• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

poison/Warrior

• Thread starter PizzaTheHut
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

PizzaTheHut

To start out with, I have been playing mages for a while now and i want to venture to something else.. A warrior. Strictly PvP based. Temp follows bye the basics heal, anatomy, fencing, tactics, resist ect. But i have straight warriors isn't were its at right now.. I wanna be able to tweak it out.. I have just raised poison to 100, been hearing bout ninja and bushido. I was seeing if there is a temp to incorp poison into a warrior and make a bad ass pvp temp. been trying to think of some but just not working.. any ideas

was thinking of doing 2 weapon warrior with poison?

R

RichDC

First of may not be a huge thing but thats 20 "wasted" points in posoning, for DP you only need 80.

Thats where my lesson ends, im not much good at PvP temps (or PvM for that matter :p)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nox/bush/parry dexer probably the way to go.

wep 120
tact 100
anat 90
heal 90
bush 120
parry120
psn 80

I have a nox swords/archer which is kind of fun.. I run around with a cleaver and bleed/dp before switching to a crossbow.

sword 120
arch 120
tact 120
anat 100
heal 90
psn 80
med 90

T

Turdnugget

If you were on Baja, you could buy my two weapons and be king...

Double Bladed Staff: Specials: Infectious Strike/Double Strike
40 Fireball
48 HLD
46 HLA
30 SSI
42 DI

Pike: Specials: Paralyze/Infectious Strike
38 Stamina Leech
42 Lightning
51 Mana Leech
44 HLD
30 SSI

P

PizzaTheHut

Nice i appreciate it.. Just trying to figure some ways to go.

How would a ninja,fence, tactics, stealth, hide, poison, bush go?

to many skills involved?

or would it be better fit just to use the double weapon aspect?

R

RichDC

Just worked a few numbers and you could work that temp,

120fence
120bush
110ninja
100stealth
100hiding
90tactics
80poison

Then try to use items (like the ninja stealth mark) to boost stealth and ninja up to maximise deathstrike damage.

not sure but it looks like youd be lacking Defense so it wuold need to be a quick kill template, could work im not sure how effectively though.

C

Chaosy

If you were on Baja, you could buy my two weapons and be king...

Double Bladed Staff: Specials: Infectious Strike/Double Strike
40 Fireball
48 HLD
46 HLA
30 SSI
42 DI

Pike: Specials: Paralyze/Infectious Strike
38 Stamina Leech
42 Lightning
51 Mana Leech
44 HLD
30 SSI
Only problem is you can't use potions with two-handed weapons!

P

PizzaTheHut

yea.. i was thinking of it stricly offensive, maybe a 2 or more party.. so i can do quick unsuspected attack, quick hits and then let partner follow with a kill.. but then it would be only good for that.. after that im a dead turkey in middle of thanksgiving

G

gmcbroom

Isn't that weapon special serpent arrow a poison attack? Could that do the trick? Plus if the weapon is balanced you should be able to use a potion right?

P

PizzaTheHut

also i was trying to work the build as well without strictly offensive.. trying to more balanced..

fencing
tactics
magery
eval
poison
resist or parry

rest in med from leftova poison.

i know i would have to get good lmc or mana regen.. hows this sound?

I've got a couple of builds to write down and see what bests suit me..
Hell I appreciate it .. couldnt of done it any other way.. that why Uo still holds it owns against every 1 cause of the damn playas..!

C

Chaosy

also i was trying to work the build as well without strictly offensive.. trying to more balanced..

fencing
tactics
magery
eval
poison
resist or parry

rest in med from leftova poison.

i know i would have to get good lmc or mana regen.. hows this sound?

I've got a couple of builds to write down and see what bests suit me..
Hell I appreciate it .. couldnt of done it any other way.. that why Uo still holds it owns against every 1 cause of the damn playas..!
This template looks better on paper than it works having tested it before. With the poisoning and tactics, your ideal weapon would be a kryss, however with low tactics and DI your AI damage is going to suck. That doesn't even factor in how much mana you're going to be spending using specials and casting spells, and having low med is going to hurt. Since you also can't use a special and cast a spell at the same time, it makes it harder to time your attacks. This is not saying the template wouldn't work though. If you decide to build it, I'd go with the resist simply because you wouldn't want to dump all those stat points into dex to parry, then not be able to chug with your shield and weapon. My favorite builds use either tactics or poisoning (tac/chiv mage vs. nox/necro mage).

P

picco

I have a fencer-poisoner with this template
120 fence
120 parry
120 rs
100 heal
100 anta
90 tact
100 poison

I have 725 skillcap+25 skill from jevels
I wanted to change rs to chivarly+medit. << It's a good idea??
When not,what must I change to make a good build?

ps. Sory for my english.

