• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poison Field.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I was messing around with poison field earlier, I was running it with the Poisoning skill at GM
Just curious if this actually effects poison field at all?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its excellent crowd control in PvM. Lich Lords & other casters will constantly cure instead of casting on you.

In PvP its also a nice advantage to hold off groups at choke points. I used to run one often.
You'll find its a great way to get attention, everyone in the crashing party starts targeting you.
On more then one occasion it was dp fields that kept the hordes at bay.:D

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Its excellent crowd control in PvM. Lich Lords & other casters will constantly cure instead of casting on you.

In PvP its also a nice advantage to hold off groups at choke points. I used to run one often.
You'll find its a great way to get attention, everyone in the crashing party starts targeting you.
On more then one occasion it was dp fields that kept the hordes at bay.:D
Damn that's freaking cool!
The expansive knowledge I get on here is just beyond.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In order to inflict Deadly Poison (Lvl 4) with either the Poison spell or Poison Field spell, Magery+Poisoning must equal 200 or greater. 120 Magery+80 Poisoning will inflict DP. The third level "Poison" spell is also affected by range from target, in order to inflict DP on a target with it you must have 200+ in Magery+Poisoning, and be within a few tiles of the target. Poison Field is not affected by range. Both Poison and Poison Field can be resisted, which is based on a check between the casters Magery vs the victim's Resist skill (50% chance to inflict Poison at 120 Magery vs 120 Resist).
The Necro spell, "Poison Strike", also has a 9% chance to inflict DP at GM Poisoning. Tamed/leveled Dread Spiders with GM Poisoning skill and Necromage learned can occasionally inflict DP with Poison Strike (including on any secondary targets hit with it's splash). Evil Omen can simultaneously halve the victim's Resist skill while bumping the level of poison inflicted by Poison or Poison Field by 1, making Lethal Poison (Level 5) possible.

In PvP though, there are so many people that script pot chug, that the DP is cured almost immediately, so Nox Mages have declined as pot chugging scripts proliferated.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Back in the days of Nox Mages this was something I always wanted to do, but never PVPed. LOL Nox Mage just sounds cool.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back in the days of Nox Mages this was something I always wanted to do, but never PVPed. LOL Nox Mage just sounds cool.
Yeah, prior to AoS, Nox Mages were terrifying. Poison was much more dangerous back then, because it did a lot more damage (4-5 ticks of DP and you were dead) and was a lot more difficult to cure (Cleanse By Fire/Cleansing Winds didn't exist, Vampire Form didn't exist, Enhance Potions didn't exist, Pots didn't stack, Arch Cure didn't have an increased cure chance, bandages slipped on even 1 point of damage, and spells took longer to cast and so were more susceptible to interrupts). The only thing capable of inflicting Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) back then, were Silver Serpents, and it was basically a death sentence, 4 ticks you were dead, and it was almost impossible to cure.
A single Nox Mage could easily turn the tide of a battle over a champ spawn. If you dropped DP Poison Fields on someone's boat, they were screwed.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah, prior to AoS, Nox Mages were terrifying. Poison was much more dangerous back then, because it did a lot more damage (4-5 ticks of DP and you were dead) and was a lot more difficult to cure (Cleanse By Fire/Cleansing Winds didn't exist, Vampire Form didn't exist, Enhance Potions didn't exist, Pots didn't stack, Arch Cure didn't have an increased cure chance, bandages slipped on even 1 point of damage, and spells took longer to cast and so were more susceptible to interrupts). The only thing capable of inflicting Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) back then, were Silver Serpents, and it was basically a death sentence, 4 ticks you were dead, and it was almost impossible to cure.
A single Nox Mage could easily turn the tide of a battle over a champ spawn. If you dropped DP Poison Fields on someone's boat, they were screwed.
im just sitting back and reading and remembering the old days and pvp and rolling around with my nox mage.
and im smiling.
like a Cheshire cat, is that wrong?
back when holding faction bases and spamming the bridge with nox fields and watching everyone spasm.... with joy id have to assume!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when PvP was actually fun...............