• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll on UO

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious who all feels they've basically moved on from UO I see a bunch of people on this forum talk about barely playing and wonder how many people still come here just to talk and how many actually still feel attached to UO, I've personally grown kind of skeptical about reactivating due to the lack of things to do on UO even though I'd like a sandbox game again.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still around but really busy with real life, so only quick view of the forum and very little game play atm.

Basically holding pattern on the so called announcement coming tomorrow.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still feel an attachment to UO but for me,it has become very boring. I can only play for so long by myself. I have never fit in,nor really tried to fit in,with the group I used to associate with. I just couldn't be the sheep they wanted me to be.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still feel an attachment to UO but for me,it has become very boring. I can only play for so long by myself. I have never fit in,nor really tried to fit in,with the group I used to associate with. I just couldn't be the sheep they wanted me to be.
Could not have said it better myself.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can keep things interesting by running 3 clients at almost the same time with CC and EC mix.

Managing that many characters at the same time is quit fun heh but yeah I can only do that for so long until my fingers and hands feel rusted with all the clicking and toggling between clients.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scarst,

When we talked about this a few weeks ago, you had the correct conclusion, much to my wallet's chagrin.

The project we joined bored the living tears out of me, and now I have 2 months of UO time until I "retire" again. Seeing as the Arr Pees are dead in the water, that leaves learning the new watching-bigger-status-lines stuff, which is surprisingly simple. Everything new that I've seen is either easy to do, or easy to do and takes forever.

So if I did go back a month to when I resubscribed, I wouldn't do it.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was very attached to UO. Was my first MMO. I still have many of great memories of the game I use to love.

I would like it to go back to the days of just being able to play and not having to be a scientest and mathematician. I think item properties got way out of hand. and keeping items forevere with PoF and insurance also ruined it. Just my opinion.

The more items they added and longevity of these items just made the community to drift farther apart. Everybody became self sufficient.

I still have a sentimental value to UO and would like it to be the game it should be again.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I had moved on but here I am back again after 3+ years.

I also miss the old days. Pub 15-16 era was the most fun PVPwise IMO, when factions was at it's height.

Also of course the early dread lord days...lots of good memories.

I still find the game to be enjoyable though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I struggled with letting go of UO and in all truth paid for a full year past any real interest in playing. But it was my first MMO, and there are still so many things, people and areas of UO that will always be dear to me. But when logging in is more a duty then a pleasure it is time to move on. This is a game that should have gone ftp years ago, but has trudged on gasping for breath in a gaming world that left them standing still where they should have led the charge.

The people I have met, the times I have enjoyed, the full glory of Ultima Onlines past will always be a part of me. But life moves on...

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mainly have 3 accounts holding houses. That is about it for the moment. Maybe once a week I can find time to give the rng a go to find magic arties. I might try to find more time for the new items in the new dungeons but its all going to take awhile.

IF anything happen to my houses, it would pretty much mean I am done.....

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Stops trying to lock pick NBG's house front door* Errrrr nothing to see here move along!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me poooor compare to some secret billionaires on Catskills... You would be surprised, I think Catskills is place where rich people go to retire hehe.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each and every one of you has affected my game play over the years. I too have times where I have trouble staying motivated to play UO. I know exactly what you mean Aedon, where logging in seems more like a chore and hindrance. To be honest, it was about 8-10 years or so ago that I began feeling that way. I was on the verge of quitting, but because I loved the game so much I thought of reasons to stay and it came down to the desire to achieve all game content that there was to complete and I did have fun for a while working on various projects, running guilds, going on various hunts and especially my return to the almighty PvP. To to be honest the PvP is the only thing left in the game for me that provides anything left that most resembles the thrill I used to get back in the day so these days I play for two reasons, the people and the pvp. I have been moving along (with periods of inactivity) ever since but I still find enjoyment in the game and this is still the best online game and it is still to a point "what we make out of it."

The flame for the most part has burnt out, but the few occasional times that you can cause a spark, and get a taste of the fun we had back in the day, make it worth it for me.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved the old DB4 and SX and all the other huge guilds fights at yew gate :)

The game was alive and vibrant then.

7ev

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Don't do it Paul!Don't go back.Fight that addiction man!You got off the smack and you can do it with uo too!
There you go man.You can do it!