• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poison pet.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was thinking about these pets with 100% poison damage.
Are they any good as an all round type pet or do most mobs these days have high poison resist?

Only time i ever used a 100% weapon was for melee training on a golem.

Also i know i can get 100% poison on the new Drakes, any other pets have it?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure...

One thing I enjoy is the Dread Spiders have 100% Poison Resist... Making them awesome when fighting things that continually poison your pet... Pets go down pretty fast when they are continually having to cure... but that's not an issue with the Spider though I can't seem to get mine to do a whole heck of a lot of damage it can really take a licking...

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One thing I have noticed is that if your pet has 100% poison they seem to auto cure it!! makes it a pain to train healing on your CU....... That's how I found out :)

Trill

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sorry what was a miss type what I meant was a 100 skill in poison. :dunce:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, you got me a little too excited then. Was just kitting myself out to go Cu hunting. :hahaha:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe poison is the most common 100% resist out there among mobs. This alone makes poison pets inadequate "all around" pets. Moreover, 100% elemental pets (new drakes), despite cool looks turned out to be disappointing in abilities and points. I think they would be best suited as a pet specialized to fight a specific monster (Poison or Energy only).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Platinum and Crimson Drakes

These drakes are awesome. The points are similiar to a Cu.

I put 120 scrolls on the one at the bottom. Mel hates my fire drake. I also take it to spawns.

We do need fewer 100% physical pets.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe poison is the most common 100% resist out there among mobs. This alone makes poison pets inadequate "all around" pets. Moreover, 100% elemental pets (new drakes), despite cool looks turned out to be disappointing in abilities and points. I think they would be best suited as a pet specialized to fight a specific monster (Poison or Energy only).
The elemental drakes are actually quite awesome pets and have decent points. Some of them are suited better to specific encounters but we use ours quite often.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The elemental drakes are actually quite awesome pets and have decent points. Some of them are suited better to specific encounters but we use ours quite often.
There are much better alternatives for 100% Fire and Cold damage. For Energy and Poison, Cu and Naj respectively are superior despite split damage.
Drakes are useable as pets, but I don't find any of them that are the best option for the job. They work, but so does almost every pet out there. My opinion ofc.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Platinum and Crimson Drakes

These drakes are awesome. The points are similiar to a Cu.

I put 120 scrolls on the one at the bottom. Mel hates my fire drake. I also take it to spawns.

We do need fewer 100% physical pets.
In the post that you are linking, you say that they don't have the points of a Cu :D which has been my experience as well. I wholly agree on more !00% elemental pets.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are close. Not enough to add a magic ability and have 800 HP. But it is a good fighter.