• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

POLL - What's Your UO Top Priority?

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, I just wanted to test the polling feature on the temporary forums. :)

EDIT: Anti-Cheaking? Oops... Anti-Cheating, obviously. LOL.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Non of them

My top priority is a split in PvP and normal shards or at least a unified ruleset so everyone can enjoy their playstyle on all the facets without ruin each others game.

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a good one. :)

Polls are limited to 10 choices, so I went with the first 10 that popped into my head.

K

Kyle

No Bandaid patches for the cheating/scripting, just a fix that only hurts them and not the rest of the community.

*Eyes rotting pile of BOS in corner suspiciously*

T

T_Amon_from_work

Non of them

My top priority is a split in PvP and normal shards or at least a unified ruleset so everyone can enjoy their playstyle on all the facets without ruin each others game.
Seems to me you had one whale of a great idea for unified handling. I'd like to see that out in the open again!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm surprised that 'crafting revamp' got so many votes. Do people not realize the crafting changes/fixes that went in with the last publish? Its easy to turn out some pretty decent armor/weapons even with low end runics now.

I'd be interested in what people think a 'crafting revamp' would look like.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Factions: Their never going to be as good imo as they were pre aos so I don't see the point.
PVP balance: With the exception of pets it is imo the best (balance wise) it's been since aos.
Anti Cheating/Hacking: Theres only so much I think they can do and it's a continual thing they work on.
Crafting revamp: Don't really know what you mean by that. It'd be good to see an end to scriptable kits.
More content: Ongoing imo.
More live events: Ongoing imo.
Virtue system: I am confident that it will be finished.
Loot rebalanced: It always seem to be all or nothing imo.
KR: Waste of time.
SA: Probably more pets and land mass.

Thats my opinion on those but my top UO priority would be to see the day the other classes caught up to how much unique content tamers have had.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be interested in what people think a 'crafting revamp' would look like.
The next crafting revamp will have the following:
Red will incur stat loss upon death.
Reds will incur skill loss upon death.
Greater Dragon will now only take up one pet slot.
Archers can now do two specials at once.
Mages can no longer use any spells on themsleves like cure heal etc if they have the magic resist skill. The magic resist will resist the heal spell and cure spell.
Chivalry will allow people to drink pots with two handed weapons armed.

Yup that seems about right!! :D

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Seems to me you had one whale of a great idea for unified handling. I'd like to see that out in the open again!
You mean this one? Just one of many of my ideas :)
Now lot test if this forum can handle long texts ;)

I would make a single unified rule set included a PvP switch

I don't believe many would quit if we made Fel ruleset for all facets, special not if we added a switch, that will make it possible to choose to become a non PvP'er, if ready to accept less advantage.

We would need a color flag more, Maybe purple unless the GM's use that color.

Players will start out as blue (PvP off).
A blue player can't be attacked of players they are not in war with.
A blue player can't be looted of players they are not in war with.
A blue player can't be stolen from of players they are not in war with.
A blue player can challenge an other blue player or green player to duel. This will be a no loot duel where the player will raise with all their items.
A blue player will go grey from crim against npc's, but can't be attacked of players.
A blue player can't attack, loot or steal from purple(PvP) or red(PK) player without turning PvP or PK flag on
A blue player can't heal, cure, buff or res a purple(PvP) or red(PK) player without turning PvP flag on

Purple (PvP on) and with PvP in their tag
Players can turn on PvP, it will then stay to they turn it off. There will be a delay of 5 min after their last PvP action against reds and 1 hour after their last PvP action against purple.
Attacking, stealing from or looting a red player will reset the 5 min and if the player are blue, it will make the blue player purple for min 5 min.
A purple player will gain 2x resources from loot or resource spawn and he will gain 2x fame.
Healing, cure, buff or res a purple(PvP) or red(PK) player will reset the 5 min PvP timer.
Looting a npc corpes killed of a purple(PvP) or red(PK) player will reset the 5 min PvP timer.
Attacking or looting a purple player will turn a PK flag on and turn the player red for 1 hour (ingame)
I have a problem with thieves here, maybe they also should have 1 hour red PK flag but will be able to hide it. If they are in thief guild, the PK flag will only show for 5 min, then they will look purple until attacked. Attacking a thief with hidded PK tag will turn the thief PvP tag/color visible again for 5 min.

Red (PK on) and with PK in their tag
Old murderer count will be removed and red chars will get a 1 hour red PK flag/timer. If in town when they login with old counts they will be teleportet to their house or a house they are friended/accessed too.
Attacking or looting a purple player will turn a PK flag on and turn the player red for 1 hour (ingame)
Everytime the the PK do a new crim against a purple player it will reset the red flag to 1 hour.
Attacking, looting or stealing from an other red will only reset the purple 5 min flag (The red PK color will dominate)
Healing, cure, buff or res a purple(PvP) or red(PK) player will reset the 5 min PvP timer but not the 1 hour PK timer.
A red can't go to town, guards won't allow it. Going red in town will be a bad idea.