P

PizzaTheHut

Will there be a way to run a archer, fencer, poisoner?

i was thinking of stoning my archery and moving it to my fencer.. to make my tamer a straight pvm.. i dont think my archer/ tamer going to do what i wanted..
has any 1 used a 2 weapon skill with poison and how effective is it?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will there be a way to run a archer, fencer, poisoner?

i was thinking of stoning my archery and moving it to my fencer.. to make my tamer a straight pvm.. i dont think my archer/ tamer going to do what i wanted..
has any 1 used a 2 weapon skill with poison and how effective is it?
Template is listed above in my first reply... Most people carry cure pots so carry a bleed weapon in case they are chugging cures.

P

picco

I'm renewing my question..
So, what's the best warrior(fencer)-poisoner template, i'll use it for duels 1v1 on a arena 10x10.
Is the build with chiv or with bush better(the last option is the hybrid dex-mage).

ps. How much healing+anatomy must I have to cure lethal poison ever?

G

gjohnson5

Isn't that weapon special serpent arrow a poison attack? Could that do the trick? Plus if the weapon is balanced you should be able to use a potion right?
Yes , elven composite long bow has the serpent arrow strike as a secondary skill. The strike will check your poisoning skill levels and "determine" if you succeed in poisoning the target and at what strength you poison the target.

And yes , with a balanced bow you should be able to use cure/heal potions

C

Chaosy

I'm renewing my question..
So, what's the best warrior(fencer)-poisoner template, i'll use it for duels 1v1 on a arena 10x10.
Is the build with chiv or with bush better(the last option is the hybrid dex-mage).

ps. How much healing+anatomy must I have to cure lethal poison ever?
As long as you have at least enough healing and anatomy to not fail bandages (90 skill in both), you're good to go for curing poisons.

There is no best template, only what you're comfortable with. If you want a nox fencer, you're gonna be cramped for points.

P

picco

It's a good build?:
120 fence
100(120) parr
90 heal
100 anat
100 tact
80 pois
65 chiv
70(50) med
130hp/120dex/85mana
Is 65 chivarly enought?
I have now 3fc and 5fcr. is it to low? must i have 4/6 to be useful in pvp?
So as i said i want use this char only for duels with mages(necro) and warriors(most of their are classical pois-warriors). Is better 120 parr+50medit or 100 parr and 70 medit? Thanks In Advance!

C

Chaosy

It's a good build?:
120 fence
100(120) parr
90 heal
100 anat
100 tact
80 pois
65 chiv
70(50) med
130hp/120dex/85mana
Is 65 chivarly enought?
I have now 3fc and 5fcr. is it to low? must i have 4/6 to be useful in pvp?
So as i said i want use this char only for duels with mages(necro) and warriors(most of their are classical pois-warriors). Is better 120 parr+50medit or 100 parr and 70 medit? Thanks In Advance!
65 chiv should be fine if you only use it for consecrate, divine fury, and the occasional heal. 4/6 is ideal, but since you have anat + heal you should be okay. You're going to want to carry a lot of apples and trapped boxes with you if you plan on dueling necromages though.

Edit: I'd go for more meditation since mana vamp is going to kill you.

P

picco

Big thx Chaosy!
So i have now an idea.
As i'm fighting on 1v1 with a warrior i'll use this kryss:
40di
48hml
43h light
46 hla
(I have hld from the m&s reading glasses.)
so my fc/fcr would be 3/6.
But when i'm fighting a mage i'll use this kryss:
40di
1 fc
45hml
42h fb
then my fc/fcr would be 4/6.
It's a good idea? A mage can easier disturb my spells so more fc is better!!? I give to my build 60 med and 75 chiv, because I want use remove curse(not all time), i haven't rs and for apples is a colldown=15sec, so i can't us them all time. With 60 med my all mr would be 11(6 from med, 3 from rbc, 2from my sleeves).

P

picco

Yes ofc:thumbsup: ,my dci/hci is 45/47.
I have a question to the poisoning skill:
What's the chance to deal deadly poison potion to a weapon, with 80 poisoning skill?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been partial to nox/necro templates. That's if you have the right gear.

120 swords
105 Necro
120 SS
120 Resist
90 Tactics
100 Poison
65 chiv

Use a cleaver. Nox/bleed/strangle is pretty cool to watch.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I been partial to nox/necro templates. That's if you have the right gear.

120 swords
105 Necro
120 SS
120 Resist
90 Tactics
100 Poison
65 chiv

Use a cleaver. Nox/bleed/strangle is pretty cool to watch.
Yes. This is the type of way to run things. Regular poisoning template is a waste. Mixing in spells will prevent whoever you're attacking from doing anything. Almost anyone packs pots to basically nullify poisoner templates. I don't have any exact template like this, but it works. Hard part is the suit...the rest is easy.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes but he is discussing more dexxer type template. But what you said is what I do. Mix that in with spells.