• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll - Who wants to ......

D

DGLita

see the top 100 list removed in favour of just a list of lots open, and who want to keep it?

My vote would be to lose the top 100 list

G

I don't think it needs to go away. I think it needs to be modified.

G

We could just have rankin' system, I saw this suggestion somewhere, I think on Game-Blueprints actually....

Or we could have also stuff like Bookmarks for Lots (which would be very useful)
And add new categories, like most open, most popular, most profits made and stuff.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I like the idea... for another goal for people. The way it is now-people can make however many accounts they want if they want to pay the $$ to sit sims on their property for a long time... is not good. I think a filter approach is good enough until that is fixed.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I want it to go away.

Unless they can make it so, that every lot in the category appears on the list/map but has no ranking # until they makes some visitor hours.

G

Why not just reset the list since there is no visitor hours given for free accounts?

M

mameloot

Instead of replacing the Top 100. I'd like an additional option to see all the lots currently open in a catagory. It can still be linked by popularity, to reward the hard work of the roomies, but would give a chance to visit other properties as well. This would allow the top 100 to be more accurate.

Right now, everyone goes to a few places at the top, and the rest of the list is primarily closed lots. If people can easily see other options, they'll be more likely to try different places. Therefore, the top 100 will become the lots that are open the most.

The Top 100 list is an important goal to the game.
Lot owners & roomies have very little incentive to run quality lots anymore.
There are no visitor paybacks, and tip money doesn't cover what they're spending to feed and maintain the lots. They're doing because they love doing it.
However, take away the top 100, and why would people go through all the work??? That's the last incentive they've got.

G

I have no real issue with keeping the lists, but I would love to see closed properties removed, so a far greater number of lower-ranked open houses are visible, thus giving much more choice, especially during off-peak hours when only a very few houses on the current lists are open, and it's a case of like it or lump it.

N

Nick6212

I think they should stay.. Its competition .. With out it some will be really bored.

G

But with it many are really bored. There are many people who can't get a single visitor, because they just opened their house and don't show up on the lists. If all houses were shown randomly, it would be less of a popularity contest.

G

I love the top 100 list! I say keep it!
It's the competitive aspect of the game I love. People play different ways... if you would rather not participate in the competition of house hours there is an infinite number of ways to avoid it. (And I don't mean that to sound mean)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have no real issue with keeping the lists, but I would love to see closed properties removed, so a far greater number of lower-ranked open houses are visible, thus giving much more choice, especially during off-peak hours when only a very few houses on the current lists are open, and it's a case of like it or lump it.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW GREAT IDEA

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW GREAT IDEA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i think this is the answer if we have to have a top 100 list, just show the top 100 open properties, that way everyone gets a chance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Instead of replacing the Top 100. I'd like an additional option to see all the lots currently open in a catagory. It can still be linked by popularity, to reward the hard work of the roomies, but would give a chance to visit other properties as well. This would allow the top 100 to be more accurate.

Right now, everyone goes to a few places at the top, and the rest of the list is primarily closed lots. If people can easily see other options, they'll be more likely to try different places. Therefore, the top 100 will become the lots that are open the most.

The Top 100 list is an important goal to the game.
Lot owners &amp; roomies have very little incentive to run quality lots anymore.
There are no visitor paybacks, and tip money doesn't cover what they're spending to feed and maintain the lots. They're doing because they love doing it.
However, take away the top 100, and why would people go through all the work??? That's the last incentive they've got.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur! The top 100 is important, but it would also be nice to have a list of open lots so that the top 100 would get more variation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We could just have rankin' system, I saw this suggestion somewhere, I think on Game-Blueprints actually....

Or we could have also stuff like Bookmarks for Lots (which would be very useful)
And add new categories, like most open, most popular, most profits made and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea, too. Most open would help me in figuring out where to go.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think it needs to go away. I think it needs to be modified.