Warring enemies (orange)
Purple players will look orange to warring enemies but with PvP in their tag and flash purple each 5 sec.
Red players will look orange to warring enemies but with PK in their tag and flash red each 5 sec.
Attacking a orange with PvP or PK tag will not effect the PvP or the PK flag/timer
Healing, cure, buff or res a orange with PvP or PK tag will start/reset the 5 min PvP flag/timer.
Orange can not attack each others in non Factions town. That will count for guildwars too.
Players in factions will also gain 2x resources and fame but players in guildwars won't unless they are PvP flaget too.
Faction will be active on all facets
Factions taxes will only effect Factions players

Other rules
No trading between PK/PvP and non PvP char outside town unless in a house one of them own or are friended too. PK's and PvP chars can trade just not with a non PvP char. The non PvP char will have to turn pvp on first.
A Non PvP'er can't pick up items from ground placed of a PvP or PK char and can't loot a PvP or PK corpes or creature killed of a PvP or PK char. He can choose to turn PvP on to do it.
A PvP'er or PK can't pick up items from ground placed of a non PvP char and can't loot a non PvP corpes or creature killed of a non PvP char.

No looting of other non PvP corpes or creature killed of an other non PvP player unless green or orange or in party.

PvP players can loot each others corpes and creature killed of a PvP player but will become grey.

No healing between PvP and non PvP chars. Ressing would be ok, also of pets.

No blocking between PvP and non PvP chars or between non PvP players.

Guilds/chars can only switch once a month. It will take 2 weeks before it take effect.

Pets would have same color as their master and same PvP flag. That mean a non PvP pet can't be attacked and pets can't be traded between PvP'ers/PK and non PvP'ers in the wilderness.
Here is a problem with friended pets, think a friended pets color will be effected of any friend/owner on screen, so if a blue owner and a purple friend to the pet are on the screen, the pet will be purple for maybe 20 sec after the purple friend leave the screen

With this rules, we do not need the trammel rules, all facets will have this ruleset.

Some non PvP'er will find it unfair, that purple PvP'er and Factions will get 2x resources and fame, but it's fair enough, they can easy lose 50% to red PK's or to Faction enemies.
Red PK's won't get 2x resources and fame.

If you logout with a flag and x mins timer, you still will have the x mins when you login next day.

There will still be a problem with players macroing of the timer as ghost or in house. Think it should be ok with the purple PvP flag but not with the red PK flag.
Maybe it should not be possible to macro of the PK flag as ghost or in a house.

Even when many will fear to go purple it won't mean everyone will attack them. They will mainly have to look out for reds, most other purple won't attack.

-------------------------------
I had an other and more simple system :)

The problem is, if you concentrate the PvP'er on a few shards, it will be to hardcore for the middle group. It would be better to changes the rules to make it more easy to find a target.

What I want from it:

1. More simple, we do not need several different PvP systems, 1-2 is enough
2. It still need to protect players who don't want to PvP, but without protecting Noto PK's and grieffers.
3. It need to be the same on all facets.

How to do it?

1. Remove all systems and flags and start over. Make one war system, factions with some fix may work. The murderer system will be fine too, if it get some fix.
a. If a blue attack an other blue, he will become grey for 2 min. The curser will be in the color of the players flaging. If a blue is killed of a red, his insurance will auto renew without cost for him.
b. The victim can choose to fight back or run. If the victim do fight back, he will become grey too.
c. Auto attack when hit of a player need to be a choose in options, than can be turned off.
d. If a grey kill a grey, it will be a PvP kill and no punishe for it, but if a grey kill a blue, he will become red. (we need a fix for suicide here)
f. A red will not be able to insure items, and he won't get insurance money when he kill a blue. It will take 10 hours for a red count to decay.
g. If a blue or grey attack a red, they will keep their color, that mean, a red can fight grey without getting more counts but if he kill a blue he will get a count more unless the blue was attacking him first, then he won't get a new count.

How will this changes PvP?

1. Not many will want to be red, so killing an unwilling blue will hurt.
2. It will allow all to challenge someone and if their victim accept = fight back, they got a fight. If the victim do not accept, the attacker can stop the attack and won't become red.
3. A blue who don't want to fight will make his killer red if he choose not to fight back and do die. If he damage him self, he will become grey, so killing him self will not make the attacker red. Also having a friend kill him, will make the friend red.
4. Sure life will be harder as red, but we will get alot grey PvP and Noto PK's can't hide behind a blue flag unless the target is red.
5. It may sound bad, that fighting back will make you grey, but anyone who want to noto kill you will become grey too. Tracking may be a good thing to know how many there is around hidded.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is what i would like as a crafting revamp

new bod rewards added
items that can be crafted need to be added as options for large bods example elven items

either a bod system for carpentry with rewards such as display cases, full book cases,jewlery boxes. maybe for tailoring a garden seed pack a reagent bag a garmet bag quivers for weapon carrying or better yet being able to craft them even if not a sort system the abitity of like 5 items to count as one

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was torn between Anti-Cheating and crafting, but since crafting just receive a whole lotta luv, I'll go with anti-cheating.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's really tough to nail down one single thing on that list, the ones I believe need the most work...

