• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poisoning questions

G

I have a couple of things I was wondering about poisoning. First is, why the timer? I never understood why some passive skills can be spammed like mad and others have the super fun delay. I can mine continuously all day and never get tired but I have to pause between poisoning a blade....

Also why is there even a chance of me poisoning myself when poisoning food? Do you hold the food item in your mouth while poisoning it? I can sort of see nicking myself on a blade while poisoning it, but food? That's just silly.....

Rey~

G

On the timer....

I have no idea, it's just the way it is. Perhaps one of folks with more time in game can realte a story about how it was implemented.

On poisoning yourself....

The is a message that comes up on the left side of your screen when it happens but I can't remember what it says. This isn't unusual. It happens in other skills as well upon failure. I guess the devs at the time thought there should be some consequence to training some skills. Or perhaps, the player would have to develop some other skills before trying out one of the harder ones. You no longer poison yourself when you hit 80 skill level.

In short, I really don't have an answer to your question except to say: That's the way it is. Perhaps someone here can provide us a history lesson on how this evolved.

Q