• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll - Location of TOL Forum

Where is the best location for the Time of Legends forum?

• Exactly where it is

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • As a sub-forum in Uhall

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The problem is, I don't want a TOL forum, as TOL is an so important part of the game or more correct are the game now.
Returning and active players will look at UHall for info, They won't find it, if not on UHall.
Players, who panic because they don't understand the changes to gold and bank, will still make a new post "I lost all my gold in bank, help" if they can't find the info on UHall.
The castle building threads, if they have to be moved to other forum, UO Homes and Castles are the place they will look.
Anything else should stay on UHall, as it is a part of the game we play now.
If players use search, most will use "search this forum only" and won't find info in other forums.
If we can't move the posts back, I will choose the option "As a sub-forum in Uhall" as they easier can find out of looking there too.

Sorry but that's my opinion

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Having TOL related posts in here just makes more sense. Easier for all to find -- for both frequent startics users and casual browsers. The people who post here don't represent all Stratics users. We have more casual browsers here than you think. As an example, people from my guild come in here, but don't have accounts, and want to be able to find things quick and easy. Segregating the TOL posts and information into a seperate forum allows that to be easier.

The notion that information can only be found n Uhall is totally false. People go to the professions forums all the time when looking for template help - experienced and inexperienced players alike. We need to stop assuming our community is too stupid to be able to find anything. The TOL forum is RIGHT NEXT to Uhall. What is so hard about that?

We have separate sub-forums in Stratics for the purpose of putting certain topics in one place for everyone to find. Uhall is too comprehensive of everything else that it needs to be cluttered with TOL info right now too. Maybe when the TOL posts die down, they can be in Uhall... but for the past few months, atleast half (if not more) of all posts in Uhall were related to TOL.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
19 results from the poll is a good indicator that no one even knows to come here. Put this poll in UHall and see what results you get.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
19 results from the poll is a good indicator that no one even knows to come here. Put this poll in UHall and see what results you get.
It can now be accessed from either forum.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The problem is, I don't want a TOL forum, as TOL is an so important part of the game or more correct are the game now.
Returning and active players will look at UHall for info, They won't find it, if not on UHall.
Players, who panic because they don't understand the changes to gold and bank, will still make a new post "I lost all my gold in bank, help" if they can't find the info on UHall.
The castle building threads, if they have to be moved to other forum, UO Homes and Castles are the place they will look.
Anything else should stay on UHall, as it is a part of the game we play now.
If players use search, most will use "search this forum only" and won't find info in other forums.
If we can't move the posts back, I will choose the option "As a sub-forum in Uhall" as they easier can find out of looking there too.

Sorry but that's my opinion
The thing is, people shouldn't be going to UHall for all their information on various foci of the game at all. We have all these wonderful forums for crafting, skills etc. Even the description of the forum is that it is for general meaning non-specific discussion of the game play, and the reason we have created forums for Stygian Abyss and Time of Legends to start with. Trying to put everything into Uhall diminishes Stratics as a whole as it creates a garbled mess of a wide variety of topics. If it's a problem with something that is very general, like a flaw with a mechanic in the game, like the new banking system that is one thing, but if it's information on the Dragon Turtle, or one of creatures in Eldon, that is specific.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What i think would work for all is to have the current expansion (in this case, ToL) as a subforum of UHall for ease in access.
When a new expansion is released, then ToL will be moved out on its own as was done with the other expansions, and then that newer expansion would be the subforum in UHall.

is how it was done in the past, eh?

Leprechaun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ummm...Where is it now? I came here looking for it.
I have looked at it before and can't find it now.
I vote to put it as a sub under UHall.

Leprechaun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
O0ps!:oops:
My bad DJAd, I missed it up there with the advertisements.
I am so used to scrolling past the flashing banners I did not see the thread.
It even took me awhile after reading your reply to find it.o_O

Now that I do see it, I vote to change the icon to a T-Rex or something in an eye catching tiger stripe pattern.o.0

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You don't need a separate forum for ToL. UO = ToL now. It's all the same thing and a waste of resources to make a whole forum for it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How's about a private forum Flutter? *winks*

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo behave.....Flutter stop teasing him........hehhe

ok down to business... I went looking for stuff on the new publish....... finding it was hell.
Put it in u-hall or a sub of...
my 2 cents