• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Polearms and range. True or just talk? (about lockpicking too)

G

Hello, I am not a tottaly new to the game, but neither am I even close of being called veteran, so I will make a quite silly question.

Is it true that polearms (spears, lances, halberds...) have a range of 1 or 2 tiles? I have read this somewhere over the web.

I know, I know... "just log in and test it yourself!" but I have been without internet access for the last month and will remain that way for at least another 2 months. I just check e-mails at paid internet stores meanwhile.

Another one... suppose I am hiding close to a dungeon chest and I try to pick the lock. Will that unhide me?

I made lots of searchings but did not find anything about it here on the forums.

Thanks in advance

G

If I remeber right, while polearms should have a range effect (1 or 2 tiles), it just makes sense, I do not believe they have this.

As far a lockpicking goes, I believe that you can remove trap and open the lock while hidden but when you actually open the chest, you are unhidden.

S

slasherofveils

lockpicking and remove trap work fine while hidden

When you open the box, it will unhide you, but if you hide after its open, you can loot from it fine *NOTE* this does not apply to Tmap chests, they unhide you whenever you loot anything.

A

afreespirit

<blockquote><hr>

lockpicking and remove trap work fine while hidden

When you open the box, it will unhide you, but if you hide after its open, you can loot from it fine *NOTE* this does not apply to Tmap chests, they unhide you whenever you loot anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stay hidden when opening dungeon chests.

I

imported_Ozymandies

No.

Lockpicking will keep you hidden.

Hitting the remove trap skill will unhide you immediately, before you target anything.

Opening and removing things from the chest can be done whilst hidden.

OZ

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Polearm range... 1

Bandage other/pet... 2

pick lock... 2

G

Thank you everyone for the answers. I think I will be able to play UO again sooner than I first thought.

ParadoxUO, you say that the range of polearm is 1 tile. Mmmm... er... but that means that you can hit someone that is in the 1 tile next to me (ADJACENT, like all other hand-to-hand weapons) or someone that has one tile BETWEEN?

I think I will try a treasure hunter, you people may count on free map decoding as my thanks!