Cheating - I always oppose any sort of cheating, scripting, exploiting or speedhacking, especially those who make real life profit off scripting and exploiting.

PvP/Factions - I believe PvP is fairly balanced now, with some exceptions of course, but exceptions have always existed. What PvP needs now is incentives, such as a full factions revamp, or new PvP system like factions that encourages not just the hardcore PvP'ers to battle, but the casual player to PvP and venture to Felucca once again.

Live Events/Content - I believe these two should be tied in together. I think they are doing a good job with this now, although bringing back a Seer type program, or having the devs interact more with the events to make them seem less scripted would be a good thing.

Crafting - A revamp of the boring systems to do two things, the first being stopping scripters from profiting off the monotone crafting chores, and the second making them accessible and enjoyable to the average player. The wood randomization change, and the current way BODS and Heartwood quests work encourage scripting over normal play. A fix for crafting is also a fix for scripting.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Non of them

Even WOW doesn't do that. You have the PVP elements and the PVM elements. While there may be servers which are more PVP (IE: Siege Perilous) the PvE servers still have PVP in them. UO doesn't balance them very well right now, but splitting into different server types would be a huge undertaking and might cause more harm than good at this point.

T

TheSilverHammer

My top priority? It should be their top priority too.

Fix the serious and numerous bugs in the KR client. If you want people to use it so much and are forcing everyone to use it for the next expansion (if and when it comes out) you better have a much more stable 3d client.

It just crashes at the drop of a hat. Sometimes it runs for an hour or two with no problems, yet other times as soon as you login, insta crash. If I get killed and rezzed, I know I can't do this more then 6 times before KR will crash.

Using too many moongates (player or natural) will cause it to crash. I know If I wanted to use moongates to travel to each city, I could not complete the circuit without KR crashing.

Then there are the non-crash issues that are just really annoying:

Circle Transparency when logging in will be turned on in the UI, but not actually be on. Sometimes it is on, but frequently it is not.

When it *is* on, it shows the ground (as in grass). This can be problematic if you want to see what you really are standing on, such as the pad of your house that is blocked by another building (You cant see it because its behind the back corner of another building). Sometimes I can't loot monsters behind trees because even the monsters are not drawn, just the grass.

Lots of magical effects do not work or do not work very often. It is rare for me to see the flame strike graphics. I have seen it, but mostly I do not. I have never seen chain lighting, and I am pretty sure I have never seen lighting either, but I might have.

Each time you log in, having to bring up the radar / compass is very annoying, but this is a low-priority fix.

Some else that is really annoying is the slotted bag space when the client decides to put items half way down the grid even though there are like 80 empty squares above it.

Beyond bugs, it needs polish. Why can't i see my carry weight? I noticed (and this is not intuitive) that you can drag the weight icon from the character panel down to the hotkey bar. This displays the weight you have, but takes up a hotkey slot. Meanwhile there is this HUGE decorative bar going down the middle. Make it useful, let me put more stuff there.

The auto-make stuff gump for the trade skills is almost nice, though it never updates the real difficulty values until you select something from another category. It should not stop on fails. yes, I can get 200 sets of materials and grind it all out at the press of a button. Without getting into the game mechanics, its just not fun sitting there waiting like that. I might as well get up and do some laundry and put my time to use while my toon grinds some trade skill. Just put the last step in to not stop on failures. Ill go till I make my goal or run out of materials. Its not like I can load my guy with 10,000 stones of goods and start him going before I go to work.

The best thing you could do is allow LUA scripting like WoW does and provide a limited API that will help prevent the macroing which you hate so much.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I detest cheakers. Damn cheakers. *nods* I would like to see RoT given a Dev once over as well.

L

Loqucious

1. SA
2. PVP
3. crafting
4. KR

all the rest are equally important to me but not as important as my top 4.

R

Ronald's Fun House

Something I'd like: revamping classic weapons to match Mondain's Legacy/SE. Tired of using elven junk.

And is it illegal to have a double-sided, straight bladed sword that's fast? Whoever did the speed for longsword way back when should get shot. :eek: Also anytime there's a broadsword, longsword, viking sword that's special (museum, arti, 10th anni) they're all crap and have 0 SSI. Great.

Done ranting. Thanks. :)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This was an easy one.

Anti-Cheating/Hacking of course...

There´s nothing more I hate in this game than people that abuse it...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Polish KR, address the mountains of feedback and bug reports involved and get it to the point to completely replace Legacy (anyone who considers that a "waste of time" is free to "adapt or quit" IMO).