[/ QUOTE ]

X

What she said. Totally doing away with it would eliminate a primary goal for some players.....honest players who really do want to get to the top the proper way. The last thing we need is fewer goals within the game, we just need a way to do it so that is ascertainable without having to resort to cheating. So that's my vote.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why not just reset the list since there is no visitor hours given for free accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying this but that is a BAD BAD BAD idea. It isn't fair to those who are already established in the city who rode in on the bullet train JUST so they could get a head start. Nobody *had* to wait on the merges, that was their choice and they knew the consequences of it when they did it, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

see the top 100 list removed in favour of just a list of lots open, and who want to keep it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree, there are so many times that when you click on the hammer to see what lots are open they don't all show up, click on the list and they don't all show up. Just give us a list of open skill/money/etc. lots open so that we can bring can see who is open for business.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree, there are so many times that when you click on the hammer to see what lots are open they don't all show up, click on the list and they don't all show up. Just give us a list of open skill/money/etc. lots open so that we can bring can see who is open for business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed!

I

imported_Danny Dots

loose the top 100 or modify it for houses that are open. Something needs to be done because with all the merged cities this system just isn't going to work.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I finally found some roommates, who have free accounts, and had over 6 people on the lot (3 roomies and 3 visitors) and still, it didn't show me on the map. Grrrr *explodes*

G

i believe it should be removed and replaced with a different search system or online list.

G

losing it is stupid, the whole point of my game is to get to the top.

No top no me. A world without me is a sad, sad world.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

losing it is stupid, the whole point of my game is to get to the top.

No top no me. A world without me is a sad, sad world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do agree. We can't get rid of it completely because there are people whose goal is to beat the top 100 and get on top. It does need to be tweaked though, I don't think it makes sense to have only one list for a category and then having half the list offline.

G

First, I bet most of you who are against the top 100 list are getting your skills in a lot in the top 20. You only need a few sims for 118%. Put your sim where your mouth is.

People will pick the top choices because of ease. If the list were randomized, people would fill the top house of the type they want. Just like in RL. We have a plumbing company called AAA Auger. Why? Because they are listed near the front...

Leave the list for those who like competition. Dont show the closed lots.

It takes work to start from the bottom and get to the top. The list should not be instant gratification.

G

Let's loose the top 100, people are all fighting to be #1 and doing everything in there power to do it!

Let's Get Rid of it for good and just a list of open houses and when u click a catergory just show the houses open on the map filters too!

N

Neffyh

DGLita I agree with you thats a good idea. It gives everyone a chance. I just got here from AV and Ive spent hrs at my house and no one has come. And when I go to the top 100 there are tons of house that are offline. So I agree we should make it the top 100 houses that are open!

G

The top 100 seems to work well for Money and Skill lots.
There you need a lot of sims to make max money, or skill.

The top 100 seems to work very badly for Store lots.

I do think the top 100 needs to be revised, and changed into something that is well thought out - so it prevents the need to make extra storesitting sims just to get on the list.
We had a #1 store for about 3-4 months back in 2004. But it required us to work shifts there, some nights we didn't even sleep. We didn't fill it up with fake sims but we had a huge group of friends coming over to chat, we paid people to sit in our jail cell, we had obstacle courses and stuff like that and we were never afk. But it wore us out.
The game shouldn't wear people out like that.

Right now the game is "designed" for afk sims / bots, and that needs to change.
So many people who go to stores need to ask for prices on items and need personal service.
The game / the top 100 list need to promote lots that have personal service.

Programming-wise, I suppose the current top 100 list is the easiest to maintain - it only needs to be updated once per day. If we have a dynamic top 100, it has to do a search on all open lots every time someone clicks on the list. That might cause a huge amount of lag and performance issues. I guess it depends on the algorithm and cleverness of the programmers. Maybe it can be done, it would be better than the current system but it would not address all the problems.

We need to find a good system for this, one that works for both skill/money and store lots, and hopefully rewards stores that are not afk.

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW GREAT IDEA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i think this is the answer if we have to have a top 100 list, just show the top 100 open properties, that way everyone gets a chance.

<font color="purple">Well if this is a poll, I completely agree with these guys! </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree too, lose the top 100 list.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lose it or tweak it.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

I like the idea... for another goal for people. The way it is now-people can make however many accounts they want if they want to pay the $$ to sit sims on their property for a long time... is not good. I think a filter approach is good enough until that is fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 100% agree with this statement : )
im tired of seeing ppl have there own sim who is the roomie or owner then they bring there sim from there 2nd account who doesnt live there and they just keep them there all day. like have you ever been to a store or house and you see the SAME ppl everytime. you think at first they must love the place, but then you noticed they leave as soon as that certain person does lol

G

I talked to Maxis Luc in game there might be a bug with the top 100 list now but he's going to look into it for us he said as I've explained to him that I should be on it but i'm not!