• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Polymorph

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought Polymorph was meant to be permanent now, but when i was polymorphed today it said i cannot hold the shape any longer, could this be because of my low magery level? Do you need a certain amount of magery for it to be permanent?

G

GFY

You maybe confusing polymorph with the forms from necromancy, ninjitsu, spell weaving, etc... The forms last until you die or change them. Polymorph, the mage spell, has a time limit.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Polymorph spell didnt used to last long but it seems to last for ages now on my char with 115 magery, i've never had it run out on me before until i've either died, cancelled it or logged out.

C

canary

There was a change some time ago where Polymorph lost its time limit. You merely cast it again to become human.

I'm unsure why you lost your form or why it stated that,

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its because of my low magery im sure, i mean i have 30 magery on this char and was using +23 Magery items so that would be 53 magery and i was using scrolls.

Where as my friend who did it with 110 magery lasted for ages.
So im hoping it will be permanent with 80 magery.

C

canary

OK let me repeat:

POLYMORPH DOES NOT HAVE A TIME LIMIT. It was removed about... two years ago?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But if your magery is too low you cannot hold the form for long, you need like 66-70 magery for it to be permanent.