anymore because UO is a great greifing game, but they did ruin thieves completly with insurance haha.

Almost better to stick with free shards I guess.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup people still play. Like it was stated unfortunately, Luna is the new hang out since the Britian invasion a few years back. Yew gate if you want to question why you pay $13/month (haha house hiders.. lmao)

G

Dude, uo can still be fun sometimes. U get a rush when u take out like 8 fl zerg trash, but usually they outnumber u. easy to make gold, and if u are on at the right time, u can catch a lot of people. just avoid fl they suck, disarm zerg zerg zerg disarm immediately after rearm.