• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll on Sigil Timer Length

G

I've started a poll on the Epic Factions forum to get feedback and discuss sigil timer length. It would be nice to get everyone's opinion on how long it should take to capture one.

Link to Sigil Poll

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if only we had a faction forum..... somewhere where we could post stuff about factions with other like minded faction people.... somewhere public...... and have polls and such....

damn i with we had a faction forum on stratics.

oh well, we can allways keep dreaming.

G

You don't have Stratics Plus. I don't have Stratics Plus. And I am not going to go hunting for someone again to post a simple poll.

You can also post your vote and reason in this topic if you like.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

if only we had a faction forum..... somewhere where we could post stuff about factions with other like minded faction people.... somewhere public...... and have polls and such....

damn i with we had a faction forum on stratics.

oh well, we can allways keep dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg, thats super genius!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Time required to corrupt a sigil; how long you can hold a stolen sigil before it pops back to where it came from; time required to stop corruption after you steal a sigil from someone else's base; how frequently sigils become stealable for town control.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carrying Time Limit: 1 Hour
Ability to reclaim sigil without restarting timer: 30 minutes (used to be 15)
Corrupted Town Sigil Lasts: 3 Days

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Time required to corrupt a sigil; how long you can hold a stolen sigil before it pops back to where it came from; time required to stop corruption after you steal a sigil from someone else's base; how frequently sigils become stealable for town control.

[/ QUOTE ]
Carrying Time Limit: 1 Hour
Ability to reclaim sigil without restarting timer: 30 minutes (used to be 15)
Corrupted Town Sigil Lasts: 3 Days

[/ QUOTE ]

JC, I'm pretty sure that currently you can only carry a sigil for about 20 minutes without placing it in your base before it pops back to where it came from. And I'm 99.9% certain that you only have to hold a sigil for 15 minutes to make it stop corrupting for the faction you stole it from.

I can't access the other forum right now. How's the discussion on the 10 hour sigil corruption timer going? If you're interested in my opinion, I don't want to see it change back to 24 hours unless we see a serious influx of more players into factions. I also don't really want to see the timer shortened. Ten hours works for me; twelve hours would also be acceptable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sigil corruption time is now 10 hours. The grace period is now 30 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]
Publish 27 Update Design Document

As for carrying time, I am not aware of any change that has ever been made to it. Originally it was 1 hour.

18 hours has 4 votes
12/24/Don't Care have 3 votes each

G

The problem with 10 hours is someone can start guarding at server up and shortly after Noon they are captured. It shouldn't be possible to corrupt sigils outside of prime time.

I

imported_Cardell

I think the sigs should be held for 14-ish hours. 24 was great for when the factions were packed with people and there was constant raiding and defending. Now 24 hours is just way to long and its hard for smaller guilds to have enough people to defend at all times of the day. But with 10 hours its too easy for a guild to plan one day a week to wake up at server up and hold till noonish. The time should be based on how active the factions are.

C

Calibretto

More time I'd agree with. But less time is not really a good idea imo.

G

My vote:

Decrease the 10 hour corruption time to 4-6 hours.
Increase the 3 day period to 1 week

Otherwise the timers are good.

G

I certainly hope your vote gets misplaced. Four hours? That is ridiculous. Wake up, steal sigils, eat Breakfast, capture towns before Lunch. Repeat every week because no one can show up.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont mind the 10 hours.

i could go longer if they wanted to move it back longer, but i stronglly disagree with making the town hold for longer.
3 days is allready WAY to long.

a week would totally kill factions.

as it is no one comes out and fights UNLESS there are sigs to steal and defend.
no, if anything make the town hold shorter.

that would make MORE faction battles.
and would also screw up the guys getting all 8 towns at once.

think obout it.
when do we fight in factions.
when the sigils are in play.
make the sigils in play more = more fights.

seeing as all the perks from owning the towns are dead right now anyways town ownership means nothing other then bragging rights.

time to steal sigs and hold before it auto pops back = 1 hour.
time to 'pop' reset a sigil = 15 minutes
BUT, sigil will NOT be reset if is is allready corupted to a faction.
only putting it on your sigil stone and holding it for 10 hours will uncorupt it and corupt it to you.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I think it should be changed.

Corruption - 18 hours (I'm biased, I work ~12 per day).
Reset - 20 mins (Should be 15 minutes if it stays 10 for corruption)
Capture - 3 days (Should be 1 day if it stays 10 for corruption)

My Reasons:

Corruption: You shouldn't be able to corrupt the sigil over the course of a workday, but it happens all the time. Extend it by 8 hours so everybody has a chance to save the sigils.

Reset - 30 minutes is a long time. The fact of the matter is that factions are only alive when the sigils are up and moving. It should be very difficult to take the towns without guarding them heavily.

Capture - 3 days is fine if you spent 18 hours guarding sigils closely. If the 10 hour timer is kept, it should be one. If you can corrupt it while I'm at work, you should only be able to keep it for a day so I can try again.

EDIT: n00bitry ftw!