• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

poisoning + Magery

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know a combine 200 gives you the max opportunity to inflict the greatest damage

Is it real skill?

Example, will 100 magery +20 enhance (120 magery) and 80 poisoning give the same results as 100 magery and 100 poisoning?

H

HongKongCavalier

i know a combine 200 gives you the max opportunity to inflict the greatest damage

Is it real skill?

Example, will 100 magery +20 enhance (120 magery) and 80 poisoning give the same results as 100 magery and 100 poisoning?
I'm running exactly that; 100 magery +20 from Crystalline Ring = 120 magery and 80 poisoning.

I get the deadly poison message "--- is wracked with extreme pain" when poisoning.

I believe deadly poison is still the highest castable level, so magery doesn't have to be real skill.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe its natural/enhanced 100 magery/poison after publish 71, if you want the 10% chance to cast lethal. Otherwise the old natural/enhanced 120/80 still works for deadly.

I had mixed results with the RNG and casting with the 120/80. Before pub 71 you'd get maybe a 1 in 30 chance of hitting a DP that would be blessed by the pot RNG gods, where your opponent seemed to be unable to chug to get rid of the poison. The difference for the power of your DP didn't appear to matter if it was enhanced or natural at 120/100 or 100/80.

Can't say how accurate the new pub info is, but it does seem to have a decent effect at champs with 100 magery (geared up to 120) and 100 poison.

In general if your skills are modified by jewelry the effects still take place so long as that jewelry is equipped.

Logrus was the developer fielding many of the questions I'd recommending searching for his posts.
Sorry about the wording. No plans for 120 poisoning yet.
For casting Lesser Poison through deadly poison, Average skill is factored.
So you can cast deadly on your mage with 120 magery/80 poison.
To cast Lethal you must have GM poison and at least GM magery. (Higher than 100 magery does not increase the chance.)
--Fields: Poison fields inherit much of the attributes of the caster so they should be affected by the poison changes.
uoguide.com has some info on publish 71 Publish 71 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

There are some bits about the changes in pub 71 on stratics here
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-test-center/246043-publish-71-a.html

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Inflicting DP with 200+ Magery/Poisoning is not dependent on real skill. Masteries however, are. If you want to use the Poison Mastery abilities, then it does scale with real skill.
Unfortunately, with 50% EP being so easy to get nowadays, and the prevalence of pot chugging scripts in PvP, DP gets cured pretty quickly in PvP.